2nd Best DC Movie Villian

1. Joker (The Dark Knight)
2. Bane (The Dark Knight Rises)

Zod was C list in the comics?

Calling him C List is probably hyperbole, but Stamp definitely turned Zod into a top tier Superman villain. Before Superman II, Jax Ur was essentially the main Phantom Zone villain, though Zod made recurring appearances during the Silver Age.

I actually wonder why they used Zod instead of Jax Ur.

Scarecrow...

Honorable TV mention: Manu Bennett's Deathstroke

Last edited:
If we're including TV villains, I'd put Merlyn up there.

It's gotta be Stamp's Zod for me, he was a superpowered Hilter, the very definition of a stereotypical comicbook villain (in a good way!).
I also loved Michelle pfeiffer's Catwoman (she helped me out of puberty!) and the Ra's/Scarecrow combo in BB because they were used so well (thank you Nolan).

Shannon's Zod was very well written and very interesting BUT the fact that he got his butt whooped by a scientist and an inexperienced farmboy really took his character down several pegs.
On the other hand Faora was badass and by far my favorite female comicbook villain in recent years.

Calling him C List is probably hyperbole, but Stamp definitely turned Zod into a top tier Superman villain. Before Superman II, Jax Ur was essentially the main Phantom Zone villain, though Zod made recurring appearances during the Silver Age.

I actually wonder why they used Zod instead of Jax Ur.

I always figured Zod had the cooler name.

If you brought the script to an exec and said which was the more impressive name: Jax Ur or General Zod, you gotta imagine Zod won that one.

I really like both Zod's a lot. it a difficult choice. Shannon's seems more like a real person but Stamp is so fun to watch. I finally went with Shannon because he was in a better film IMO and his version got more development but it could nudge either way.

I also am surprised no Ras Al Ghul option

2nd best? Not everyone has the opinion Ledger's Joker is the best. Stamp's Zod, Nicholson's Joker, Pfieffer's Catwoman, and Devito's Penguin has always been my favorites.

2nd best? Not everyone has the opinion Ledger's Joker is the best. Stamp's Zod, Nicholson's Joker, Pfieffer's Catwoman, and Devito's Penguin has always been my favorites.

It makes for a more interesting poll if you take Ledger's Joker out of it, since he'd get an absurd amount of votes.

Definitely Bane. Tom Hardy gave that performance a lot of depth & put an enormous amount of work into it from the voice to his mannerisms & overall look. When I think of DC's best movie villains both Heath's Joker & Tom's Bane instantly come to mind.

Jack Nicholson's Joker and Terrence Stamp & Michael Shannon's Zod are favorites too, of course. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"