After credits scene, who would u show as a cameo?

Knight121198

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi all im curious with all the end credit scenes Marvel has been doing, will Man of Steel have one? More to the point what would be your idea of an end credits scene?(cameo)

Well, a more appropriate example than Marvel's cameos is the Batman films' cameos... which are none:woot:

In all seriousness, I enjoy a good after credit scene. Depends on the villain they use in no1 and what they've set up with the story.

what marvel is doing is idiotic and pathetic.

the IM2 after credit scene is a joke .

Deadpool being all confused and saying: "I thought this was the Green Lantern movie! I gotta talk to that Reynolds kid. And by talk I mean beat the snot out of him." :p

On the Starkville House of El podcast, the episode for the Smallville episode Bloodline, the host, who was a writer for the outproduced Superman Returns sequel said that at the end of his draft, they would show an asteroid belt that was the ruins of Krypton, and a ship would emerge with the blinking 3 dotted Brainiac logo, with the words "Brain Interactive Construct" written on the side in Kryptonese. Something like this would be cool.

My own idea would to be to carry over Tomar Re from Green Lantern, the lantern from Krypton's sector.

No one because after credits scenes are lame. :o

has to tease something for the next movie, but before the credits ala the bb joker card flip

No-one. Personally I like Marvel's after credit additions, they're a nice nod to fans. But it's something Marvel has established, DC shouldn't bite on the idea.

Definitely not.

MARVEL reeks of factory franchise now. DC has got more class and they should stick with that.

I would like to see otis released from jail. hes been inside too long.

:facepalm:

Yeah, building up heroes in their own solo films to lead to a team-up movie that's the first of its kind is idiotic and pathetic. :o

To put 20 heroes with a different story each together in a movie thinking it'll be 20 times more exciting is just stupid. Then you have to put like 20 villiains in. And we know what happens with 3 villiains together.

To put 20 heroes with a different story each together in a movie thinking it'll be 20 times more exciting is just stupid. Then you have to put like 20 villiains in. And we know what happens with 3 villiains together.
But that's the thing. Marvel is releasing these solo movies first for a reason. What you're saying might have been true if we had an Avengers film with no solo films before it, but that is not the case. Marvel wants the general audience to understand and relate to these characters and see these movies that excite them so much before putting them all together. And the "different stories" aspect is something that makes it more interesting. One of the main aspects of the Avengers is how they get along and work as a team. They are all very different people, and seeing how they cooperate and work together is something that has a lot of potential. Not to mention that the director, Joss Whedon, is great with ensemble projects.

Like I said, it's the first of its kind, and is no way a pathetic idea.

But that's the thing. Marvel is releasing these solo movies first for a reason. What you're saying might have been true if we had an Avengers film with no solo films before it, but that is not the case. Marvel wants the general audience to understand and relate to these characters and see these movies that excite them so much before putting them all together. And the "different stories" aspect is something that makes it more interesting. One of the main aspects of the Avengers is how they get along and work as a team. They are all very different people, and seeing how they cooperate and work together is something that has a lot of potential. Not to mention that the director, Joss Whedon, is great with ensemble projects.

Like I said, it's the first of its kind, and is no way a pathetic idea.

So you did miss the parts in bold?

But to be the first of your kind doesn't make you immediately genius or non-pathetic. To try and make a movie where there's little room for character dveelopment but a good excuse for a string of brainless CGI action scenes.

Last edited:
But to be the first of your kind doesn't make you immediately genius or non-pathetic. To try and make a movie where there's little room for character dveelopment but a good excuse for a string of brainless CGI action scenes.
It doesn't make it an idiotic idea either. And there IS room for character development. Like I said before, part of the main selling point is seeing how they work together as a team. Stark still needs to mature. Thor is a god. Banner is a fugitive. And Cap's job is to lead the group. How does a man from the past lead a diverse team of people with diverse characteristics? How can you NOT see the chances for character growth there?

Also, 20 people won't be on the team in the movie. Its the main four with Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Nick.

Last edited:
Well if there was a Cameo i wouldnt say Batman, and not because those universes are "separated" but because Batman 3 is Bale's last batman film. Maybe a Green Lantern cameo, well not GL but just a Hal Jordan cameo. I dont think there will be a cameo.

:huh: I love yer logic! I don't get it! :awesome:

CKlov said:
I would like to see otis released from jail. hes been inside too long.

HAHAHAHAHA! :woot:

El Payaso said:

There are some weird lapses of logic in this thread. Care to explain why 20 heroes = 20 villains, my lad? IM2 had like half of The Avengers versus....One...Rourke. Who was a piss poor villain, but that's not the point. I guess Justin Hammer too, but that's about it. But I'm really not following. Is this a dig at the concept of The Avengers or the concept of having multiple comic book characters in a movie? If it's the former, you must hate all the classic ensemble movies, and if it's the latter, well, you must really hate BB and TDK.

BTW, there was plenty of time for character development for Stark and Co. in IM2, they just didn't use that time properly. Do you really think 2 seconds of Thor's hammer are a detriment to any movie?

I think the fact that people will know these characters separately and then will get to see them all together in one huge movie is perfectly fine. Are the cameos in the solo movies a bit ****ish? I guess so, yes, but it's also nice to see that kind of stuff. I know Marvel is iffy in regards to quality sometimes, but the idea behind The Avengers and the cameos is a sound one to me.

Maybe Superman can save a jet fighter from crashing. The pilot thanks him and introduces himself as Hal Jordan (he already has the ring, would have used it had Supes not arrived).

Or it could be a within movie reference. Lex Luthor thanking a certain Mr. Fox for doing business with him. It could be Lucious Fox or Fantastic Mr. Fox. The viewer can decide

Or something more subtle. At the end of the movie, Jimmy can be heard talking about some woman claiming to be an Amazon Princess (a tabloid story)

Or Superman can be flying around minding his own business, lamenting being alone but suddenly a dog, cat, horse, monkey, a boy and a girl all wearing superman outfits crash into him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"