• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A lonely cosmonaut wakes up in outer space without any idea how he got there.

Polaris23

Sidekick
Reaction score
Greetings, Hypesters.
I noticed the Fan Art thread is quickly dying (2 pages?) and my old thread 'dreamy surrealism from outer space' vanished.
So I thought I'd start a new thread featuring new work + a new series I've started a couple of weeks ago. I'll be showing these in Santa Monica, CA next month.

You can catch me
and more of my work
on Facebook: www.facebook.com/makeLovetomeinSpace

or my website: www.PolarisCastillo.com

9039303_orig.jpg

6100217_orig.jpg

1788437_orig.jpg

7785499_orig.jpg

9919205_orig.jpg

5286456_orig.jpg

Last edited:
♥ thanks! check out the site for more!

Polaris, your creation is magnificent. The whole idea and the renditions. It goes so beyond drawing skills.

Maybe he's Major Tom?

Polaris, your creation is magnificent. The whole idea and the renditions. It goes so beyond drawing skills.

Maybe he's Major Tom?
Yeah, Space Oddity instantly popped up in my head when watching these pictures. It's a great song, and so are your work, Polaris.

Really original and creative. Looking forward to more.

Holding these series all month at Flying Saucers Caffeine & Art in Santa Monica, CA.
If any of you guys are in the area you're more than welcome to come to the opening reception this Saturday evening :)
560570_3602771955126_1448414657_3330639_762528531_n.jpg

Flying Saucers Café really sounds like the right place for your art, Polaris.

I'd love to see your exhibition, but unfortunately it's a bit too far from northern Sweden for me to visit it. Well, for this moment that is. :cwink:

Flying Saucers Café really sounds like the right place for your art, Polaris.

I'd love to see your exhibition, but unfortunately it's a bit too far from northern Sweden for me to visit it. Well, for this moment that is. :cwink:

We do have teleportation jump points, give me yer coordinates & I'll transfer ya!

i think the images are quite well done, but more often than not i feel the text is unnecessary. let the art speak for itself without spelling it out for people. just my opinion though.

Hey man just checked out your site. Lots of very good stuff. Very inspiring. Kudos.

These are great. Love the simplicity, the colors, the concepts. And astronaut suits are always interesting to look at for me.

It's funny you mention the suits, I always try to do something new with them in each piece without straying too far. But there is no 'set' suit design so I just wing it on the spot every time :)

You got this Cosmonaut stuff in print?
Cuz I will throw money at you.

I need a postcard book of these- so awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"