World ABC/Marvel Avengers Themed Live Action Show

Webhead2006

The Web-Swinger
Reaction score
A new marvel live action show in works to tie into MCU:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc...series/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ABC And Marvel Eying ‘Avengers’-Themed TV Series BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday July 27, 2012 @ 5:07pm PDT Email This EXCLUSIVE: After scoring huge at the box-office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios explored, including a high-concept cop show. Marvel has already given the Avengers the animated treatment with Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Avengers Assemble. Related: Comic-Con: Marvel TV Previews New ‘Avengers Assemble’ Establishing a primetime foothold has been a priority for Disney-owned Marvel. The company has developed several projects for ABC Studios over the last couple of years, one of which, a Hulk series, is still in the works. Search is under way for a new writer to pen the project.
If a show happens I could easily maybe see a shield like show happen or maybe that idea awhile ago of mockingbird. So we grow the group more. Then maybe even get coblie smulders to pop in once in awhile as maria hill.

it's just "a kernel of an idea''?...

"a high-concept cop show"?... jeez...

just means it's gonna be a looong time before this sees the light of day, if ever...

I smell bigtime fail...

A Marvel-centric cop show would be pretty cool. There's plenty of c-list villains that you could throw in from time to time. Add in some cameos from lesser heroes that aren't likely to get a film anytime soon, just don't over do it and keep the focus on normal cops trying to get by in a world with supers.

Maybe they're thinking about bringing back Alias.

Whatever, I support the idea. Would love a tv show or two set in the MCU. Anything that broadens the scope of the shared universe is cool with me.

Well just saying idea who knows how far along things are. Maybe there is more going on and they just don't want to blab all now. I still say a shield show would be ideal way to go. We can have a group of agents maybe some unknown characters and some comics shield agents. Working out of hidden bases. So we wouldn't need to have helicarrier around all the time. Then them going after terrorists/low level marvel badguys. And there you go. Then throw in computer montior refs to avengers/mcu events some newspapers clipings of things. Then maybe have maria hill by culbie smulders appear once in awhile since she is a tv actress. Or maybe do an episode set prior to avengers and coulson shows up.

I would love a SHIELD show. Have it about some agents that haven't been in the movies yet (like Clay Quartermain), and it could be a blast.

Ya tthat is likely what this show would be or is what I hope.

In the comics, there is the Code: Blue team (introduced in the Thor series). This is a New York City SWAT team specializing in super-threats. The leader of the crew is Lieutenant Marcus Stone.
For a TV project, I suggest Ving Rhames.

http://marvel.com/universe/Code:_Blue

Last edited:
Idk how I feel about movie cartoon and tv show , didn't they can EMH cause they didn't wanna confuse people with all version of avengers, but it's better to get weekly avengers then wait three years lol ..I'd live with a shield show building up to them putting the avengers together run series till right about after TA3 and have movie cast play the avengers.

The show wouldn't be the avengers duking it out with baddies weekly. Just a show set in the mcu which more then likely will be a shield show, that code blue idea above, or maybe even retrying the jessica jones show idea.

The Adventures of Agent Coulson. It could chronicle Coulson's many missions before he bit the bullet in Avengers.

That would be cool but if they did that I rrather take a shield show then. So we could do a few episodes set pre avengers film setting and have phil show up.

I'm good with anything that means more Coulson.

Of course, saying it'll have to be pre-Avengers is assuming that Fury was telling us the truth...

#CoulsonLives

So if any one saw the whedon news looks like he will be helping developing what ever this show will be. I still think the best options are a shield show, maybe have whedon redevelop that jessica jones/luke cage show, or ever that code blue idea.

The best thing that can happen is that Joss will supplant Jeph Loeb as the head of Marvel's TV operation. Even if they don't name him as the head of that division, he could still take control of the development process behind the scenes and guide it.

When it was announced that the AKA Jessica Jones series wasn't even getting a pilot, it was clear that Loeb still can't find his ass with both hands on the TV production front. That should be a slam dunk yet he still managed to screw it up. The Hulk project seems to be stalled despite GdT talking about waiting for a writer they want. (Whedon?) It's pretty obvious that Marvel needs someone who has had success in the TV realm to take things in hand and whip their operation into shape. They should have had several pilots in production by this point, instead of waiting for Loeb to get his thumb out of his *** for two years now.

(And if Joss wants to take a whack at the animation division, all the better. Maybe he can do for Marvel what Steven Spielberg did for WB's cartoons in the 90s.)

Would be nice but I can't see joss commiting for super long term deals. When he likely has other projects and thing he want to do. Being a director/writer is less time consuming and allows him to do other things.

Also you can't really blame jessica jones not getting picked up on loeb. That was more abc call on passing just like fox passed on a punisher show.

And as for loeb I still don't think he is all bad. I get why folks don't like him and the issues with usm show. But just cause one show under him didn't turn out good. Doesn't mean everrything he will do will be bad. No one is 100% perfect.

Would be nice but I can't see joss commiting for super long term deals. When he likely has other projects and thing he want to do. Being a director/writer is less time consuming and allows him to do other things.

Also you can't really blame jessica jones not getting picked up on loeb. That was more abc call on passing just like fox passed on a punisher show.

And as for loeb I still don't think he is all bad. I get why folks don't like him and the issues with usm show. But just cause one show under him didn't turn out good. Doesn't mean everrything he will do will be bad. No one is 100% perfect.

Whedon's role could be more of a guiding force rather than a hands-on, day-to-day show runner/producer. It might be good to have someone in place who can give the people working on show development an overarching plan, a framework to structure their efforts. Whedon knows what will and won't work on the small screen, so he can quickly single out the properties they should concentrate on and give them concrete ideas about the tone they should take with each one.

With the Jones show, Loeb had the task of hiring a writer and staff for it and getting the project into a form that ABC felt comfortable moving forward with. From what I've read, the writer he hired crapped out and didn't deliver the goods. That's on him, IMO, because he should have chosen someone who could handle the assignment.

It isn't just Loeb's handling of USM and Marvel Animation that I take issue with. He also had a lot to do with the destruction of the show Heroes a few years back. While that debacle wasn't entirely Loeb's fault he deservedly gets much of the blame for it since he was co-executive producer and a writer on the show.

I don't like the idea at all...it seems so old fashioned and childish.

What idea we have no clue what the whedon show will be yet.

This awesome news, I hope they get Sam Jackson as Nick Fury to guest star in the pilot along with Cobie as Maria Hill.

Awesome! Finally some good Marvel live-action television?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"