Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 3x07 - "Chaos Theory" - Discussion Thread

Uskok

MCU fan
Reaction score
Synopsis:
As Daisy and the team fight to protect Inhumans, S.H.I.E.L.D. discovers the shocking truth about one of their foes; Fitz helps Simmons recover information that could lead them back through the portal.
Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnvtnNpyz98[YT]lnvtnNpyz98[/YT]

Cast

Main Cast:

Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
Brett Dalton as Grant Ward
Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson
Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
Nick Blood as Lance Hunter
Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse
Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell

Guest Stars:

Constance Zimmer as Rosalind Price
Matthew Willig as Lash
Juan Pablo Raba as Joey Gutierrez
Powers Boothe as Gideon Malick
Jack Guzman as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent #1
Kyle Russell Clements as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent #2

Clearly ommitted from the press release, but given next week's promo we can probably add "Blair Underwood as Andrew Garner" to the list of guest stars already! :)

So is Juan Pablo Raba going to be a recurring guest star or will this be his last appearance?

I hope not. I liked him.

Excited to see the May/Andrew confrontation. Hope Andrew turns good by the end.

Hope Andrew turns good by the end.

I can imagine there is some kind of explanation for killing inhumans, that would allow Andrew to turn good, ar at least not as bad as it seems now. But killing that guard? That's just murder, no story can make it look better.

Some kind of altered mental state so Andrew isn't in control is the only one I can think of, but his actions seem a bit too calculated at the moment (Andrew seems aware of his Lash side and was working to facilitate it when he was asking about Lincoln).

I can imagine there is some kind of explanation for killing inhumans, that would allow Andrew to turn good, ar at least not as bad as it seems now. But killing that guard? That's just murder, no story can make it look better.

a bit made of him not killing skye but he also did not kill mac, did he take out those atcu gaurds in the back of the van not sure, presume you mean the guard in the hospital.

Damn, as much as I would like to hate Roz, got to admit that she kinda has a point there ...

This feels like Civil War !

Same argument as last year though. Did bobbi make a point last year about everyone in that world being dangerous.

Some kind of altered mental state so Andrew isn't in control is the only one I can think of, but his actions seem a bit too calculated at the moment (Andrew seems aware of his Lash side and was working to facilitate it when he was asking about Lincoln).

i like his speaking voice, very pleasing to the ear. if he was an inhuman long term or changed recently will have a huge bearing on his story i think. Hoping for the former.

i like his speaking voice, very pleasing to the ear. if he was an inhuman long term or changed recently will have a huge bearing on his story i think. Hoping for the former.

Somebody on this forum mention that Andrew could be some sort of Dr Xavier's for the Secret Warriors. That would be cool !

Somebody on this forum mention that Andrew could be some sort of Dr Xavier's for the Secret Warriors. That would be cool !

Except that's the role Coulson is going to have.

Last edited:

I don't think Xavier ever murdered his potential students (he just irresponsibly sent them on dangerous missions as if they were child soldiers). I don't see why anyone would trust Andrew/Lash. For example, if Alisha would be part of the team, why the hell would she be okay with taking orders from the guy who killed two good friends of her in front of her in cold blood and then destroyed her dupe?

My guess is Andrew will become a test subject for Rosalyn's 'cure' that ATCU are working on.

presume you mean the guard in the hospital.

Yes I mean that one, there was no sense in killing him, he coud have just punched him and fight would be over. Many others saw him too, so it'not eliminating witnesses either.

Yes I mean that one, there was no sense in killing him, he coud have just punched him and fight would be over. Many others saw him too, so it'not eliminating witnesses either.

yeah got your point but after that he was more clinical in his killing, from a character point of view is notable.

yeah got your point but after that he was more clinical in his killing, from a character point of view is notable.

That could mean Andrew slowly gaining control, but he seems in control already. And it would also mean he is a newly turned inhuman, which does not fit Lash very much. On the other hand it would explain Andrew leaving May - turned during their vacation.

I don't think Xavier ever murdered his potential students (he just irresponsibly sent them on dangerous missions as if they were child soldiers). I don't see why anyone would trust Andrew/Lash. For example, if Alisha would be part of the team, why the hell would she be okay with taking orders from the guy who killed two good friends of her in front of her in cold blood and then destroyed her dupe?

Agree, Andrew/Lash closed that door and it's very hard to imagine a reasonable way to open it.

Andrew's not like Xavier. If he was like (comic) Xavier he'd be fantasizing about one of his female students, getting a violent Canadian fella to do wetwork, and generally making questionable decisions that he forces teenage soldiers to carry out. :o

(Basically, comic Xavier isn't as charming as Sir Patrick)

Andrew's not like Xavier. If he was like (comic) Xavier he'd be fantasizing about one of his female students, getting a violent Canadian fella to do wetwork, and generally making questionable decisions that he forces teenage soldiers to carry out. :o

(Basically, comic Xavier isn't as charming as Sir Patrick)

Don't forget what he did to Tessa

In other words:

professorx_is_a_jerk_zps0ie7gppo.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"