• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

4K support

Dugath

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Xbox One is future proofed for 4K?

Meaning will it be able to pass through a 4K signal from the TV receiver or play 4K Netflix titles from the Xbox One (not to mention 4K blu-rays played from the xbox).

Just curious as I do have a 4K TV being delivered this week.(keeping the fact that it is a Sony hidden from the Xbox..) :cwink:

I was wondering if the Xbox One is future proofed for 4K?

Meaning will it be able to pass through a 4K signal from the TV receiver or play 4K Netflix titles from the Xbox One (not to mention 4K blu-rays played from the xbox).

Just curious as I do have a 4K TV being delivered this week.(keeping the fact that it is a Sony hidden from the Xbox..) :cwink:
wikipedia does say that 4K is the highest resolution the xbone can output

4K Video probably, but definitely not 4K Games. It can barely handle 900p.

I think video will be possible with an update in future. As Midnyte said though regular games at 4K will be impossible with what's under the hood.

Well OP specifically referenced watching Netflix videos, so I don't think he's super concerned about 4K games

Ya, I was mostly wondering about passing through the 4K signal from my cable box (when it does get 4K channels) and the use of Netflix from the Xbox.

Sure I suppose I could always watch netflix using the TV app.

And I suppose I could just by pass the Xbox when it comes to watching tv.

I know games for this Gen box will never come in 4K

if anything I feel like it could receive an update to do it. last gen consoles got 3D updates so this should be similar.

Let me know once you actually find 4k video with half-decent bitrates for consumer use ;)

This will hopefully be possible on the Scorpio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"