• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers Actors used as voices in Transformers out!

i still want Leonard Nemoy as megatron
cause he ruled in the first movie

Reptile said:
i still want Leonard Nemoy as megatron
cause he ruled in the first movie

He really did, i was thinkin just that as i was reading this thread.

But tim curry would be fine too, he does a lot of voice acting and he always does a good job. He's especially good in villain roles.

I say lay off CFlash, he's been doing really good about staying relatively positive or just plain objective about most of what he's been saying. I think you're doing great CFlash, I know how hard it is not to let your inner fanboy yell out how you truly feel.

That being said, I don't think Tim Curry would be the best Megatron. He does have an amazing talent for voice acting, but Megatron to me was never blatantly evil; simply put he was more like a subdued and ominous presence.

Now, who does have the appropriate tone for Megatron? I think that Leonard Nemoy or Ian McKellen could do a great job if they added mechanical effects to their voices to make them slightly darker. Either that or hire some old fart who's been smoking cigarrettes since he was 5. I'm good with either one.

ComicKoryn said:
I say lay off CFlash, he's been doing really good about staying relatively positive or just plain objective about most of what he's been saying. I think you're doing great CFlash, I know how hard it is not to let your inner fanboy yell out how you truly feel.

That being said, I don't think Tim Curry would be the best Megatron. He does have an amazing talent for voice acting, but Megatron to me was never blatantly evil; simply put he was more like a subdued and ominous presence.

Now, who does have the appropriate tone for Megatron? I think that Leonard Nemoy or Ian McKellen could do a great job if they added mechanical effects to their voices to make them slightly darker. Either that or hire some old fart who's been smoking cigarrettes since he was 5. I'm good with either one.

I think Nimoy, with his raspy somewhat growling voice nowadays (what happened to him? does he smoke?) is perfect for the role. Especially, like you said, with the mechanical effects added to his voice. Man, that'd be awesome.

Is Casey Casum still alive? I loved his voice as Windcharger....

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Is Casey Casum still alive? I loved his voice as Windcharger....
Casey Casum was Cliffjumper, not Windcharger.

And yes he is, but I doubt he'd ever do anything Transformers related again, since he quit working on Transformers cartoon cause of the rascist way the cartoon portrayed Middle Eastern countries...with it's Arabian Parody Country...Carbombia (Car Bomb ia). Since Casum is of Arabian decent.

I think we are all overlooking a great voice who has come back into vogue in the past few years...Christopher Lee! Imagine that menacing voice as Megatron!

What about James Earl Jones as Megatron, he had a wicked cool voice for Darth Vader. There was a rumor once upon a time that George Clooney was gonna do Prime..........I think he'd be a good fit.

undraftedpacker said:
What about James Earl Jones as Megatron, he had a wicked cool voice for Darth Vader. There was a rumor once upon a time that George Clooney was gonna do Prime..........I think he'd be a good fit.

Megatron is not Darth Vader.

Nimoy is a good second choice for Megatron after Welker. Neil Kaplan is a good 2nd choice for Optimus Prime after Peter Cullen. 3rd choice would be Gary Chalk.

I know Megatron is not Darth Vader, if you read my thread again and pay attention, my point was that James E. Jones has a good voice for evil characters.

christopher lee!!!!!....i dont care who...just someone evil!lol

Hugo Weaving did a magnificent job as V in V for Vendetta. Could easily hear him as one of the transformers.

Ian Mckellan and Morgan Freeman have powerfull voices, I would love to have them in the movie.

But most of all I hope they bring back most of the original voices.

I'd go with Galvatron's voice for Megatron

Christopher Lee is a bit too proper for Megs...not backstabbing enough. Nimoy has the perfect voice.

As for Curry, I always picture this when I think of him:

it.jpg

xwolverine2 said:
christopher lee!!!!!....i dont care who...just someone evil!lol

The only Transformer that comes right away to mind when I think of Christopher Lee is Vector Prime from Transformers Cybertron.

Nathan said:
The only Transformer that comes right away to mind when I think of Christopher Lee is Vector Prime from Transformers Cybertron.

http://imageshack.us

Man, that is such a nice piece of art *saved*. It does look kind of regal though...which is how I best describe Christopher Lee's performances.

WalkingDead said:
Casey Casum was Cliffjumper, not Windcharger.

And yes he is, but I doubt he'd ever do anything Transformers related again, since he quit working on Transformers cartoon cause of the rascist way the cartoon portrayed Middle Eastern countries...with it's Arabian Parody Country...Carbombia (Car Bomb ia). Since Casum is of Arabian decent.
And part of the movie will take place in the middle east, He won't go near it.

WalkingDead said:
Rumors for vocie actors say that...

John Di Maggio, Billy West, Tim Curry, Gary Chalk, David Kaye, Ron Perlman, and Sam Elliot are being looked at for Voice Actors...

Take with large grains of salt though...I don't know which ones are true, semi-true, or plain lies/fanboy wanks.

Whether any of that is true or not, I could potentially see some of those actors as certain TF's:

Billy West- Bumblebee
Tim Curry- Starscream
Sam Elliot- Ironhide
Ron Perlman- Another possibilty for Ironhide or even one of the Decepticons

zer00 said:
Yeah the cast has been posted, and they're all playing humans.

That's going to be a bit of a stretch for John Voigt.

Nathan said:

That...looks disturbingly like Christopher Lee

zer00 said:
That...looks disturbingly like Christopher Lee
The Storyline for Vector Prime is that he's one of the original 13 Transformers...made millions and millions of years ago. So with the age and wisdom factors...it could be very cool. *Remember Cybertron Storyline has nothing to do with G1*

Nathan said:

holy crap!!!...i can see the resemblance!:eek: .................

honestly i dont want the cartoon voices... i mean they fit the 60s or w/e but there not good actors.Thats why they should aim for new voices like Chris lee:up: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"