• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

A Superhero film you could 100% convince anyone to like if you watched it with them?

November Rain

Single Mother
Reaction score
Well we spend all this time debating them on the hype but do you think you would be able to absolutely sell a superhero film to someone (even a non-believer) if you watched it with them in person.

I can smell the controversy here....

colour code your answers accordingly

Positive-I DO believe I could get anyone to see the Hulk isn't that bad a film. To get them to like it as much as i do would be tricky but rome wasn't built in a day.

on the flip side

Negative-I ABSOLUTELY believe i could get people to dislike X2 and everyone bar Doc Ock to resent Ppidey 2.

last but not least.

Neutral- I don't believe i could sway people's opions either way on Superman Returns or Batman Begins, DC fans are less flimsy than marvel ones...

:o

ps, let's not turn this into another film bashing thread, your ability to enhance or spoilt the viewing pleasures of all is all that is required

November Rain said:
Negative-I ABSOLUTELY believe i could get people to dislike X2 and everyone bar Doc Ock to resent Spidey 2.

LOL! Oh, come on, I'm one of the few who actually agree with you on the flaws of the Spidey movies.

You want a challenge?? Try the ones who think Raimi can do no wrong with the Spider-Man movies. They're everywhere. If you can get their rose coloured glasses off, I tip my hat to you ;)

I can convince people to enjoy Hulk, Hellboy, and Fantastic Four pretty easily. The latter two in particular since they're just fun flicks. Hulk I'd be able to point out all the points that most people miss and why they're important and make the movie that much cooler. :up:

The Daredevil: DC people seem to be pretty neutral on and the theatrical release most of em just say "you know, once was enough for me, I think".

Blade Trinity is actually a pretty fun movie to watch with friends. Just laughing at stupid things that you'd probably never laugh at on your own.

The Ultimate Avengers movies are also good for this if you just flat out feel like being asses. :D

I like how casually Iron Man says "Hey Cap? Remember that time you jumped on that rocket and was blown into the ocean?". Also bursted out laughing when Cap jumped off the train with Kleiser shaking his fist and screaming before it explodes. It reminded me of a Road Runner cartoon. All I could think was "Whomp whomp whoooomp".

Spiderman 1 & 2
X-Men 1, 2, & 3
Batman Begins
Superman Returns
Hellboy
Black Mask 1 & 2
The Guyver 2
darkman :sym:

You can convince someone Black Mask 2 is GOOD?!:huh:

Hulk is the only one I think needs convincing. I met very few people who liked that movie. I had seen it but thought it wasn't as bad as said.
Then, one Saturday afternoon I was home alone...

The Hulk came on and I began watching it. Suddenly there was a rapping at my door. I opened it. The day was hot as hell. I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

So I invited her in and she accepted. Next thing I know - boink -

flowers.jpg

The Hulk is a great movie, just watch...

yeah sure, why not. Lol
The Hulk was an amazing film & I'm glad there's alot of you guys out there that agree with me. Sadly, I don't think Ang's selected for the 2nd instalment. Wish they would've thrown The Leader into the mix & not just The Abomination. But whatever. Lookin' foward to it nevertheless. :hulk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"