• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Homecoming Would you like to see a Clone Saga adaptation?

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
Would you like to see Sony/Marvel loosely adapt a Clone Saga? Specifically with guest appearances from Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield. And a possible appearance from Doctor Strange or Madam Webb...

spideys.jpg

Maximum%2BCloneage.jpg

Maybe it's not what everyone is clamoring for, but it would certainly be a cool way to tie the other Spidey movies in with the MCU.

Thoughts?

I know a lot people will immediately say no, given that the 90s clone saga was bloated mess, but the inherit idea behind is not a terrible one. It was the by-product of terrible editorial mandate, multiple writers and no one knowing what the hell was going on. And given that these movies are not panel by panel adaptations (i.e. Age of Ultron, Civl War, etc...), I could easily see them making a version of the Clone Saga that would easily surpass the comics.

Having said that, while I am open to an adaptation on the clone saga, there are plenty of other villains and stories I would want to see first. And no I would not want to see Tobey or Andrew as "clones" or Madame Webb.

I'd love to but not with this Spider-Man. In fact, I think it could work better if they adapted the story for the potential Venom franchise.

Yeah, but not with Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield. I'd much rather see Tom Holland in multiple roles.

Yeah, but not with Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield. I'd much rather see Tom Holland in multiple roles.

Holland actually said that he wanted to do this story. Maybe someday. He knows the grand plan of the MCU doesnt really have room for the Clone Saga. at least not yet.

Personally I don't want to see the clones on the big screen, ever.

If it means we can see Tom play a Peter Parker who isn't beholden to Tony Stark, feeling responsible for his actions, completely independent and isn't the brunt of every joke.. :o

Sarcasm aside, I've always wanted to see Ben Reilly on the big screen so it's an obvious yes.

If it means we can see Tom play a Peter Parker who isn't beholden to Tony Stark, feeling responsible for his actions, completely independent and isn't the brunt of every joke.. :o

Sarcasm aside, I've always wanted to see Ben Reilly on the big screen so it's an obvious yes.

Who do you picture playing Reilly?

Tom? :oldrazz:

I don't think they'd cast anyone else but the same guy who's already Peter given that they're identical clones.

I guess.
I was thinking they'd pull it off like they did with the Facebook movie but You're probably right.

I guess.
I was thinking they'd pull it off like they did with the Facebook movie but You're probably right.

What do you mean? Both twins were Armie Hammer

Also, why do the clone saga when Spider verse is better for having different varieties of Spiderman and you can get Tobey and Andrew to show up as well

Last edited:
What do you mean? Both twins were Armie Hammer

Also, why do the clone saga when Spider verse is better for having different varieties of Spiderman and you can get Tobey and Andrew to show up as well

Ideally, a Spider-Verse film with Tobey and Andrew returning to give closure to their respective series' and officially passing the torch to Tom is what I want the most.

That said, very very doubtful.

ABSO-EFFING-LUTELY NOT.
No multitude of Spider-Men, no, none, whatesoever. I don't want any person to lose touch with himself cause there are others who look and sound just like he does.

ABSO-EFFING-LUTELY NOT.
No multitude of Spider-Men, no, none, whatesoever. I don't want any person to lose touch with himself cause there are others who look and sound just like he does.

Totally agree, the whole Clone thing was a terrible idea in the comics and would be even worse in a film.

There are so many great Spider Man stories to build movies around, there's no reason to use the Clone saga.

Totally agree, the whole Clone thing was a terrible idea in the comics and would be even worse in a film.

There are so many great Spider Man stories to build movies around, there's no reason to use the Clone saga.
2761711-1657.jpg

If the only clone to ever show up is Ben Reilly, I'd be ok with it.

The only reason I don't say "no, absolutely not", is because Marvel Studios did a good "adaptation" of Civil War, which was an even worse story. So, its not impossible.

I see no good reason to bring back Garfield, though, so the "bring back the prior actors" proposal *does* get a "no, absolutely not".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"