• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World X-Men Real life Series- (Like Smallville)

Superman is in smallville, he just doesn't wear his costume. Clark Kent isn't in Smallville, it's Kal El who's in Smallville. That's Superman's real personality. Now, you do make a very good point, Lois wasn't introduced for a very long time, but to the general population Lois is just Superman's future wife and the girl he always saves. She's not as interesting a character. And yes, people would be very annoyed if they didn't put the Joker in the 2nd Batman movie, and probably ready to kill someone if he wasn't in the 3rd.

Again, this is a very good point, which is why I don't think you're wrong either. I'm just not totally sure. See the thing is, to the general public Wolverine is the X-men, but that's not necessarily a good thing either.

Wolverine is my favorite, but the over exposure has made me weary of him. I love the wolverine from the Claremont/Miller Mini series that could be killed if he was injured too badly, one that wasn't a mindless killing machine...basically a more human Wolverine.

Now, it is a good point you make in saying it could be too much like X1, it very well could be, and that could hurt the show, a good reason not to introduce Wolverine too early. But one thing I would be wary about is, is it really what people want to tell the origin story of the first five X-men? When they were introduced in comics, it tanked. Will the tv series do better?

Now, I'm not saying Wolverine HAS to be in the show after 2 seasons to be good, I'd just be wary of it, but, if the writing's good enough, I do think the show would work fine. Also, delaying the introducting of Wolverine would build up the other characters, and when Wolverine is introduced he wouldn't have to be a major player. You would be able to make him more like he originally was, not the overblown character he's become, which would be nice.

Wow... that's NOT the reply I was expecting... I have to admit I agree a great deal, and your clarfications on my Smallville statements were quite on point. I'm not so sure that the vast majority of the public sees Wolverine as the X-Men... I'd agree for kids too young to remember the cartoons, but a rational adult watching the X-Men movies is going to see a lot more or note that Wolverine.

I believe the introduction of Wolverine should be a big deal and he should be allowed to come in and REMAIN a rebel and a bad boy, instead of trying to cover every position. Every appearance could be totally badass, instead of trying to make him "be the X-Men" which is something that is unacceptable t me. If that's how the general public sees it, then that needs to be changed immediately. I couldn't watch another show that treats Wolverine as if he "is the X-Men." Not just wary, but outright disgusted.

That said, the idea of taking the Ultimate X-Men route is... interesting. I was kinda sold on the origional 5... personally for diversity's sake, I wouldn't have minded casting a black guy as Beast, since, well, he's just gonna turn blue anyway. Twist modern subcultures into the mix (Cyke a bit emo, Angel a bit preppy, Iceman a bit wigga, Beast a sports-junkie and Jean a bit overachiever), and you can update the origional 5 dramatically while still keeping the feel and team dynamics.

Ultimate X-Men is, honestly, what got me back into reading Marvel comics. The first few arcs are simply AWESOME. If they decided to go that route, and remix the starting five, I'd expect them to keep the freshness going (Wolvie starting out as an agent of Magneto sent to assasinate Xavier, everyone getting enslaved by Weapon X)... I'd expect it to KEEP going, not just remix the starting 5 and then tell the same old same old stories. That said, I have a desire to see the old stories with modern twists, and thus, the starting 5.

Rogue as a recurring villain just sounds awesome though, no matter what you do.

Wow... that's NOT the reply I was expecting... I have to admit I agree a great deal, and your clarfications on my Smallville statements were quite on point. I'm not so sure that the vast majority of the public sees Wolverine as the X-Men... I'd agree for kids too young to remember the cartoons, but a rational adult watching the X-Men movies is going to see a lot more or note that Wolverine.

I believe the introduction of Wolverine should be a big deal and he should be allowed to come in and REMAIN a rebel and a bad boy, instead of trying to cover every position. Every appearance could be totally badass, instead of trying to make him "be the X-Men" which is something that is unacceptable t me. If that's how the general public sees it, then that needs to be changed immediately. I couldn't watch another show that treats Wolverine as if he "is the X-Men." Not just wary, but outright disgusted.

That said, the idea of taking the Ultimate X-Men route is... interesting. I was kinda sold on the origional 5... personally for diversity's sake, I wouldn't have minded casting a black guy as Beast, since, well, he's just gonna turn blue anyway. Twist modern subcultures into the mix (Cyke a bit emo, Angel a bit preppy, Iceman a bit wigga, Beast a sports-junkie and Jean a bit overachiever), and you can update the origional 5 dramatically while still keeping the feel and team dynamics.

Ultimate X-Men is, honestly, what got me back into reading Marvel comics. The first few arcs are simply AWESOME. If they decided to go that route, and remix the starting five, I'd expect them to keep the freshness going (Wolvie starting out as an agent of Magneto sent to assasinate Xavier, everyone getting enslaved by Weapon X)... I'd expect it to KEEP going, not just remix the starting 5 and then tell the same old same old stories. That said, I have a desire to see the old stories with modern twists, and thus, the starting 5.

Rogue as a recurring villain just sounds awesome though, no matter what you do.

Yeah, I'm not a mindless Wolverine fanboy, I always want a good story first:woot:.

Now, I would love it you kept Wolverine true to his roots, because that's the Wolverine I loved, not Wolverine/Scott as appeared in the last movie. Also, if you keep the fresh spin on the original five, with an Ultimate X-men feel, while teeling the original stories, I think that would be great. I think it would be very probable that it would hold up for four seasons.

And I completley agree, I'm tired of them trying to make Wolverine the face of the X-men. He works better when he's the loner working with the group, or on his own.

Also, I love the Rouge as a recurring villian, that would be great. You know what would be a great way to start off season two? Have Magneto captured and being held in prison, and then suddenly the doors are ripped off and we see Rouge Standing in the doorway, then Mystique and a few others from the "New Brotherhood" enter, and Magneto slowly smiles to himself as he stands up to meet his new followers.

Or even use the Rouge/Mystique band as a seperate group, they might not want to follow Mags to begin with.

Ah, nothing like some good multi-faction fun to stir up the crowds... Goverment vs FoH, Mystique's Brotherhood vs Magneto's Acolytes (Magneto gets the brotherhood when he gets Mystique...)

Cyclops' cynical clique vs Xavier's dream-loving teachers pets. (Eventually, Cyclops dethrones Jean as Xavier's favorite when he picks up the dream internally).

It's a shame no one else sees the greatness that this could be... I guess people are too stuck in movie-land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"