• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Against Thanos: pick some X-Men from the movies as help for the Avengers...

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
I would say:

Shadowcat in her secondary mutation, chronokinesis. See DOFP.
Storm, by sure. From either the original trilogy/timeline or "Dark Phoenix".
Wolverine from DOFP, in his prime.
Havok from "First Class".
Quicksilver can be useful. Really.
Magneto has been an X-Man in either 1962 and 2023 (negative future), so I would say we can count on him.
Sunspot from DOFP.
Blink from DOFP.
Archangel (even if not technically an X-Man, but Apocalypse's Horseman).

Phoenix would be an easy choice, but she's unpredictable.

None because it is a different universe

Not with the fox universe it wouldn't

Not with the fox universe it wouldn't

The Fox multiverse is Marvel, and Marvel already provided fans with official numeration/classification of the Earths. :woo:

This thread has nothing to do with Endgame in actuality. The Fox X-Men is a different universe entirely. Moving to Misc Marvel Movie Forum.

The Fox multiverse is Marvel, and Marvel already provided fans with official numeration/classification of the Earths. :woo:
But then again the MCU is not Marvel in its entity. And there in lies the rub.The MCU fan likes the shared continuity, it is what separates the MCU 22 from just a movie series. Where as the FOX multiverse doesn't start to have a clean contiguous story thus would mess on what was built in the MCU.​

Only four Avengers actually gave Thanos trouble in Infinity War: Iron Man, Strange, Scarlet Witch and Thor. The only Fox X-Men I'd say are near that level are Jean Grey, Xavier and Magneto. I reckon they'd be genuine threats to Thanos, especially since we've already seen Mantis telepathy works on him.

A lot of other X-Men (Quicksilver, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler etc) would be great to have for taking on Thanos armies but would only be distractions in a fight with Thanos himself.

The Fox X-Men is a different universe entirely. Moving to Misc Marvel Movie Forum.

Why? These films aren't in the MCU but they're still Marvel.

Last edited:
Only four Avengers actually gave Thanos trouble in Infinity War: Iron Man, Strange, Scarlet Witch and Thor. The only Fox X-Men I'd say are near that level are Jean Grey, Xavier and Magneto. I reckon they'd be genuine threats to Thanos, especially since we've already seen Mantis telepathy works on him.

A lot of other X-Men (Quicksilver, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler etc) would be great to have for taking on Thanos armies but would only be distractions in a fight with Thanos himself.

Why? These films aren't in the MCU but they're still Marvel.

Which is why I moved this to the Marvel Film Forum? :huh:

I agree with you. Well, even Havok would be enough powerful to hurt him, as well as an "unleashed" Cyclops.

I would like to see a Ragnarok’d Storm unleash everything she’s got in the way that Strange and Thor did.

Yes, full beam Cyclops would be useful here too.

In comics, Iceman is considered an Omega Level mutant, and in DOFP (2023) he had already managed to transform his body into organic ice, so I would say his Omega Level has been retained in the movieverse too.

None of the current ones because their power displays are weak as hell.

If I had to pick someone from the fox lineup I would have loved to have seen Jackman's Wolverine get a crack at Thanos or Fassbender as Magneto.

I don't see any of the existing X-Men from the movies being useful, really at all. There's not really a compelling reason to invite any of them, as none bring anything that would help. Even Xavier. . . frankly, if Mantis could only briefly and with enormous effort incapacitate Thanos, Xavier ( who by contrast has no feats on the order of "disable a planet-sized cosmic godbeing ) isn't going to do much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"