Transformers 40"Optimus Prime Display

IronManSculptor

Civilian
Reaction score
Well, after 2 years of legal crapola, licensing issues and production concerns, I have been given the green light to finally make this bad boy - With a few conditions being that Sideshow currently has the Collectible License from Hasbro and the last thing I want to do is step on the toes that lead to the ass I am kissing right now with my NFL players series of sculpts...

In any event...

I can't make the Prime transformable, that is actually owned by Takara and I would have to go through them. Well needless to say I have contacted them with nothing in the reply box just yet...

The other big issue was the size: a 50" Prime would be way too heavy to ship to conventions and suppliers - and fans of the character. So, it's now going to be a 36" statue with poseable upper torso and limited posability in the legs - I don't know, this is what I was told I could do.

The figure its self will be 36-38" tall, and feature lights, sounds, illuminated Energon swords and guns to be swapped out with the hands, removable face plate and will stand on a 4-6" high rotating illuminated base.

The figure will me made of Resins and low-temp-melt metals like pewter and brass, will feature chromed pieces and brushed aluminum accents, etc. The wires will be actual wiring, and if my tech can hide them, automated servos with a push button activator to move the arms and torso a bit, much like the Ultimate Bumble Bee.

Any how, here is the Foam Mock up of the Torso that I am hoping to have finished in time for Bot Con in Orlando...
PICT0272.jpg

PICT0274.jpg

PICT0276.jpg

Quick shot of Primes' nose / face layout... This will be interchangeable with a "guarded" face plate.
Sorry for the crappy phone pic.. I need a card reader for my computer to get the pics off the camera - So it's the phone for now.
PrimeNose.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"