2nd Best DC Movie Villian

Nicholson's Joker is officially underrated.

"Love that Joker"

After that would be Stamp's Zod. Very iconic.

and then Nolan's Bane. Also iconic.

Shannon's Zod. I loved that take on him and I found him to be much more interesting/complex than Stamp's version. Tom Hardy's Bane was really good as well.

Nicholson, DeVito, and Pfeiffer give good performances. But major characterization/script-writing issues prevent me from putting the at the top.

Last edited:
There's a somewhat glaring omission on this poll (other than Two-Face). My second favorite DC movie villain is Ra's in Begins. My third favorite goes to Shannon's Zod.

Last edited:
Gotta go with Stamp's Zod, for reasons already stated.

No option for Ra's Al Ghul?

ZG05Ath.gif

This guy would have Shannon kneeling in 15 seconds.:woot:

Bane - The Dark Knight Rises.

How come Two-Face from TDK wasn't lined up? TDK Joker shouldn't be in the list.

Aaron Eckhart's Two-Face. That was exactly what I wanted out of the character. I thought he was brilliant.

I don't really consider TDK Two Face to be a "villain" per se, so I'd automatically exclude him from he list (even though Eckhart was fantastic in the role). The same is true for Hathaway's Catwoman.

ZG05Ath.gif

No, Shannon would have ripped his throat out in like two. Shannon doesn't eff around giving megalomaniacal speeches. He just kills you. :cwink:

I saw Hathaway's Catwoman as more of an antihero than a villain. She didn't even fight Batman in TDKR. She came off more as a sidekick/ally of Batman's for the most part. She should've been excluded from the poll. And replaced by Eckhart's Two-Face instead.

No, Shannon would have ripped his throat out in like two. Shannon doesn't eff around giving megalomaniacal speeches. He just kills you. :cwink:

And yet Jor-El, a scientist without any military training or experience, whupped Zod's butt mano-a-mano in MOS.

Last edited:
Well since Eckhart's Two Face or Liam's Ra's aren't on the list.. I'll go with Hardy's Bane

And yet Jor-El, a scientist without any military training or experience, whupped Zod's butt mano-a-mano in MOS.

Superman also beat/killed Zod in a fight. In Superman II, he was unable to do this and had to resort to cheap tricks that drained Zod of his power. And this was a Superman who was portrayed as more powerful and seasoned than the relatively green Superman in MoS.

I don't really consider TDK Two Face to be a "villain" per se, so I'd automatically exclude him from he list (even though Eckhart was fantastic in the role).

He murdered several people and tried to kill more, including a young boy. How is that not a villain?

Superman also beat/killed Zod in a fight. In Superman II, he was unable to do this and had to resort to cheap tricks that drained Zod of his power. And this was a Superman who was portrayed as more powerful and seasoned than the relatively green Superman in MoS.

Hey,that's because it was three against one!
He also had to protect Lois!
Mind over muscle.
MOS Superman couldn't come up with a better plan than turning Zod's head into a pinwheel.:o

For me, its a tie between Jack's Joker and Stamp's Zod.

I voted for Stamp, however, because he is literally the only reason that Zod has become an iconic villain. His version remains the definitive one.

ZG05Ath.gif

Stamp Zod: Took over the free world with only two superpowered henchmen and sent Reeve Superman, a guy who could turn back time, fleeing to the Fortress of Solitude. As Ramsus mentioned, the only way Reeve beat Stamp Zod was through "cheap tricks".

Shannon Zod: Is genetically engineered to be a soldier, and has a ship full of cronies at his side. He gets his butt whooped by a scientist, and later on his planned is ruined and his ship full of superpowered cronies get sent back to the Phantom Zone by a rookie Superman, some human soldiers, a human reporter, and a human scientist. Then rookie Superman breaks his neck.

Shannon Zod may seem more menacing, but thats only because he's in a more serious film.

Last edited:
Stamp Zod: Took over the free world with only two superpowered henchmen and sent Reeve Superman, a guy who could turn back time, fleeing to the Fortress of Solitude. As Ramsus mentioned, the only way Reeve beat Stamp Zod was through "cheap tricks".

Shannon Zod: Is genetically engineered to be a soldier, and has a ship full of cronies at his side. He gets his butt whooped by a scientist, and later on his planned is ruined and his ship full of superpowered cronies get sent back to the Phantom Zone by a rookie Superman, some human soldiers, a human reporter, and a human scientist. Then rookie Superman breaks his neck.

Shannon Zod may seem more menacing, but thats only because he's in a more serious film.

Seconded.

I generally found Stamp's Zod more sinister and sadistic. Who can forget the scene (I think it was in the Donner cut?) where he kills that little boy. Then Ursa's bad ass reaction;

Woman: "He was just a boy"
Ursa: *Smiling* "Who will never become a man"

Seconded.

I generally found Stamp's Zod more sinister and sadistic. Who can forget the scene (I think it was in the Donner cut?) where he kills that little boy. Then Ursa's bad ass reaction;

Woman: "He was just a boy"
Ursa: *Smiling* "Who will never become a man"

Stamp and co. did a really good job at elevating characters who were C listers at best.

I cant believe I forgot to include Two Face from the Dark Knight and Ra's Al Ghul from Batman Begins in the poll. If there is a way for a MOD to edit please feel free to include them. Sorry for the oversight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"