• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

A Fathom Movie

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
Who do you think would be a good choice. I heard awhile back that James Cameron would direct. And that one of his possible picks would be Jessica Alba. Cause he said before in a interview that he would like to work on one more project with her. She has also said the samw about him.

I really don't know much about the character except she has purple hair and comes from the water.

So who would everyone's choice be?

Can someone can post pictures of Fathom so that people get a ideal of what she looks like?

I don't really know much about Fathom either, but I think she's from a race of underwater people... a race that happens to be much cooler looking than DC or Marvel's Atlantians...

I also agree that James Cameron and Jessica Alba would make the movie own. Dear goodness, yes.

GL1 said:
I don't really know much about Fathom either, but I think she's from a race of underwater people... a race that happens to be much cooler looking than DC or Marvel's Atlantians...

I also agree that James Cameron and Jessica Alba would make the movie own. Dear goodness, yes.
Yeah iknew that much.

i found a few pictures of the character i'll post them in here. And i'm glad other person thinks this movie would rule.

any comic movie that's all about water directed by jim cameron would rule. those are the two things he loves most.

Some pictures of Fathom. I'm gonna make a few post of pics.

2r767ty.jpg

34h8m8o.jpg

29f6ljt.jpg

Yes she is gorgeous but i think people who would want someone with some acting experiece. but shes a good pick though none the less.

ALBA KEEN TO WORK WITH CAMERON ON FATHOM

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/alba keen to work with cameron on fathom

Sexy JESSICA ALBA is hoping to reunite with the movie mogul who gave her her big break in TV show DARK ANGEL - when she plays a scuba-diving heroine in JAMES CAMERON's new movie.

The pair have been keen to work together again ever since Cameron helped turn Alba into a star, and now she's convinced he has found the perfect part for her.

She tells movie website IGNFILMFORCE.COM that Cameron has always been keen for her to headline an underwater adventure called FATHOM.

She says, "Jim Cameron has been kind of talking about maybe doing a comic book that involves scuba diving, it's sort of like this girl underwater, and I have been talking about doing something like that.

"It was just something that he sort of liked. We talk about a lot of things. I just thought that, I didn't scuba dive for seven years and I should brush up on it."

Fathom, which is based on a TOP COW comic, was first announced in 2002. It had been previously set up as an animated film.

The TITANIC director, a keen diver, has pioneered underwater filming techniques thanks to his interest in touring the wreck of the Titanic.

22/03/2005 22:06

I'd rather not have Jessica Alba play Aspen Matthews. Give a lesser known actress a chance to tackle this part. Maybe a Hawaiian....like Kelly Hu.

CHICAGO DAY 2: TURNER AND ASPEN CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=2686

Turner was also asked about the status of the "Fantom" movie. The comic creator said he was, "really, really excited about it and optimistic."

The live-action movie is set up with James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment at Twentieth Century Fox. Linda Wolverton is on the second draft of the script for the film. Turner said he has had some level of input on the development effort.

"They definitely want me involved," Turner said.
Although the project is still in the early stages, the Aspen guys said that if they were casting the movie they'd like to see Denise Richards ("Undercover Brother") or Jessica Alba ("Dark Angel") playing the lead.

MOIDANGEREUX said:
CHICAGO DAY 2: TURNER AND ASPEN CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=2686

Turner was also asked about the status of the "Fantom" movie. The comic creator said he was, "really, really excited about it and optimistic."

The live-action movie is set up with James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment at Twentieth Century Fox. Linda Wolverton is on the second draft of the script for the film. Turner said he has had some level of input on the development effort.

"They definitely want me involved," Turner said.
Although the project is still in the early stages, the Aspen guys said that if they were casting the movie they'd like to see Denise Richards ("Undercover Brother") or Jessica Alba ("Dark Angel") playing the lead.
Thanks for posting that's nice to know. I could easly see Jessica in the role. The movie might not come out to 2008-2009 with her work schedule that's the only problem. But i'm cool with that.

And your name, of course. :D

DUH! She's flippin hot, I want to bang her definitely. :cool:

any movie involving Jessica Alba and water is a must see on my list. I tried reading the Fathom book when Aspen first opened, art is out of this world but just wasn't digging the story enough to keep up with it. Be interesting to see what they do with it.

The ?uestion said:
And your name, of course. :D

DUH! She's flippin hot, I want to bang her definitely. :cool:

LOL, but let's try to show a little respect for her okay.

ampersand said:
Fathom and Michael Turner suck:down:
I used to be a fan, some years ago, before I was really into comicbooks and had ANY idea of what makes a truly GREAT comic. But looking back... god, yes it really does suck.

Fathom :

interesting lead character : Nope
interesting villain : Kinda
interesting supporting characters : Nope
interesting / intelligent plot : Nope
interesting universe : Sorta
boobies to oogle : Loads

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics