28 Months Later

Yeh sure I think the idea would work if done well. Perhaps it could be done in an Alien kind of way but set in a lab and with a few zombies instead of aliens lurking around, come to think of it that's basically a diet version of the first Resident Evil film...but I think if it was slower and less matrix style fights it could be interesting perhaps *shrug*.

The problem is that Zombie films since the 28 series have been done to death. Where do you take it from here?

I don't really think that approach will work very well either. Remember, the infected in 28 Days/Weeks Later move really fast. They're not slow and shambling like in Romero's Living Dead movies. And being bitten/bled on/whatever turns you in under a minute, unlike the Romero movies where being bitten turns you in several hours, or even days. No, if a movie were to be made about the first 28 hours after those idiot hippies released the infected chimps, it should be about the disease sweeping through The UK like wildfire and our protagonists struggle to get to an evacuation centre. What you've described might make for a good short film, but not a feature length movie. Not of the 28 Days/Weeks franchise anyways. I could maybe see a "[Rec]"/"Quarantine" type movie, where a bunch of doctors, janitors, and security guards are trying to stop the infected from leaving the building and survive to get out themselves, but ultimately fail. But again, I think that's more of a short film script idea. Maybe as a Special Feature on the DVD/Blu-Ray? But that's just my opinion.

True, but the man got paid a lot for Steve Jobs, even if that wasn't a success. But this would be good to do if it gave him the chance to do another smaller film.

They have left it too long for me, when was the last movie? 8 years ago?

This thread was started just over 7 years ago to give you an idea how long this movie has been discussed and just last month Boyle was saying he might direct this. With the flop of Steve Jobs I can see him retreating to something familar and potentially more bankable than another risk.

I did find it really amusing how he said he'd do this only if it were different than the previous movies. His latest movie was about Steve Jobs, coming off of a previous biopic flop on Steve Jobs which isn't particularly original.

We're in the age of brand recognition. This is established and less risky than something like Steve Jobs now. They will choose this, even if the box office won't be good.

Oh, I know. What I meant was he said he wanted to do something original while talking about the third entry in a franchise after having done a movie that was literally rehashing a previous movie from just a few years earlier that was also a failure.

We're in the age of brand recognition. This is established and less risky than something like Steve Jobs now. They will choose this, even if the box office won't be good.

Though it flopped, very little about the Steve Jobs movie read as "risky".

I enjoyed the heck out of 28 Weeks. I enjoyed it just as much as 28 Days and I actually prefer the climax of 28 Weeks.

Didn't realize Steve Jobs flopped, seeing as how everyone and their grandmother was raving about Fassenbender's performance....

Didn't realize Steve Jobs flopped, seeing as how everyone and their grandmother was raving about Fassenbender's performance....

I'm caring less and less about box office and more about whether a movie is any good. Blade Runner flopped, for example.

It did horrible. They pulled it from theaters.

I say wait a bit longer and give us 28 Years Later.

Hell, just call it that now. It feels like it's been that long.

With 28 Days I thought the movie loss its way a little at the end and the focus moves from the isolation and zombies to the army camp. I know some people think this part of the movie is the best bit but for me the movie is far more gripping with the group simply surviving.

With 28 Weeks I thought the movie took too long to get going and the way it gets going is a little silly but once the zombies are loose the movie cranks it up to never and never lets up.

I pretty much like both movies equally.

Really? I guess it's still too soon to be trying to make films about Jobs and his legacy.

That's a bit of a shame. I'm still interested in seeing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"