15 Minutes with Nell2ThaIzzay

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
FyI6o.jpg

with Nell2ThaIzzay
Nell2ThaIzzay's assigned Movie to remake is...Heavy Metal!

Also, remind people that a good 15 minutes, doesn't mean 1-2 word answers. Not telling people to write a novel, but at least be interesting.

ELABORATE!!!

Question time!!

Where do you see yourself and what do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?

What is your first name?

Who do you feel closest to here on the Hype?

If you were to meet any Hypester in real life, who would it be and what would you do?

Where is home for you? Where would you like home to be?

List 15 superheroes you really enjoy

List 30 movies you wish to see

FyI6o.jpg

with Nell2ThaIzzay
Nell2ThaIzzay's assigned Movie to remake is...Heavy Metal!

I've actually never even seen it :(

Question time!!

Where do you see yourself and what do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?

Having established a career in theatre and film, particularly in the acting, directing, and writing aspects.

What is your first name?

Allen

Who do you feel closest to here on the Hype?

Probably some of the fellow Relationship Advice Thread posters, Anita, Erz, hopeful, etc...

If you were to meet any Hypester in real life, who would it be and what would you do?

I imagine that Anita would probably be the most realistic to meet, since my journey is going to take me to California, and I see reason why I would be in Los Angeles often. I imagine if we did meet up we'd probably just do lunch and talk and random stuff lol.

Where is home for you? Where would you like home to be?

Right now? Tennessee. In about a month? California. It's also where I'm originally from. Where I want it to be? Right now, I want to be in New York, even if not permanently.

List 15 superheroes you really enjoy

Most any of the X-Men, but particularly Gambit, Magneto, Beast, Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, Xavier, Jean Grey, Iceman, Bishop, Psylocke, Emma Frost... but I feel that's kind of a cop out to just name drop a bunch of X-Men, so...

Batman, Punisher, Flash, Blade, Deadpool, Ninja Turtles...

That's not a full 15, but combined with X-Men characters it gets me there. But I'm also more of an X-Men fan than a general superhero / comic book fan. There's only a select few superheroes or comics that really stand out for me.

List 30 movies you wish to see

I've seen most of the films I wish to see, I don't know if there are 30 movies that I haven't seen that I really want to, although there are a lot of movies out there that I feel like I -should- have seen at my age, and I haven't:

Godfather 2, Godfather 3, Labyrinth, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, The Avengers, Hangover 2, Hangover 3, TMNT, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Skyfall, G.I. Joe, Transformers 3, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Kick Ass, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter 4, 6, and 7 part 2, Avatar... is that 30? Probably not, but that's what I can think of at the moment.

What does your name mean/what's the story of your name?

My first name is Allen, and back in highschool, my "rap persona" was Nella, which is my name backwards. In 2001, Jay-Z came out with the song "Izzo", that has the chorus "H to the Izzo, V to the Izzay" which spells H O V A which is Hova, his nickname. So I took Nell2ThaIzzay as my online handle from that song.

I hate telling that story lol, ugh.

haha cool story about the name. Who won the Jay z vs Nas battle?

Do you plan to start with filming something original? Or based on a source material?

List a few novels you enjoy that are given movie treatments.
What things from the story needed to stay?
What has the movie done better?

haha cool story about the name. Who won the Jay z vs Nas battle?

I'm in the minority, but I think that Jay-Z won that battle.

Do you plan to start with filming something original? Or based on a source material?

List a few novels you enjoy that are given movie treatments.
What things from the story needed to stay?
What has the movie done better?

I have a few ideas for original works, some fantasy, some sci fi and superhero. There are also a few already existing properties that I would love to have an opportunity to take a stab at.

Hmmm... if I'm bad for not having seen a lot of movies that I should have, I'm even worse on novels. I can say that I hated Stanley Kubrick's version of The Shining, and I think he absolutely butchered that work. I haven't made it through the entire Lord Of The Rings novel trilogy, but what I did make it through, I was very happy with what the films did. In the movie, I prefer what they did with having the journey not take years upon years like it did in the book. I read Dracula and compared it to the movie, but honestly, I don't recall the movie well enough to be able to state how I felt it held up.

Is it wrong for me as a fan of X-Men (casual) to hate the Phoenix story in general? And to hate the alien connection?

I counted the characters you listed, they are 19 heroes and one on his own line. You did fine

What movie would you like to remake?

Tell us about some of your interests. Movies and the X-Men aside

Man of Steel or Star Trek Into Darkness?

The Marine 3: Homefront or Tooth Fairy?

Is it wrong for me as a fan of X-Men (casual) to hate the Phoenix story in general? And to hate the alien connection?

I counted the characters you listed, they are 19 heroes and one on his own line. You did fine

What movie would you like to remake?

Tell us about some of your interests. Movies and the X-Men aside

No, I don't think it's wrong to hate the Phoenix Saga. It's not one of my favorites either, and the space and alien stuff is a huge reason why. That might be one reason why I'm able to like X-Men: The Last Stand stuff so much, because it takes the stuff about the Phoenix Saga that I do like (a good character becoming corrupted and going dark) and gets rid of all the convoluted stuff I don't like (clones, aliens, galactic space battles, etc.).

As a huge fan, even though I am completely against reboots, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the X-Men movies if there was ever a remake. I wouldn't mind a chance to remake Hitman as I think that movie could also be done better than it was.

Well I mentioned wanting to be in theatre or film in 10 years. I just graduated college with a degree in theatre, and I really love doing that. I've had experience as an actor, writer, and director, and I absolutely love it. And while it's nothing that's going to get me on an IMDB page, I've also shot a couple episodes for the television show Nashville as well, including shooting a scene for the season premiere airing next month.

I've loved rap and hip hop virtually all my life, and while I haven't done much recently, at one point I loved writing and performing rap music as well.

I've spent a good chunk of time the past few years coaching little league for my nephews. It was a truly fun and rewarding experience, and I have a lot of great memories from it.

Wrestling or Baseball?
No, I don't think it's wrong to hate the Phoenix Saga. It's not one of my favorites either, and the space and alien stuff is a huge reason why. That might be one reason why I'm able to like X-Men: The Last Stand stuff so much, because it takes the stuff about the Phoenix Saga that I do like (a good character becoming corrupted and going dark) and gets rid of all the convoluted stuff I don't like (clones, aliens, galactic space battles, etc.).
:highfive: all the way

What's your favorite story arc in comics and why?

Wrestling or Baseball?
:highfive: all the way

What's your favorite story arc in comics and why?

2 good questions.

April thru August I'd have to say wrestling. But September thru October, baseball. As much as I love wrestling, it can't compare to real sports that have consequence. Especially these past few years when my Giants have been good! Although they suck this year :cmad::cmad::cmad: But post season baseball is awesome.

Favorite comic arc? Well it'd definitely be an X-Men angle, as that's the only comic I read any sort of extensively.

I like stories like Mutant Massacre or Days Of Future Past, because I think they are stories that really touch on the heart of why I love X-Men, which is the dynamic of a group of people being persecuted and oppressed because they are different, and people fear what they don't understand. Huge reason why I'm heavily anticipating X-Men: Days Of Future Past next year and think it might be my favorite X-Men film yet, and why I've wanted to see Sentinels for so long.

I liked the arc that included Gambit's 1st appearance cuz Gambit. :word::word:

It's not a specific arc, but rather a recurring character plot point, but the history between Gambit and Sabretooth, both their involvement in the mutant massacre as well as their confrontation in Paris. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I really loved Gambit's reaction to Logan mentioning Creed in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and that moment was made so much more powerful for me because of their history in the comics.

A related arc that I really liked was Gambit's mutant massacre trial that led to Rogue abandoning him in Antarctica. This arc, and the Sabretooth arc, really delve into Gambit's character and portray him as more than just the "cool" factor character that he's often made out to be.

As Gambit is my favorite character of all time, there are a lot of other miscellaneous mini arcs here or there surrounding him that I really enjoy. Gambit, Storm, and Yukio versus the Phalanx, Gambit going back to New Orleans with Belladonna, followed by the X-Men and Ghost Rider, and a lot of others.

I also liked what they were doing right around the time of Bishop's first appearance, and leading up to and through the split between Uncanny X-Men and X-Men. Lots of great characters and some really fun and exciting stories involving enemies like Magneto, Omega Red, Mr. Sinister...

Can you roll your tongue?

Have you ever been yelled at by a boss?

Have you ever yelled at a boss?

Have you ever been so drunk you threw up?

Do you/have you ever had any pets (pics if you have em!).

How big is your family? Brothers and sisters? Second cousins twice removed? :hehe:

Have you ever had to watch a sex scene with your parents?

What's your favourite ice cream?

Who is your idol in real life?

Who is your idol in fiction?

Can you roll your tongue?

Kind of but not really.

Have you ever been yelled at by a boss?

Oh yea.

Have you ever yelled at a boss?

OH YEA! lol

Have you ever been so drunk you threw up?

OH YES... Ugh...

Do you/have you ever had any pets (pics if you have em!).

Over the course of my childhood, I had 3 dogs, a cat, a rat, and 2 hamsters.

Currently, I have my cat named Psylocke.

This was her the night I brought her home as a stray back in November:

35036_10151285074103324_576384601_n_zps5cef30ac.jpg

This is her during the Super Bowl:

488003_10151431684938324_1217233628_n_zps7efa5f5a.jpg

And her deciding that my coffee table is the hangout spot:

20130501_213223_zps5f1dcd7f.jpg

How big is your family? Brothers and sisters? Second cousins twice removed? :hehe:

Both of my parents are still together. I have 1 sibling, a half brother who is 10 years older than me. Same father, different mothers. My brother is married with 2 kids. There's a whole lot of familial connections on my brother's side through his mom's side of the family, but I honestly don't speak too much to my brother, and don't really have any remaining ties to that side of the family due to religious conflicts. :(

1 aunt and 2 uncles on my mom's side (one of those uncles is passed away), my aunt on my mom's side is married, and I have one cousin from her, my surviving uncle is divorced, and I have 2 cousins from him (from 2 different women), one of which I haven't seen since I was like 6, and both of which have kids.

On my dad's side, my dad has 2 brothers, one is passed away, but was married with 2 kids, both sons, one of whom recently had a sex change, and my dad's other brother is married but has no kids.

And then I have a distant cousin, a girl who I guess has like done professional modeling or something, and my mom tried to hook me up with her :( I don't know her well, I spent a lot of holidays with her as a kid, but I haven't seen her in well over a decade.

That's about all the family I can think of haha.

Have you ever had to watch a sex scene with your parents?

Unfortunately, yes. :(

What's your favourite ice cream?

One scoop chocolate, one scoop mint chocolate chip, with M&M's and chocolate syrup!!

Diabeetus in a cup!

36839_411563853323_4204455_n_zps1fc6d3c3.jpg

Who is your idol in real life?

My grandmother, my father, or my theatre professor who was very influential on me and how far I've come the past few years.

Who is your idol in fiction?

magneto_wallpaper_by_ta2dsoul-d56a8c4_zpscc706183.jpg

:D

The vet said they thought she was about 6 months when I got her (this was back in November), so she's probably just over a year old now.

Who are your favourite film directors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"