A "Wolfman" Reboot Already Underway

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
By Garth Franklin Thursday March 10th 2011 09:40PM
Universal Pictures' is planning to reboot "The Wolfman" yet again despite the recent big budget feature underwhelming both critically and commercially reports Bloody Disgusting.
The studio is out to writers for what's being called "a period piece reboot" of George Waggner's classic 1941 film starring Lon Chaney Jr.
Apparently this one is skipping theaters as the plan is for a "direct-to-disc franchise" much like what happened with "Death Race".

Universal needs to get its priorities straight

Universal is the new Fox.

Sadly Fox ist still Fox too....

it seems like now if a movie comes out and bombs then a reboot is greenlit before it hits bluray. if they wanna save face here and then just make a sequel with hugo's character. For some reason the 2010 wolfman movie just seemed to not have a real good pace to it and the it wasnt very scary. I think it is time though to give it a rest. Im so sick of vampires and werewolves now, there so overdone and twilight only furthered my hatred.

it seems like now if a movie comes out and bombs then a reboot is greenlit before it hits bluray. if they wanna save face here and then just make a sequel with hugo's character. For some reason the 2010 wolfman movie just seemed to not have a real good pace to it and the it wasnt very scary. I think it is time though to give it a rest. Im so sick of vampires and werewolves now, there so overdone and twilight only furthered my hatred.

Vampires are, but I don't recall there being that many big werewolf films in recent times.

I want them to make more werewolf films(except for this lame remake), just so we might get some decent or great ones amongst the ****** ones.

Vampires are, but I don't recall there being that many big werewolf films in recent times.

I want them to make more werewolf films(except for this lame remake), just so we might get some decent or great ones amongst the ****** ones.

youve got the twilight movies, underworld, van helsing, red riding hood. I just think the idea of a werewolf and vampire have been done so much that there arent any more original ideas left.

It's the year 2140. Technology has progressed greatly, but so has genetics. Large advanced cities cover the globe. But not all is peaceful in this utopia. Small pockets of resistance refuse to accept technology and have preferred the ways of genetic manipulation as the only way for humanity to evolve to the next stage. In their studies to further advance their cause they discovered that centuries ago, Werewolves existed but were hunted to extinct. Now they are being brought back to life through genetic engineering. Stronger and more intelligent than before. The next stage of human evolution will not come in the future...but from its own past.

It's the year 2140. Technology has progressed greatly, but so has genetics. Large advanced cities cover the globe. But not all is peaceful in this utopia. Small pockets of resistance refuse to accept technology and have preferred the ways of genetic manipulation as the only way for humanity to evolve to the next stage. In their studies to further advance their cause they discovered that centuries ago, Werewolves existed but were hunted to extinct. Now they are being brought back to life through genetic engineering. Stronger and more intelligent than before. The next stage of human evolution will not come in the future...but from its own past.

I wanna see a trailer before I past judgement

haha I just made that up a second ago. =P It's what I would rather see!

This is the stuff that happens when money grubbing businessmen with little artistic sensibilities are running artistic endeavors.

F**k those guys.

It's probably better than whatever this movie will actually turn out to be.

Seriously, THINK about that. Something you made up in two minutes is better than a professionally produced movie (even if it is still direct-to-DVD).

THAT is how bad moviemaking has gotten.

By Garth Franklin Thursday March 10th 2011 09:40PM
Universal Pictures' is planning to reboot "The Wolfman" yet again despite the recent big budget feature underwhelming both critically and commercially reports Bloody Disgusting.
The studio is out to writers for what's being called "a period piece reboot" of George Waggner's classic 1941 film starring Lon Chaney Jr.
Apparently this one is skipping theaters as the plan is for a "direct-to-disc franchise" much like what happened with "Death Race".

:facepalm:

Universal is so stupid. The original film's story would make an excellent movie today as long as it is expanded upon. ****, An American Werewolf in London is basically a modern day remake of The Wolf Man except there is no British dad (which is one of the best aspects of the original).

The problem with The Wolfman remake besides inconsistent direction and pacing was that it had a terrible screenplay that ruined the simplicity and tragedy of the original.

Giving up on the tale and surrendering it to Direct to VD features says one word: FAIL. They have this amazing property and they have no idea how to use it. So sad they're surrendering vampires and werewolves to Twilight and The Vampire Diaries in the 21st century. So sad.

I think Werewolf VS Vampire movies have been done to death, so havent Vampire movies in general. However Just a single "werewolf" movie has not been done very often lately. Dont count any werewolf movies that have vampires in it (twatlight, underworld, ext) and name to me how many wereolf movies that have come out lately?
2-3? non of them good. What we need, is a werewolf movie that makes the genre scary again. No giant cuddly husky dogs, or coped out tiny wolves. We need to return to monsterous scary creatures. And the means by how one becomes one should be changed up, we have seen to death the guy get scratched or bit. I have loads of ideas

They should explore the idea of natural lycanthropy. Werewolves born of werewolves.

Well the character of the wolfman is iconic and there is always many takes on character.

The worst news I've heard all day.

As if it couldn't be any worse.

Some day someone will make a proper good Wolfman film.

Out of all the original Universal Monster movies The Wolfman is my favorite. Werewolf movies have always been my preferred choice. I personally liked the new Wolfman movie and wouldnt have minded a sequel from that. I mean, the new movie had some great qualities I thought. Plus it just won an award for make up. To just go and do another "The Wolfman" makes no real sense to me.

And yet GDT's Frankenstein remains on the shelf.

Universal is on a failing spree :dry:.

Why don't they reboot Frankenstein instead? Kenneth Branagh's movie was a decade ago, and ripe for another movie made about this monster.

haha I just made that up a second ago. =P It's what I would rather see!

haha, its sounds much more interesting then going through the same tired story of man gets bit by werewolf then turns into wolf and tries to deal with it. I think thats why I liked the first underworld so much, it had ideas like the genetic tampering they wanted to do to creat the perfect blend of both races. stuff like that is much more interesting then the ussual story we get and thats the thing hollywood fails to realize. like take for example Im watching right now the next 3 days with russell crowe and Im in all of this story because I dont see stories like this with characters pushed to there limits and desperation.

IF the story is good then Im all for it

But yeah Frankenstein wouldve been good especially after At the Mountains of Madness things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"