A Look Back At The `00s!

I love the fact that superhero movies went from a rare occurance to this mega-billion dollar genre we have now thanks to hits like TDK, Spider-man, Iron Man, etc. in this decade. Hopefully this genre will get even better in the next decade.

I love the fact that superhero movies went from a rare occurance to this mega-billion dollar genre we have now thanks to hits like TDK, Spider-man, Iron Man, etc. in this decade. Hopefully this genre will get even better in the next decade.

The genre will die in the `10s. Audiences will move on to something else. Like action movies in the `80s. And traditional animated Disney movies in the `90s.

The genre will die in the `10s. Audiences will move on to something else. Like action movies in the `80s. And traditional animated Disney movies in the `90s.

Naa we need to get back to 90's action, bring back Steven Segal and Van Damme!

The Expendables. Opens in the summer. Stallone. Lundgren. Rourke. Cameos by Schwarzenegger and Willis.

:up:

I cant wait to see it, hope this brings a resurgence of awesome 90's asskicking!

Alright. Looking back at the past 10 years, I can honestly say that I am so freakin' glad that this decade is almost over. In general, I thought this was such a bad decade. Here's what I'll remember (in no particular order):

*January 1, 2000 - the day people realized that they crapped their pants over nothing about the Y2K
*September 11th, 2001 - I remember that day so clearly like it was yesterday
*War in Iraq
*2004 tsunamis
*Columbia Space Shuttle disaster
*Hurricane Katrina
*Election and re-election of George W. Bush
*Election and inauguration of Barack Obama
*Economic crisis of 2008
*2003 blackout in the northeastern US
*Pope John Paul's death
*Michael Jackson's death
*Heath Ledger's death
*Ronald Reagan's death
*Aaliyah's death

Come to think of it, a lot of people that I liked died this decade... Let's see. Music-wise, this decade was crap, especially in the 2nd half of it. If I could give it a grade, it'd be a D, and I'm being generous. I enjoyed the movies in this decade more than the music. This decade, despite the remakes and some sequels, did give us some pretty memorable films.

First of all, you look through any decade in history, there will always be recorded tragedies and events that affected society in a negative way. You can't label a decade or year for that matter as "terrible" or "bad". Decades like the 90s and 50s, which most people associate with them being the "better years", are just a case of the grass being greener.

First of all, you look through any decade in history, there will always be recorded tragedies and events that affected society in a negative way. You can't label a decade or year for that matter as "terrible" or "bad". Decades like the 90s and 50s, which most people associate with them being the "better years", are just a case of the grass being greener.
I agree. All decades have their ups and downs. I can't recall a decade where everything was fine and dandy. There will always be bad times coupled with good times. I guess it's just the way the world works. We can have it good all the time.

I agree. All decades have their ups and downs. I can't recall a decade where everything was fine and dandy. There will always be bad times coupled with good times. I guess it's just the way the world works. We can have it good all the time.
To an extent, thats true. But this was an especially bad decade. The thirtys and forties were bad. The 20's were better. Not perfect, but better. I'm sure people in 1931 wished it were still 1928.

To an extent, thats true. But this was an especially bad decade. The thirtys and forties were bad. The 20's were better. Not perfect, but better. I'm sure people in 1931 wished it were still 1928.

Yeah, all decades featured good and bad things. However, some decades are better than others. As bad as the `00s were, atleast we weren't making a line for bread like the folks in the 1930s.

I didn't think the 00's were bad at all. I rather liked them. :)

I didn't think the 00's were bad at all. I rather liked them. :)

On a personal level I enjoyed them as well. My college years were during this decade. But on a global level it did suck. These were the Bush years.

The Last Ten Years
[YT]U1ikX55O-44[/YT]

[YT]uOaoP1u5pCU[/YT]

wow i totally forgot about that song

This was the worst decade in years...I thought the 90's were bad. 00's were much worse..old thing good that came from last decade were all the superhero movies.

wow i totally forgot about that song

That song really seemed to do a great job of wrapping up the decade in a few lyrics. Kenny Rogers has always been good with it. In the 80s, he did a song called 20 Years Ago that I really like.

I thought the 90's were bad.

No way! :down Then again...I was too young in the `90s to care about what was going on in the world. I had fun. That's all I know.

Yea, in the 90s I had zero responsibilities. Now I do, that's probably why hate the noughties.

I enjoyed this decade overall, sure, there were some negatives, but not enough for me to say that it "sucked" at all.

Probably why the decade was labeled "The Lost Decade" because so much potential was either squandered or just plain ignored.

One of the great things about the Noughties, it brought back Doctor Who.

No way! :down Then again...I was too young in the `90s to care about what was going on in the world. I had fun. That's all I know.

I remember thinking on January 1, 2000, that the 90's were a calm, prosperous time where people seemed vaguely dissatisfied. There was some underlying societal darkness (the LA riots and so on) but we had money (lots of it) and people generally seemed to like the US. We had defeated the USSR and were officially The Champions of the World. We called the 20th Century the American Century. We were still on a high from beating fascism and communism. Things were clear: we were the Good Guys, they were the Bad Guys.

Yeah. Things sure have changed. It feels more like the 70's than the 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"