• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

2017 NFL Thread: Finale - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh McDaniels has turned down the Colts HC job and will remain with the Patriots. That really screws up the Colts' plans.

I wonder if Belichick is retiring this year or after next year. :hmm Or he just didn't like what he saw in Indianapolis? Very interesting news.

I wonder if the colts will fall back on one of those guys who makes the coaching carousel a way of life. John Fox or Del Rio.

Better for the Colts anyway, McDaniels is overrated, look at the quagmire he left in Denver when he was coach there. LOL

I think this says McDaniel was promised NE once Bellichick is gone.

I think it's more to do with Andrew Lucks health. That joke of an organization hasn't been straight with the fans ever since Lucks first got injured and now Schefter is reporting that Luck might still need more surgery.

27750564_10156228282171617_6467427285556784488_n.jpg

Last edited:
The Colts are a franchise in a holding pattern with how iffy Luck's shoulder has been. After thinking about it, McDaniels likely didn't want to be in position to fail again because he doesn't have a QB.

McDaniels probably would have tried to deal Luck in a three-way trade that would have brought Case Keenum to Indy.

Just kidding; he's probably not as much of an idiot as he was back in the Denver days. He probably just dodged a bullet because Indy is a mess and Luck might be done.

Matt Patricia officially signed and introduced as Lions head coach.

Happy to see he didnt pull a McDaniels on us.

Jimmy Garoppolo is now the highest paid player in NFL history; 5Y/137.5M.

Jeebus.

McDaniels is such a snake. How do you have two interviews with Indianapolis and have everything virtually locked up and then renege on the deal? He better pray to God that there are zero shenanigans in New England after Darth Belichick retires because I doubt he will never get another head coaching offer ever again from the other 31 teams.

For some reason, I highly doubt between Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening, there was some groundbreaking Andrew Luck news that destroyed all the faith he had in coaching in Indianapolis. He knew of everything he possibly could have all up until his verbal agreement that Tuesday morning. If I were an Indianapolis fan, I would be royally pissed. McDaniels/Luck sounded like it was going to be the next McVay/Goff or (the promising) Shanahan/Garoppolo. Now, that front office has to seemingly scramble for someone.

Denver knows how Indianapolis feels.

It took the Broncos 3 years to recover from McDaniels.

At least Indy has Frank Reich (Eagles). They can only go up.

Colts should of gone with Reich from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"