360 or a Wii?

as long as it's not a ps3, you're bound to win...

if you're buying at the right time, you could easily get both for an affordable price.

i'd get 360 now and wait a bit for the wii if you are thinking about cash

if you are thinking about impressing friends, then i would do it the other way so at least 360 games will be pretty cheap down the line.

I'm positive I'll get both sooner or later.

I think I'll get the 360 first. It just has more games I'm interested in. Games for the Wii, like Monkey Ball, Excite Truck, they don't interest me. And Red Steel looks like crap.

The Riddler said:
all the sports titles are superior on the 360 and a lot of the 3rd party games aren't there for the wii.

I love sports games on the Wii, Madden's funner, and just the little demo from wii sports makes me super excited about Super Swing Golf, and the other Sports games that will come out (except basketball seem like it wouldn't be good).

Damn you and your totally unhelpful one word respones :cmad:

360 is just a better choice, better selection of games. its a no brainer descision. trust me don't buy a wii now you'll regret it. i bought a gamecube like 2-3 years after it launched. although i had zelda,mario etc. i still regreted not buying a ps2, i was missing out on all that great games the damn thing had. just buy a wii later down the road. don't be fooled by some dinky controller. go for the machine that has the games you want to enjoy and experience the most. when your buying a console you look for the games it has, not a controller.

I'm selling my Wii, 360 all the way :up:

I want the 360, but with HD components it'll cost $400! :( I can't ask that of my loved ones at Christmas (b/c I'm not shelling out that much!).

And with the Wii only $250 it seems like a more charitable thing to ask for... I'm not a big gamer, but I don't want to waist someone else's money either!

What should I do then?

earn your own money and buy the stuff you want. and if you're not a big gamer then buy your wii. but you're going to be missing out i think.

GoldenAgeHero said:
earn your own money and buy the stuff you want. and if you're not a big gamer then buy your wii. but you're going to be missing out i think.

^ **Microsoft Spam**

Thanks I already do. But games arent high up on my personal wish list, so when others through it out there as a possible Christmas gift, I'm just wondering which one will be in everyone's best interest.

Prognosticator said:
^ **Microsoft Spam**

Thanks I already do. But games arent high up on my personal wish list, so when others through it out there as a possible Christmas gift, I'm just wondering which one will be in everyone's best interest.

:huh:

and if games are'nt up on your personal wish list why bother having other people spend money on buying you a console??

I love my wii. And I like my friend's 360. So its all good.

Hmm. Anyone who reads my posts knows that I'll recommend Wii over 360. But here's why:

1) It's affordable. More money can be spent on games and useful accessories. All online services are virtually free and more dynamic, practical, and fun. And although online gameplay won't come until 2007, Nintendo has a better library of multiplayer games in Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Battalion Wars, etc.

2) Better games. Nintendo, quite frankly, is better at making games than anyone else in the business. In fact, if you look at most reputable Top 10 lists, at least 6 out of the 10 are Nintendo games, with the three leading games being all Nintendo games. And as more third parties gravitate towards the Wii (as we're seeing now) because of its easier (and cheaper) development kit, climbing market share, and larger profit return, I think we'll see great third party games. Although I must confess, I've NEVER played a third party game as good as a first party Nintendo game. And I probably never will.

3) Better interface. The controller improves the way we play games and offers a degree of precision and control that is not found on traditional controllers. Reviewers, as a whole, are preferring the multi-platform games on the Wii. The controller also allows for infinitely more creative opportunity/potential than any other console in history. I think we're going to see some truly epic and innovative games coming our way.

And that's pretty much the gist.

TheGrayGhost said:
Reviewers, as a whole, are preferring the multi-platform games on the Wii.

Call of Duty 3 - WII

Avg Ratio: 75%
Also On: XBOX (90.0%) | PS2 (86.3%) | X360 (84.1%) | PS3 (81.2%) | WII (74.5%)

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - WII

Avg Ratio: 80%
Also On: PS2 (80.5%) | WII (79.8%)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent - WII

Avg Ratio: 61%
Also On: XBOX (88.2%) | X360 (84.7%) | PS2 (84.1%) | PC (84.1%) | WII (61.0%)

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - WII

Also On: PC (85.5%) | XBOX (84.8%) | PS3 (84.6%) | X360 (83.6%) | PS2 (83.6%) | PSP (82.4%) |WII (80.4%)

Need for Speed Carbon - WII

Avg Ratio: 71%
Also On: PS3 (78.6%) | X360 (77.8%) | PC (77.5%) | GC (75.9%) | PSP (75.4%) | XBOX (73.3%) | PS2 (72.7%) | WII (71.3%) |

Foot, meet TheGrayGhost. :up:

TheGrayGhost said:
Hmm. Anyone who reads my posts knows that I'll recommend Wii over 360. But here's why:

1) It's affordable. More money can be spent on games and useful accessories. All online services are virtually free and more dynamic, practical, and fun. And although online gameplay won't come until 2007, Nintendo has a better library of multiplayer games in Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Battalion Wars, etc.

2) Better games. Nintendo, quite frankly, is better at making games than anyone else in the business. In fact, if you look at most reputable Top 10 lists, at least 6 out of the 10 are Nintendo games, with the three leading games being all Nintendo games. And as more third parties gravitate towards the Wii (as we're seeing now) because of its easier (and cheaper) development kit, climbing market share, and larger profit return, I think we'll see great third party games. Although I must confess, I've NEVER played a third party game as good as a first party Nintendo game. And I probably never will.

no they are'nt. if they were then wheres devil may cray, final fantasy, halo? oh thats right they did'nt develop them. a majority of them handlheld and not from nintendo. i doubt you'll see them on the wii. 3rd parties are considering 360 for development.
last sentence speaks for itself.

3) Better interface. The controller improves the way we play games and offers a degree of precision and control that is not found on traditional controllers. Reviewers, as a whole, are preferring the multi-platform games on the Wii. The controller also allows for infinitely more creative opportunity/potential than any other console in history. I think we're going to see some truly epic and innovative games coming our way.

wow you're really sucking on nintendo's cock. there is'nt even a hint that nintendo is developing anything epic worthy. get your head out of the clouds and put on a oxygen mask. you're obviously in lala land.

And that's pretty much the gist.

riiiight. what nintendo did was make a console for its games. and decided not to make a console that all developers would want to develop on.

wow fenrir thats pretty sad to see SC so low, damn the wii must really suck for a game like that to get a 60 percent.

GoldenAgeHero said:
wow fenrir thats pretty sad to see SC so low, damn the wii must really suck for a game like that to get a 60 percent.

Yes, it's truly tragic to see even Xbox and PS2 ports of the same game getting higher ratings than the Wii version.

GoldenAgeHero said:
did they say whats was wrong with the wii version?

For games like NFS Carbon, Splinter Cell and Call of Duty, generally the primary complaints were tacked on controls and severely degraded visuals from their other next-gen counterparts.

Fenrir said:
For games like NFS Carbon, Splinter Cell and Call of Duty, generally the primary complaints were tacked on controls and severely degraded visuals from their other next-gen counterparts.

figures. thats why the wii ain't worth squat. i'll buy it when the price drops to 100 bucks.

Fenrir said:
Call of Duty 3 - WII

Avg Ratio: 75%
Also On: XBOX (90.0%) | PS2 (86.3%) | X360 (84.1%) | PS3 (81.2%) | WII (74.5%)

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - WII

Also On: PS2 (80.5%) | WII (79.8%)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent - WII

Avg Ratio: 61%
Also On: XBOX (88.2%) | X360 (84.7%) | PS2 (84.1%) | PC (84.1%) | WII (61.0%)

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - WII

Also On: PC (85.5%) | XBOX (84.8%) | PS3 (84.6%) | X360 (83.6%) | PS2 (83.6%) | PSP (82.4%) |WII (80.4%)

Need for Speed Carbon - WII

Avg Ratio: 71%
Also On: PS3 (78.6%) | X360 (77.8%) | PC (77.5%) | GC (75.9%) | PSP (75.4%) | XBOX (73.3%) | PS2 (72.7%) | WII (71.3%) |

Foot, meet TheGrayGhost. :up:

Other than CoD3, those games suck. And I wouldn't even go by GameRankings' scores. They just take reviews from everything and average it. Half the time they take reviews from sources you've never heard of or just flat out suck.

Spidey-Bat said:
Other than CoD3, those games suck. And I wouldn't even go by GameRankings' scores. They just take reviews from everything and average it. Half the time they take reviews from sources you've never heard of or just flat out suck.

Yeah but once you go the page where they list all the reviews from the different magazines websites they have links directly to the review. Its a good organzied way of presenting the reviews of all the major sites because they all grade differently, be it out of 5 stars or 10 stars or percentage. Its a good way to represent all of it.

GoldenAgenHero said:
they are'nt. if they were then wheres devil may cray, final fantasy, halo?

Those are games that you might find appealing, but hard for me to take seriously. I respect that you enjoy them, but I'm sure you can understand that I find it ridiculous that the Xbox brand's premier title is a boring, linear FPS with more emphasis on multiplayer than single-player AND has been outranked as an FPS by both Metroid Prime and Goldeneye, both Nintendo titles. Meanwhile, The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario, Nintendo's two premier franchises, have graced gamers with several games that have been recognized as the best of all time, each installment carrying on a tradition of excellence. I don't even think it's disputable: Nintendo's best wipes the floor with what any other developer has to offer.

I admit that I haven't played a Final Fantasy game in a long time, but it is my understanding that they've ****ed out the series, each installment losing what made the series great in previous games. And I've never played DMC, so I really can't comment much.

oh thats right they did'nt develop them. a majority of them handlheld and not from nintendo. i doubt you'll see them on the wii. 3rd parties are considering 360 for development.

Even if that were true (which it may be), you have to admit that it costs much more to produce a game for the 360, thereby lessening profit return for the developers. Cheaper development on the Wii could be a serious incentive.

last sentence speaks for itself.

Yeah, pretty much. Which is why owning a 360 or a PS3 is even more of a gamble for me... I don't know if these third parties will be able to acheive the level of excellence I've come to expect from Nintendo. I'm not saying it's completely out of the realm of possibility, but I think it'd be pretty hard for a third party developer. Lately, I've been trying to reach out and broaden my horizons, but my latest third party outings (Gears of War, Red Steel, COD3 360, Sonic, Halo 2) were, overall, pretty mediocre for me.

wow you're really sucking on nintendo's cock. there is'nt even a hint that nintendo is developing anything epic worthy. get your head out of the clouds and put on a oxygen mask. you're obviously in lala land.

Yes, Nintendo tends to be hush hush about their upcoming games, but from what I've been reading about Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3, I think Wii will be home to many games that will become cherished classics. TP is already such a game. I don't think Gears of War or even Halo 3 will/can have claim to that. Which isn't necessarily bad, but if the best Xbox 360 can do is GoW and Halo 3 type games, I'd rather not be a part of it. But that's just me, obviously.

Tying this with the original post, I think it really depends on your taste in video games. I like my Shigeru Miyamoto masterpieces.

Kalit said:
I love sports games on the Wii, Madden's funner, and just the little demo from wii sports makes me super excited about Super Swing Golf, and the other Sports games that will come out (except basketball seem like it wouldn't be good).
yeah, but the visuals are a huge part of the next gen nba games and i like the way sports titles are played already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"