19 yr old running for mayor?

Sloth7d

Escapist
Reaction score
She's just 19, but an Aberdeen teenager wants to become the city's next mayor.

Kai Jackson reports even though Nicole Burlew is not old enough to drink, she has unveiled her campaign platform.

In a political season, campaign signs pepper property around Aberdeen in Harford County.

Three people are running for mayor. All three appeared at a forum in Aberdeen Wednesday, yet one of the candidates clearly stands out.

Incumbent Mayor Fred Simmons is being challenged by retired state trooper Michael Bennett and 19-year-old Towson University student Nicole Burlew.

"What made me qualified is that I am a registered voter. I have lived in Aberdeen for two years, and I got 20 people, 20 registered voters to say that it was OK for me to run for mayor," said Burlew.

Burlew says she has a vision for Aberdeen.

"To the critics who say that I'm too young to be mayor, I have to say that my age should not be the deciding factor when you go to vote. I have a passion to make this city better than what it is," Burlew said.

Simmons and Bennett have been posting campaign signs around the city and holding fundraisers while Burlew's strategy relies on a Web site and meeting voters.

Burlew is commanding questions and cameras, and her fellow candidates say they welcome the youthful competition.

"I was a political science major at the University of Delaware and I was the head of student government. I didn't run for mayor but I certainly applaud what she's doing. I think it should be a role model for other people around the country," said incumbent Mayor Fred Simmons.

The election is Nov. 6.

http://wjz.com/seenon/local_story_283095017.html

there's a pic in the link...I'd hit it

Yeah, she's one of those average mallrat chicks. Yet you'd still be on it if she came up to you.

While this is cool and all, an 18 year old has already won a mayoral election.

What kind of a dumbass town would elect a teenager?
Regardless of how intelligent they are, teenagers know nothing about life. :huh:
This candidate would make a swell concubine however.

I guess her victory toast will be with grape juice. :csad:

I guess her victory toast will be with grape juice. :csad:

Or an alco-pop. I don't care if it does have liquer in it, I can't respect anyone that eats one of those.

Or an alco-pop. I don't care if it does have liquer in it, I can't respect anyone that eats one of those.

That's worse than drinking Smirnoff Ice, and admitting it.

I don't know guys, shes not that hot, unless you like chicks with mustaches...

sm

That's worse than drinking Smirnoff Ice, and admitting it.

Hell, I don't even drink alcohol and I would still point and laugh at a dude drinking something girly. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"