• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2007 San Diego Comic Con

Killgore

Sidekick
Reaction score
This thread is a roll cal for all those Hypesters that are going to be attending the San Diego Comic Con this summer.

For a first time attendee, what should I expect? Where are the good after hours parties? (I heard the Hyatt) What should I bring? What panels should I be sure to attend?

But this thread isn't all about me. Let's hear what you're plans are.

I usually go just for the movie press conference things. those are always awesome. You'll usually see main cast members and never-before seen stuff. if your lucky, you can ask them a question if you get in line fast enough. but be willing to sit around for a long time, people are greedy with their seats so don't give yours up unless your not coming back to it.

and of course I'll walk around the main floor mostly anywhere and a lot of free stuff is given out. (bring something to carry items in, like a backpack.) bring a camera and money...your gonna want to spend some.

I've never gone to one, which sucks. I'll have to find out when one is near me.

I'll miss this year's Comic-Con, I'm getting hitched that weekend.

i love that the convention centers just a trolley ride away down here.

as for what to do, really depends on what you like. the movie panels are usually awesome or if you like gaming they have great areas for that too.

usually i just like to wander the floor and see all the kick ass stuff. comic con really is just a blast.

i'd love to go but can't afford it. i'd go just for tim and eric's awesome-con alone.

This thread is a roll cal for all those Hypesters that are going to be attending the San Diego Comic Con this summer.

For a first time attendee, what should I expect? Where are the good after hours parties? (I heard the Hyatt) What should I bring? What panels should I be sure to attend?

But this thread isn't all about me. Let's hear what you're plans are.

1.)Wear comfy shoes...you will walk A LOT!
2.)Bring plenty of food/water because the stuff sold there is a lot of $$$
3.)Bring $100 more than you think you'll need
4.)Since you can afford the price of admission, you can afford a Speed Stick...don't stink up my air!
5.)Bring a book, iPod, etc. in case you need to wait in a long line for something.
6.)Bring spare batteries for your camera
7.)Don't talk to the Klingons

4.)Since you can afford the price of admission, you can afford a Speed Stick...don't stink up my air!
5.)Bring a book, iPod, etc. in case you need to wait in a long line for something.

PLEASE!!!

Last year was my first year going and I had a great time. The suggestions listed above are good, though I had a hard time finding something to eat. I only saw 1 bagel stand and 1 pizza stand. That's it (maybe a food court was set up somewhere and I didn't see it). So you want to take some food and water with you. I went alone last year and I'm glad I did. I was able to sit up front for a lot of events because there are always single chairs. If you go with someone, you'll have a real hard time finding two chairs together (so plan to split up before an event and hooking up again afterwards).
My favorite places to go were the movie discussions/panels. A lot of surprise guests will show up (I got to see the entire cast of Spiderman 3 and Ghost Rider) and I also got to see: Avengers II and Teen Titans movies.
I saw a lot of things being marked down in prices Sunday afternoon, so save your money until then...unless you think they might run out. Different comic vendors will have different prices for the same thing...so shop around.
Have fun, I'll be there again this year.:woot:

You guys are making me want to go and congrats, DV. :yay:

I'd like to go to San Diego Comic Con,but I live in CT. You'd be surprise by the amount of hot chicks that "Can't wait to go to comic con"

I am in Connecticut as well....it's not an excuse, get your butt there j/k. I went for 2 days back in 2000. in terms of food, there is a Ralph's Supermarlet about 5 blocks away from the convention center and the prices are reasonable. Bring a water bottle and fill it at one of the fountains in the convention center. I'm just going for some panels, the Independent Film Festival they have there, and maybe some good tidbits for films out next year. (iron man, dark knight)

Why, what's the matter with the Klingons?

they are Klingons....that's why. I don't like them ridgeheads and the funny way that they talk. This is America dammit, you talk American ya ridgehead

Can anyone advise which suggest which hotels to avoid? Or recommend any? Where do all the cool geeks hang out after hours? :)

I will be attending as a pro, so I will be hitting panels, and I have three or four meetings set up already. I will also be spending some time on the floor (gotta get my con exclusive Colonel America Zombie bust) and I have to work a table in the independent pavilion for the book I colored (even though the debut issue was done by someone else)

I wanted to go this year...but things didn't work out. Next year should hopefully work out better.

so lantern your from ct? you too shuley where about ? I live in Middletown.Have a great time at the sdcc

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"