Lower Decks 4x09 "Inner Fight"

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score
F9IWFaeWIAAxYpo

F9IWFq_WUAAylP5

Umm, yeah, not even a title, let alone a synopsis for this episode. So, uhhh, looks like we got to save some outpost scientists?

Some interesting continuity nods to Picard in this one.

Oh damn. Damn. Its definitely the Mariner episode people have wanted. Did not expect the connection of Lower Decks to the actual TNG episode "Lower Decks". Probably should have.

Oh damn. Damn. Its definitely the Mariner episode people have wanted. Did not expect the connection of Lower Decks to the actual TNG episode "Lower Decks". Probably should have.
Wow, I know we all assumed Beckett was older than the others given her history, but she was one old ensign if she was at the academy with Sito and Locarno.

I guess it actually kinda works with the live-action crossover since Newsome is a decade older than Quaid in real life.

Wow, I know we all assumed Beckett was older than the others given her history, but she was one old ensign if she was at the academy with Sito and Locarno.

I guess it actually kinda works with the live-action crossover since Newsome is a decade older than Quaid in real life.

See, based on the relationship with Riker that Mariner and her mom had, I had assumed she was raised on the Enterprise as a kid. And that she was younger than Wesley. Which this puts it directly as she was in the Academy a year behind him. Which should put her around in her early 30s in the show.

Man, Tawny Newsome did such an amazing job with the big scene. Gotta love it when a comedy cartoon makes you feel emotional. I'm glad I was aware of the two TNG episodes that are referneced, so I was able to get more of the impact. I plan on rewatching them because of this episode.

The show has been on a roll with alien creatures that will absolutely kill you in horrifying ways.

I kind of liked that they pretty much confirmed Picard was canon, with the references to how Seven and Beverly were out of Starfleet already. Which makes me curious to see how they handle Mars if the show keeps going.

Also, if there is not a Tom Paris/Nick Locarno look alike joke next episode, I am going to riot.

Also, time to rejoice. For this man is confirmed to live.

See, based on the relationship with Riker that Mariner and her mom had, I had assumed she was raised on the Enterprise as a kid. And that she was younger than Wesley. Which this puts it directly as she was in the Academy a year behind him. Which should put her around in her early 30s in the show.

Man, Tawny Newsome did such an amazing job with the big scene. Gotta love it when a comedy cartoon makes you feel emotional. I'm glad I was aware of the two TNG episodes that are referneced, so I was able to get more of the impact. I plan on rewatching them because of this episode.

The show has been on a roll with alien creatures that will absolutely kill you in horrifying ways.

I kind of liked that they pretty much confirmed Picard was canon, with the references to how Seven and Beverly were out of Starfleet already. Which makes me curious to see how they handle Mars if the show keeps going.

Also, if there is not a Tom Paris/Nick Locarno look alike joke next episode, I am going to riot.

Also, time to rejoice. For this man is confirmed to live.

Mariner growing up on the Enterprise makes sense with the Riker background. With her being a year behind Wesley at the academy, that would put her as having attended the academy from 2268-2272. So if she started the Academy at age 18, that puts her at 31-2ish in Lower Decks Season 4, which I am shocked is still technically 2381. I miss the old days of each season being a year (easier to keep track of).

But yeah, being an Ensign 9 years in, I guess she finally surpassed Poor Harry Kim's record. :funny:

Mariner growing up on the Enterprise makes sense with the Riker background. With her being a year behind Wesley at the academy, that would put her as having attended the academy from 2268-2272. So if she started the Academy at age 18, that puts her at 31-2ish in Lower Decks Season 4, which I am shocked is still technically 2381. I miss the old days of each season being a year (easier to keep track of).

But yeah, being an Ensign 9 years in, I guess she finally surpassed Poor Harry Kim's record. :funny:

Having watched the 2 episodes again, and a little digging into the dates, Mariner may have graduated in either 70 or 71. Sito was on the Enterprise for 7 months after she graduated, so either 2370 or 69 graduation. Still puts her younger, because Wesley had issues of actually getting into the Academy till 67, and then with the year held back, he wasn't going to graduate till 72. 2370 feels right for Mariner, because it feels like she was at DS9 pre-war.

Got Trek nerdery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"