The Flash A Flash From The Past - The John Wesley Shipp Thread

Wonder if Shipp's role might be teased in the trailer for the pilot, whenever that hits.

I think he is either Barry's dad or Barry from the future. GG could even pass for a much younger JWS.

It would be awesome if JWS was Jay Garrick. Gustin's Barry
could use a mentor.
It would be a great shout-out to JWS's work on the 1990 series.

Yup, very much hoping for JWS as Jay Garrick.

It would be awesome if JWS was Jay Garrick. Gustin's Barry
could use a mentor.
It would be a great shout-out to JWS's work on the 1990 series.

Yup, very much hoping for JWS as Jay Garrick.

If he is Barry from the future, he can be his own mentor.

He is Barry's dad, Jay Garrick or future Barry i think. So cool that he is in this :D

Jay Garrick is the only possibility that would justify the level of secrecy they've placed on his character. Playing coy about him just playing Barry's dad would be lame and Future Barry is... a bit much.

I'd support Jay Garrick as an option. No absolute need for him to be a WWII - generation guy. He can be a latter-day baby boomer in his 50s.

I don't care who he is... He is the main draw to the show for me. friggin LOVED his flash. I still do!

Has anyone rewatched the 90s show recently? Its pretty awesome. My favorite live action superhero TV show.

In the 5+ min trailer they just released we get 2 tiny glimpses of Barry's father in the scene with his mother and the yellow blur (LOVE that they appear to be going all out with that story, and can't wait to see where they go with it.)

Once in a picture of the family on a side table, and once with him standing with Barry watching what's happening.

Neither one is perfectly clear, and they both go by very quickly, but it looks a LOT like JWS is playing his father.

Regarding secrecy around his role, if he's playing his father, and Barry's ongoing personal mission, above and beyond the crime fighting, is finding his mother's true killer, and clearing his father's name, then that would mean that JWS's role is going to be significant in the long run.

I don't care who he is... He is the main draw to the show for me. friggin LOVED his flash. I still do!

Has anyone rewatched the 90s show recently? Its pretty awesome. My favorite live action superhero TV show.

barrysdad.jpg

I paused the trailer and am pretty sure Shipp is Barry's dad. The picture is blurry, but I can see his face well enough to recognize it. I think this is the way to go anyway.

Well then they should have ****ing said that, instead of wasting our time making us believe it could be someone important like Jay Garrick. :cmad:

kqzqmx.png

Having John Wesley Shipp in the show is a passing of the Flash torch from he to Grant Gustin in the same way as Annette O' Toole passing the Lana Lang torch to Kristin Kreuk in Smallville.

:up:

I agree, definitely the best to date.

I love how tv sites thought it was newsworthy to reveal something that anyone who had watched the trailer already knew.

I think last night's episode really showed how good the writers are with Barry and the moments with his dad. You have to give credit to John Wesley Shipp for his acting ability and really show how much Henry loves Barry. It's those fatherly moments that are my favorite in the series.

Just hearing Shipp say the words "The Flash".....man,I was 13 years old again.

It'd be cool if they ever do Flashpoint-esque storyline where Henry is the Flash instead of Barry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"