2011-2012 NFL Playoff Pool(Playoff Pool Discussion Only)

NewYorkSpider

EndGame
Reaction score
Welcome to the 2011-2012 NFL Playoff Pool

So here's basically what's going to happen. You're going to start by sending your Wild Card picks for this weekend.(I will send out reminders through the week) Just the winner is all I need. If you pick correctly then you will be awarded points(which I will explain in just a moment.) After the Wild Card games are finished, you will then give me your Divisonal Round picks. We will do this all the way to the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl will be a little different. Some of you will have a chance to win, others won't. The posters that have a chance to win will have to give me a little extra then just a pick. I will need the winner of the game, score and MVP. The score and MVP will be used as tiebreakers. Now let's get onto the point structure.

The points will be a little different then years past.

Wild Card Round Wins – 1 Point
Divisonal Round Wins – 2 Points
Conference Round Wins – 3 Points
Super Bowl – 4 Points

So that's basically how it works. ALL Wild Card picks will be due by the first games kickoff.(Which will be Bengals/Texans at 4:30) You send them in a PM. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me or post in this thread. :up:

Please send your picks in a PM.

Participants
Donut
Holiday
Kalel114
JewishHobbit
StorminNorman
Kane52630
Matt
Sith Scotti
Hotwire
Spider-Fan
Hush
TheOnlyOmega
steintym
WalkingDeadMike
Genesis1.0
CalebYourMaster
The Incredible Hulk
CConn
bullets
ComicChick
Venom'sDad
TheIncredibleSk
Poeman
DoomsdayApex
Raiden
Duke
Byrd Man

*I'll be taking sign-ups all week.

Please do not make this thread an NFL Discussion!

Last edited:
Do we need scores or anything or just win/loss?

No scores. Just the winner of this weekends games.

The only time I'll need a score is during the Super Bowl for tiebreakers. This of course you have a chance to win.

Is there still time to sign up? If so, count me in. :yay:

So Im assuming we will PM the picks?

You're signed up, Byrd Man. :up: Make sure you get me your picks by Saturday at 4:30.

If anyone wants to change their pick, you can all the way up untill kick off. If your PM isn't in by the time kick off happens, I won't except it. :yay:

What's the prize for winning? Can it be to force Matt to have a Mike Tomlin avatar?

I'd bet you that on the Lions game. Should the Lions win, I'll have a Mike Tomlin avatar for a week. But before I agree to this....what are you willing to put up?

I'd bet you that on the Lions game. Should the Lions win, I'll have a Mike Tomlin avatar for a week. But before I agree to this....what are you willing to put up?

Hell if the Lions win, I want you to have a Schwartz avatar for a week. Not sure what I can put up as the Lions will likely get killed, so my odds are a lot worse than yours. But if you want, I'll use some other whimsical avatar of Cowher, Fisher, Tom Landry, etc. of your choosing for a week.

Can I get in on this?

I'll bet sigs with you.

Hell if the Lions win, I want you to have a Schwartz avatar for a week. Not sure what I can put up as the Lions will likely get killed, so my odds are a lot worse than yours. But if you want, I'll use some other whimsical avatar of Cowher, Fisher, Tom Landry, etc. of your choosing for a week.

I want insult to injury! Should the Saints win, I want you to dawn a Green Bay Packers avatar for a week! :pal: But yes, should the Lions win, I agree to your terms, and I will give you odds (because as you said, Lions are underdogs). I will have a Jim Schwartz avatar and make my signature "Matt was wrong, Hulk was right!" for a week. Agreed?

The Lions may lose, but they will not get killed.

I want insult to injury! Should the Saints win, I want you to dawn a Green Bay Packers avatar for a week! :pal: But yes, should the Lions win, I agree to your terms, and I will give you odds (because as you said, Lions are underdogs). I will have a Jim Schwartz avatar and make my signature "Matt was wrong, Hulk was right!" for a week. Agreed?

that's so wrong...but agreed.

The Lions may lose, but they will not get killed.

You have so much to learn, my young Lions padawan.

You have so much to learn, my young Lions padawan.

Actually I think I have been the one teaching you a few things since Mayhew & Schwartz took the helm.

I remember a certain someone being against the Stafford draft and being hesitant to call the Lions a playoff team at the start of the year ;)

I understand how decades of hurt can make you gun shy, but I know these Lions.

The Incredible Hulk said:
What's the prize for winning? Can it be to force Matt to have a Mike Tomlin avatar?

Winner can make the 2012 NFL Thread.

I'll lack only 3 posters picks for tomorrow. I work 7-3, so I'll post everyones picks as soon as I get home.

Bengals.gif
NFL.gif

Bengals
StorminNorman
The Incredible Hulk
TheOnlyOmega
KALEL114
Spider-Fan
JewishHobbit
Hush
Poeman
Genesis 1.0
TheIncredibleSk
Byrd Man
WalkingDeadMike
Venom'sDad
Warhammer
MessiahDecoy123
Duke

Texans
Sith Scotti
Hotwire
Matt
Donut
CConn
DoomsdayApex
CalebYourMaster
Kane52630
steintym
Raiden
bullets
ComicChick
Mister J
Holiday

Last edited:
People are blinded by their quarterback situation. In the end, their running game and defense is top notch and I think that will make the difference.

Dalton and crew will be clutch this game. I can feel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"