Your JLA

Aristotle said:
By the way, has Arsenal been officially changed to "Red Arrow" now? I was really hoping that was just Hal being hungover from a night of partying or something like that.
Arsenal is Arsenal not red arrow.. Lets just hope that that was all we ever heard about that

Kebab gud said:
Arsenal is Arsenal not red arrow.. Lets just hope that that was all we ever heard about that

For the next edition of denial theatre, he's going to jump into a time machine and say that Speedy is Speedy, not Arsenal.

I'm going with a huge roster that can be reduced or expanded, depending on the situation.

Roster
Batman
Wonder Woman
Mr. Terrific
Dr. Mid-nite
Green Arrow (Ollie)
Black Canary
Zatanna
Atom Smasher
Flash (Wally)
Green Lantern (Kyle or Hal)
Animal Man
Metamorpho
Captain Marvel
Power Girl
Blue Beetle
Hawkman
Sandman
Cyborg
Huntress
Liberty Belle

Creative Team
Geoff Johns and Gail Simone - Writers
John Cassiday - Penciller

1. Drop "America" from name of group.

2. If Three members Superman, Martian Manhunter, Ion

3. If Standard seven:
The Question
BigBarda
Captain Marvel
Max Mercury
A Green Lantern TRAINEE from OA, (Prefer female, prefer intelligent w/o being a ballbuster)
Airwave
Thunder

4. If No upperlimit to legue numbers,.. Annex the Teen Titans and the Outsiders, Collect the 25 or so loners who don't belong to anyone and the regular 15 or so.

Rotate as mission requires.

Don't dissmiss mine out of hand,.. I have reasons for all four.

I like the "America" in the title so much, I'd like to add it at least four more times.

Justice League of America - OYL

trinitymv8.jpg

Superman - Clark Kent
Wonder Woman - Diana Prince
Batman - Bruce Wayne

Ever since Morrison this "trinity" of superheroes has been seen as a essential element of the Justice League. It's something that I'm reluctant to go with, but I've included them because I don't think the Justice League needs them, but that they need the Justice League. They are the big time heroes, and they've become so connected to the League, they can't afford not to be a member. That's not to say though that the League greatly benefits from their membership, and they make an interesting triumvirate that runs the League. Superman's the inspiration, Batman's the tactician and Wonder Woman is the glue.

martianmanhunteren9.jpg

Martian Manhunter - J'onn J'onzz
Meet mainstay of the League number two. Together with Aquaman, they run the League. His power lend excellently to communications (as has been shown in pretty much every incarnation of the League), and he's always been one of the most sociable folks in the group. Members can always turn to either him or Wonder Woman, who get to head up what is essentially the motivator role. Aquaman and Batman fill the gruff, anti-social leader role.

aquamanbi6.jpg

Aquaman - Orin/Arthur Curry
If the trinity are the guides, Aquaman is the leader of this team. If you'll remember, during the "Crisis of Conscience" arc that disassembled the League in time for Infinite Crisis, Aquaman had gotten fed up with the increasingly fracturing League and tried to mend the team back into an efficient force for good. It's a role that always falls to Aquaman whenever the League breaks up (think of what ultimately led to the Detroit league), and he's always been the defacto second-in-command if not outright field leader.

boostergoldwp7.png

Booster Gold - Michael Carter
I would've preferred to see Booster Gold surive 52, but it was not to last. In my one year later League however, he would've survived that troubling year, gotten his act together and truly find redemption in a new League. He'd find a revived friendship with the Martian Manhunter, who, according to them at least, failed Blue Beetle in his hour of need. Instead of letting himself fall back into obscurity, Booster Gold continues his mission to become the world's greatest hero with the League, not for himself, but in memory of Blue Beetle.

zatanna1qr1.jpg

Zatanna Zatara
Zatanna brings with her two very important elements to the League. Being a powerful magic user and being a woman. The latter remark sounds odd, but she is perfect for this league not just from a character/story point of view, but also from a plot/team point of view. Her presence basically prevents the team from being exclusively male with the exception of Wonder Woman, and she gets to earn her redemption with the League. The fact that this League is otherwise quite underpowered in the magic department makes her inclusion even better.

firestormff9.jpg

Firestorm, the Nuclear Man - Jason Rusch/Martin Stein
Every incarnation of the League has had its rookie. Back during the years of the Sattelite headquarters, that rookie was Ronnie Raymond, who was Firestorm at that time, together with Martin Stein. Instead of merging with Firehawk however, one year later would've shown a Firestorm with a little more experience and still under the guidance of Martin Stein. Joining the League gives him the chance to really prove himself even more.

Wonder Woman (she deserves her time as the leader of the team)
Batman
Captain Marvel
Green Lantern (John Stewart, because he fits in better with a team dynamic)
Flash (Wally)
Plastic Man
Dr. Fate
Black Canary
J'onn
Aquaman

with a rotating 11th member spot consisting of Connor Hawke, Nightwing, Power Woman, Atom, Zatanna, Etrigan or Steel, as the story demands it.

My ideal creative team would be JMS or Gail Simone on script, with Jim Lee on pencils.

I like the traditional leaguers.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Aquaman
Hawkman
Hawk Woman
Matian Manhunter
Flash

in addition I wouldn't mind seeing

Captian Marvel
Mighty Isis
Zatanna
Power Girl
Dr. Fate

Id' have to say the traditional 7,
superman
batman
wonder woman
martian manhunter
aquaman
flash (wally)
green lantern (kyle...so in this case, ion)

and i'd add zatanna to increase the feminine element, but even more important, for the magical element,
also, Steel, for the technological part,
and maybe Captain Marvel (freddy freeman) to add some intelligent muscle

oh i forgot to add green arrow, the political one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"