8.15 - Infamous - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

If he doesn't want it falling into the wrong hands, hide it better. Or hell, wear the damn thing.

Last week with Lois was just the most recent example. I really think he's afraid of women(who aren't Lana). You saw that a chick had to use red Kryptonite on him so he'd show the slightest bit of interest a few seasons ago lol :whatever:

Having a time travel ring is too easy a cop out, not only for the writers but for the characters as well.

Everything that this season is building up to, could likely be reversed with that ring.

Good idea he got rid of it imo.

Totally agree that going backwards would make the season boring, but I'd have loved to see Clark to forward and meet up w/ the Legion. If only for a little while :D

If I had a time traveling ring...I wouldn't get rid of it.

Just cause, I think it'd be awesome.

This was an interesting episode, which as former episodes, showed us Clark's relationships with those around him.

It in many ways was a Lois vs. Chloe test.

The acting was all over the place, was a strange, campy and vampy Tori Spelling, bland acting by Welling and Durance, and some great stuff from Mack and Witwer. Mack and Witwer, in their scenes with each other, and with the other cast, really were outstanding.

Durance seems to playing her scenes with Welling's Clark as if Lois is totally in love with Clark, while by choice or not, Welling seems to be playing his as if he is constantly looking at his watch, waiting for the scene to be over. I don't know if this is by the director's instructions or not.

It doesn't help that, as has been discussed at many media outlets', Durance and Welling just don't have any on screen chemistry, and it really does slow down any and all pacing with their scenes, making them too long, and grating. Durance does/did have chemistry with Green Arrow dude, but they don't seem to be together any more. Durance's poor acting choices throughout the episode didn't help either. She can be an ok actress at best, but this episode did not show any of it.

Welling with Mack was better, and their chemistry was as usual, of the charts, as was Mack's and Witwers. The season is so much better with the whole storyline involving Mack, Welling and Witwer, that was originally planned with Durance in the Mack role.

In the comparison between Lois and Chloe, well, the story opens with a selfish and self-centered Lois, and just continues on through. Lois, either wait inside and don't get wet, or call a cab, it is not difficult.

Clark's secret and Lois being surprised she wasn't the first to know, really dear, are you that stupid, really. Lois believed she was entitled to know the secret, and that really is her worst trait, a huge sense of entitlement, in eveythihg that really hurts the character.

We saw Lois badly throughout, especially in the "special" dialogue and scene. She felt entitled to know, and was trying to guilt Clark in to telling her after the time change.

Chloe on the other hand worried about Clark, and his safety. She endangered herselft tryingn to destroy any evidence and info about Clark she could. Quite Courageous.

The scene with Clark and Chloe in the end, in which she couldn't or wouldn't say goodbye, and Clark saying after everything that he would find her, were romantic and heroic. They have a bond unlike all others on this show, and it has worked for 8 seasons. Quite nice.

So we have selfish and self-centered Lois, and a Chloe who is self-aware and thinking of others. We have a stupid Lois, outsmarted and outplayed by Linda Lake vs a smart and resilient Chloe who has outsmarted and outplayed Linda in the past.

The last scene where Clark does find and regroup with Chloe is so different with him not doing anything with Lois, is also telling. Lois he stood you up, he just isn't that into you.

The ratings finals from Nielson's are out, the show did 3.56 million, not that well. Most Lois/Erica episodes don't, it wasn't a suprise.

No wonder Allison Mack is the show lead actress. We saw it all over the screen in this ep.

Wow.

:eek:

LOL!

I am almost finished with my review and wanted to come in here and see what people were talking about and...

Again...

Just wow.

:D

I completely disagree with the very premise of this post. I LOVED Lois in this episode, she was the perfect Lois and Clark was Superman.

:heart: :super:

I hope to have my review finished later today and hopefully Craig will put it up tomorrow...

I'm already halfway through on Turbulence, I want to get that episode out of my head right quick...

:eek:

Chloe is a drag on the show and her IQ has dropped 100+points. Time to kill her off for good :cool:

Chloe is a drag on the show and her IQ has dropped 100+points. Time to kill her off for good :cool:

I wouldn't mind it now, in fact I think it would be better for the show at this point, and I'm not sure I'd really felt that way before this whole Chloe-Davis-Jimmy love-triangle/character arc started this season...

:(

Last edited:
cant wait to see your reviews trip. As for chloe i still do love her character alot. i agree there has been a few things they should have done with the chater in the last 2seasons but she does still serve an importance to the show.

I had to give Jimmy a round of applause for saying what he said to her last week though :D

I completely disagree with the very premise of this post. I LOVED Lois in this episode, she was the perfect Lois and Clark was Superman.

I liked Lois in Infamous, problem is I can't say the same for Clark(I felt he was poorly written) :p

I'm already halfway through on Turbulence, I want to get that episode out of my head right quick...

I actually didn't mind Turbulence and enjoyed it more then Infamous. Personally I think AU episodes are a cheap plot device

I liked Lois in Infamous, problem is I can't say the same for Clark(I felt he was poorly written) :p

No?

Why not?

:confused:

I loved Clark in Infamous... he was very Supermanly. He was determined to do the right thing and bullheaded about it even when he wasn't quite right, very like superman.

I loved that bit when he turned away from Chloe and walked out into the flashing lightbulbs to face the public to try and set the record straight.

:up: :super:

I also loved the low camera angle used there and later in the barn...

:up:

I love when Glen directs, Tom always looks so good.

I actually didn't mind Turbulence and enjoyed it more then Infamous. Personally I think AU episodes are a cheap plot device

I like AU stories, if only that it reveals character in a different way than a normal episode would.

I liked seeing the contrast between Linda's reaction to Clark (wanting to exploit him for her own uses) compared to Lois' (the awe and affection she had for him).

Having a time travel ring is too easy a cop out, not only for the writers but for the characters as well.

Everything that this season is building up to, could likely be reversed with that ring.

Good idea he got rid of it imo.

It's ok to have as long as the show sticks with the consequences of using it and those consequences keep the characters from using it as a crutch.

Clark's done it twice now and both times the universe has made a balance. First he did it to save Lana and it resulted in Pa Kent dyeing.

This time even though he didn't know it it resulted in saving Chloe but Linda Lake dying instead.

The consequences were consistent so that was good. And at least Clark wasn't going back with the intent to save someone. He learned that lesson. It makes sense that he would think it ok as long as he wasn't using it to change life/death.

The problem I had with it in this episode is that it was presented as a solution too soon. Clark should have been trying other things more. He should have let Lois try and clear his name. he should have given it more time before realizing there was no other choice.

Doug

It's ok to have as long as the show sticks with the consequences of using it and those consequences keep the characters from using it as a crutch.

Clark's done it twice now and both times the universe has made a balance. First he did it to save Lana and it resulted in Pa Kent dyeing.

This time even though he didn't know it it resulted in saving Chloe but Linda Lake dying instead.

The consequences were consistent so that was good. And at least Clark wasn't going back with the intent to save someone. He learned that lesson. It makes sense that he would think it ok as long as he wasn't using it to change life/death.

The problem I had with it in this episode is that it was presented as a solution too soon. Clark should have been trying other things more. He should have let Lois try and clear his name. he should have given it more time before realizing there was no other choice.

Doug

The thing is though, there wasn't time for him to really try more... He tried to talk to the press, he tried to talk to the milary/government, but he saw that wasn't going to work...

He had an out and used it, and if gets him to get rid of it too, even better. I'm glad the ring's gone and was used well.

No?

Why not?

:confused:

I loved Clark in Infamous... he was very Supermanly. He was determined to do the right thing and bullheaded about it even when he wasn't quite right, very like superman.

I loved that bit when he turned away from Chloe and walked out into the flashing lightbulbs to face the public to try and set the record straight.

:up: :super:

I also loved the low camera angle used there and later in the barn...

I love when Glen directs, Tom always looks so good.

I like AU stories, if only that it reveals character in a different way than a normal episode would.

I liked seeing the contrast between Linda's reaction to Clark (wanting to exploit him for her own uses) compared to Lois' (the awe and affection she had for him).

Couldn't agree more, triplet! "Infamous" was more essential to Clark's development than an episode like "Apocalypse" if you want to compare episodes. I think some people are missing the point of "Infamous". It's not some any old re-do episode, it's about showing how Clark's presence will affect society when he becomes Superman by showing the positive and the negative. I also thought Clark handled himself well, he didn't just give up like many are saying. He was ready to set the story straight with the media and the government but they just shot at him before he could even explain more about the situation. Even if Clark tried other ways to make people realize he was truly good, they would just attack him or try to find he's weakness, he had no choice but to re-do the events as Linda turned everything around on him. Clark realized at the end of the episode that the dual identity is important and that time-traveling is dangerous (thus destorying the ring) which is character development. When you look at it, the Clark we saw in "Turbulence" would never have been if it wasn't for what he went through in "Infamous".

I turned in my review, finally.

I really liked the episode, so hopefully you guys can read my review when it's up later.

I gave it a 4.5, not perfect, but pretty close...

Not sure yet what I'm going to give Turbulence, but not that. Definitely not that.

:mad:

Last edited:
sounds good trip cant wait to read it once craig posts it.

The thing is though, there wasn't time for him to really try more... He tried to talk to the press, he tried to talk to the milary/government, but he saw that wasn't going to work...

He had an out and used it, and if gets him to get rid of it too, even better. I'm glad the ring's gone and was used well.

OH don't get me wrong. I don't think Clark was wrong to do it. I just thought with his bad experences with Time travel he jumped to that solution too soon. IMHO.

He hadn't even tried letting Lois off the leash yet so to speak to see what she could do. Sure the Goverment was after her too but we all know that wouldn't stop Lois from getting a story out someway.

I turned in my review, finally.

I really liked the episode, so hopefully you guys can read my review when it's up later.

I gave it a 4.5, not perfect, but pretty close...

Not sure yet what I'm going to give Turbulence, but not that. Definitely not that.

:mad:

Funny thing is I am a Lois fan and I actually perfered Turbulence to Infamous. I thought Clark came off looking stupid in Infamous in more ways then one(Chloe lecturing him like he was 15 and being right, not being able to verbalize his feelings, being hung up about a stupid cup of coffee). I also find AU to be a cheap plot device to try tell a story.

I might be more forgiving of Infamous after I see how the rest of the Lois episodes play out this season(and possibly next) but my biggest fear of them bringing the angsty storylines of Clark being all depressed should he or shouldn't he tell Lois his secret came to fruitition in Infamous. I always been a fan of Lois & Clark centered episodes up to this point because for the most part Clark doesn't come of whiney and mopey and usually is proactive in beating whoever the bad guy happens to be that episode(which is probably why I have higher reguard for episodes like Lucy or Krypto that alot of people might look as useless filler)

Last edited:
I loved this episode, one of the best in my opinion and there was moments where Tom actually reminded me of Christopher Reeve, like in the scene in the Planet with Lois where he tells her his powers. Again, he just IS Superman.

Really good review Triplet, I enjoyed reading it. Im glad you liked the episode, its my favorite of the season so far. I hope your review for Turbulence is coming along ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"