Youtube Enlists Trusted Flaggers, on way to Censorship.

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
Soooo, long story short, not even a week after re-liking Mark Dice's (conspiracy theorist and media critic) Facebook page, he posts this link.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/03/17/youtube-enlists-trusted-flaggers-to-police-videos/

Due to the fact now both his youtube accounts (main channel and back up channel) have been deleted from youtube, and his accounts had no prior violations.

A person familiar with the program said the vast majority of the 200 participants in the super flagger program are individuals who spend a lot of time flagging videos that may violate YouTube’s community guidelines. Fewer than 10 participants are government agencies or non-governmental organizations such as anti-hate and child-safety groups, the person added.
In either case, Google said it decides which videos are removed from YouTube. “Any suggestion that a government or any other group can use these flagging tools to remove YouTube content themselves is wrong,” a Google spokesman said.

Oh great, more of this BS.

Oh great, more of this BS.

Not a fan of Dice or not a fan of this new YouTube policy?

Adam Kokesh, on the other hand, I would have thought of had his channel taken down. I mean, he has called for some radical stuff. Dice never did from what I am aware of.

Can't say I know of the guy but I've seen a few favorite videos of peoples original work taken down including a few of an original game, vvvvvv, that was interesting. In the games case it was wholly owned by the creator and he had full rights to display it as he saw fit and it was taken down anyway.

That would be because the major copyright holders (MPAA, RIAA and the like) are abusing the DMCA takedown request form as a way to stifle anyone who might be a threat.

Conspiracy theory? I think not.

That would be because the major copyright holders (MPAA, RIAA and the like) are abusing the DMCA takedown request form as a way to stifle anyone who might be a threat.

Conspiracy theory? I think not.

Haven't clicked on those links, but good news is both Mark Dice's youtube channels have been fully restored after a day!

Apparently, he was trending on Facebook yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"