• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Young children with gener identity disorder? Your thoughts.

Sentinel X

optical illusion
Reaction score
So, I was watching ABC's 20/20 last night and they had a special about young children who have gender identity disorder. These children, since the age of three, knew that they were really meant to be girls or boys but were tragically trapped in their mismatched bodies.
They showed several children with gender identity disorder such as Jazz (a 7 yr old boy turned girl) and Riley (A 9 year old gender confused boy who turned female)
Then it got me thinking...how exactly is someone "born" a girl or boy? :huh:
That argument just made no sense to me. I began to wonder if perhaps these gender-confused children are really just children with low self-esteem and self identity issues (not neccesarily gender related). Perhaps they are uncomfortable being themselves; they've seen another person (of the opposite sex) and desired to be like them (thinking that they'd be happy and complete) hence wanting to change their sex.

When Barbra walters interviewed the children they explain how they never liked "boy" toys when younger and always liked doing girl things...they wanted to wear dresses, play mommy, have tea parties, etc.
This kind of got me confused, how does a child at such a young age discern for themselves what he/she is really suppose to play with. My little sister used to play with my spider-man toys when I was younger but that doesn't make her less feminine than any other young girl of her age.

Im really intruiged by this unusual mental disorder and was wondering what others thought. Personally, I DONT think that at such a young age a child should become transgendered but then again studies have shown that young children who are 'transgendered' tend to have suicidal thoughts, higher risk of HIV, and are much more tempted to use narcotics if their needs aren't meant and they do not have enough parental support...so I could see how its hard for many parents.

Nice to hear the crickets still chirpping.
So....Hows the baby?

*sigh* :csad:

Man would it suck to hang with dudes(Thinking youre a girl) in kindergarden, only to find out you have a penis :up:

my little sister used to watch these shows all the time, about kids who were born, i guess hermaphrodites, and the parents chose to make them one or the other, through surgery, only to choose the wrong one... they'd make their baby a girl, when it was meant to be a boy, etc...

...i used to argue with my way religious friend about these people in regards to their sexuality, because, being religious, he assumes being gay is a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"