• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Adam Hughes to write All-Star Wonder Woman

BrianWilly

Disciple of Whedon
Reaction score
No thread on this?
SDCC '06: HUGHES TO WRITE & DRAW ALL STAR WONDER WOMAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creator Adam Hughes confirmed for Newsarama Sunday afternoon at Comic-Con what has been rumored for some time and strongly hinted at by Dan DiDio Saturday – Hughes will be writing and drawing an All-Star Wonder Woman title for DC.

Hughes – the one-time cover artist for Wonder Woman – told Newsarama it is very early in the process and he hasn’t even begun discussing scheduling with DC yet, saying the new title would likely launch sometime in 2007.

Look for more about Hughes All Star Wonder Woman in the future here at Newsarama…
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=78030
I'm of mixed opinions. Hughes draws drop-dead gorgeous women, but it's always been a bit on the exploitative side. I have no idea how good of a writer he is, and Wonder Woman's hardly an simple task. Hopefully he at least gleaned a lot from his time as cover artist. If they're going to make an ASWW at all, I at least want it to be as good as All-Star Batman and not anywhere near the horrifying mess of All-Star Batman. The latter is easy to do, but the former...well, it's not so easy.

BrianWilly said:
If they're going to make an ASWW at all, I at least want it to be as good as All-Star Batman and not anywhere near the horrifying mess of All-Star Batman. The latter is easy to do, but the former...well, it's not so easy.
I don't think any part of that would be easy to do, actually. :confused:

If anyone could do it, it's Hughes. I think he could capture the off-beat style of All-Star Batman while avoiding the unconventional style of All-Star Batman.

I think he'll fall prey to the pitfalls of All-Star Batman while trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to capture the unique, off-kilter stylings of All-Star Batman, myself.

I think it's clear, though, that All-Star Batman should definitely be his goal, while All-Star Batman his the opposite of where he wants to go.

I kinda knew Hughes was going to write and draw a book. Because a I read the editor's page, which is titled DC Nation, at the end of a DC book and it said Hughes wants to write and draw but it didn't say what book.

Bullseye said:
I kinda knew Hughes was going to write and draw a book. Because a I read the editor's page, which is titled DC Nation, at the end of a DC book and it said Hughes wants to write and draw but it didn't say what book.
Hang on, can you possibly go into more detail, and possibly include diagrams, on the process that led you to that dramatic conclusion? Because that is, by far, the single most spectacular feat of detective work I have seen in this world.

You, my friend, called that s***.

The Leaguer said:
I think it's clear, though, that All-Star Batman should definitely be his goal, while All-Star Batman his the opposite of where he wants to go.
Obviously.

I will go through the recent DC books that came out the past few weeks. I recall seeing a letter to Didio from his assistant or whomever, giving a list. And one of the item's on the list was -Adam Hughes wants to write and draw.

what are the winning lotto numbers for this week? and should i bet on a horse? which one?

Bullseye said:
I will go through the recent DC books that came out the past few weeks. I recall seeing a letter to Didio from his assistant or whomever, giving a list. And one of the item's on the list was -Adam Hughes wants to write and draw.
Well, hop to it, dear boy. Don't keep the befuddled masses in suspense! :eek:

Im there like a bear, it hasnt even been worked out yet and its already on my pull list.

I found it!

Its the DC Nation column in Superman/Batman # 27. In the DC Nation column, it has a letter from Jann Jones. The list has ten items.

The letter reads:

Dan's To-Do List:
1) Adam Hughes decided to draw and write. Wants to get started.

stupid is as stupid does... life is like a box of chocolates...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"