2006: Game Of The Year

And it's Final Fantasy XII. NOT Final Fantasy 12 :o

I've beaten Gears of War on regular and co-op. It is a great game. BUT it is far too short. 7 hours? Really? Is that it? Not to mention bad local gameplay in favor of online playing (skewing my preferences in a bad direction). Same complaints to COD3, when 2 had some of the best multiplayer FPS for localized playing since Halo 1. ****, since Perfect Dark (the last great local multiplayer).

Oblivion, was okay. Truth is I never really finished it. After 30 hours in it just doesn't keep my interest. It is cool, but I just thought it was boring.

That leaves the easy choice, The Lewgend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Not since Ocarina of Time has the Zelda franchise or Nintendo released something this immersive. I played the first five hours at a friend's place and watched him through the first dungeon. Having finally got it (waiting 'till I could officially get my own Wii) last week I am already 25 hours in and I estimate about 1/3 through the game and I am hooked like very few games have ever done (Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Goldeneye, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy 7 and that is about it that Twilight Princess joins).

That says a lot.

This is an easy vote for Zelda then.

BTW they should have quit making Final Fantasy games after 8 though.

DACrowe said:
BTW they should have quit making Final Fantasy games after 8 though.
then we wouldnt have gotten the gem that is FFXII

IX was really bad, X was mediocre. Never played XII though. I've watched it being played but it has the vvibe (IMO) of "We've run out of ideas." Just my opinion though.

I liked Gears a lot. Had a LOT of fun beating it twice, particularly in co-op mode. But it is just too short. The ending is well...unsatisfactory. It is all set-up for a sequel I thought. I lvoed it but a 7-hour game cannot be game of the year for me. Especially when it ****s on local gaming and is all about online (a turn-off for me).

But hey I probably would have voted for it if it weren't for Twilight Princess. One of the greatest games ever made.

Have you played TP? I find most people who say that haven't owned a Nintendo console since N64. Whether you like the big N or the Wii or not, TP is one of those few games that has immersed me.

Out of curiosity why is it overrated to you and how far (if at all) have you gotten in the game?

Ide much rather not sweat more than when I play basketball for 6 hours when playing a videogame, thanks.

:rolleyes:

In short you've never played the game or the Wii. I've played Zelda for 30 hours in one week and never once got tired. You don't have to break a sweat. It boggles my mind for you to declare a game is overrated and then basically say you never played it or the system it is on for that matter. I'll put it this way, I like a game that takes longer to beat than a slow weekend. I loved Gears, but without online gaming that thing would be of rental time to play.

But whatever.

People that say they get too tired playing the Wii...that just shows me how weak our population is physically. You can play ball for hours at a time, but can't move your hands? I heard two dudes at the store say the same thing. Since when are video games meant to be relaxing?

terry78 said:
People that say they get too tired playing the Wii...that just shows me how weak our population is physically. You can play ball for hours at a time, but can't move your hands? I heard two dudes at the store say the same thing. Since when are video games meant to be relaxing?
I played Wii Sports for 10 minutes in the mall and my wrists got tired. I think that is a real concern with people that might want to pick up the system. It has nothing to do with how weak or strong you are.

^The same thing can be alluded to with any job that requires typing or constant wrist movement. Because that's money earned if you do it, people sacrifice and type for hours regardless of any pain or fatigue. If you're truly into the game, you'll manage, as many people do as far as their thumb wear and tear.

terry78 said:
^The same thing can be alluded to with any job that requires typing or constant wrist movement. Because that's money earned if you do it, people sacrifice and type for hours regardless of any pain or fatigue. If you're truly into the game, you'll manage, as many people do as far as their thumb wear and tear.
but videogames are supposed to be fun, a release and a form of entertainment. I dont want to have to suffer through pain and fatigue just to play.

Havok83 said:
but videogames are supposed to be fun, a release and a form of entertainment. I dont want to have to suffer through pain and fatigue just to play.
Jerk off more, you ***** :cmad:

That's like me saying GOW is overrated and a pai non the eyes, even though it is obviously wrong and at least I've played that game though.

I said Gears of War

I would have said Resistance but honestly that game can't get game of the year yet, not many people have played it due to the shortages of the Playstation 3 and not many people can afford it which is hurting its sales pretty bad. It kinds of a jem thats just sitting there waiting to be discovered.

Oh well maybe next year when more people have played it.

SouLeSS said:
Ide much rather not sweat more than when I play basketball for 6 hours when playing a videogame, thanks.
Im picturing a pudgy hary white guy who's only experience with basketball if the little toy hoop hanging on his room door:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"