80's R rated Action Movie Shootout - Nominations

Finally made my three picks.

Die Hard

The most influential action movie of all time, perfectly paced bursts of iventive action, a great script, a simple but smart plot and the introduction to an iconic hero in John McClane who is matches wits with a classic villain in Hans Gruber.

Lethal Weapon
The quintessential buddy cop movie, Riggs is as raw and on the edge action hero as you'll find, and the dynamic with him and Glover drives a tense action thriller with some ballistic set-pieces and a moody score.

First Blood
John Rambo is forced into a showdown with a small town police force that becomes a manhunt for the Vietnam veteran whose skills far surpass the men hunting him. This is the Rambo film before he became the ultimate one man army and while it certainly has a strong performance and poignant story, it doesn't skimp on some top action sequences as Rambo evades capture.

The Quarter Finals are set, first poll up tomorrow. :)

Die Hard vs Lethal Weapon

Robocop vs The Terminator

Aliens vs Predator

Commando vs First Blood Part II

Aliens vs Predator

Was this names out of a hat job or paired as 'likey's' as such, cos, lets be honest, we've all been waiting for Robocop v Terminator for years.... :up:

Was this names out of a hat job or paired as 'likey's' as such, cos, lets be honest, we've all been waiting for Robocop v Terminator for years.... :up:
They've definitely been paired up. All the matches go together really well.

Aliens vs Predator

Awesome matches! I've already decided my vote for 3 of them, even though they're all close. No idea how to choose for the other one.

The latter, I paired up the movies that seemed like natural competitors on at least some level. :D

I thought so, there was way to much 8-ball magic s**t going on otherwise.... :funny:

Yeah, I figured I'd be direct with the pairings unlike UEFA. :D Plus I think the discussion will be better if the films have some comparison points. The first poll is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"