• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x08 - "The Last Day" - Discussion Thread

iambranded

Civilian
Reaction score
Airs Friday Jan. 19th 9/8c on ABC
Coulson and the team discover that the most unexpected person from S.H.I.E.L.D's past may hold the key to preventing Earths destruction.

22195944_1577012779030231_7633893476025638382_n.jpg

Airs Friday Jan. 19th 9/8c on ABC
Coulson and the team discover that the most unexpected person from S.H.I.E.L.D's past may hold the key to preventing Earths destruction.

22195944_1577012779030231_7633893476025638382_n.jpg
https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/a...ay.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR COULSON TO SAVE THE WORLD, ON ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“The Last Day” – Coulson and the team discover that the most unexpected person from S.H.I.E.L.D.’s past may hold the key to stopping Earth’s destruction, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” FRIDAY, JAN. 19 (9:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez.

Guest starring are Jeff Ward as Deke, Dominic Rains as Kasius, Florence Faivre as Sinara, Joel Stoffer as Enoch, Coy Stewart as Flint, Michael McGrady as Samuel Voss, Tunisha Hubbard as Ava, Willow Hale as Robin Hinton, Ava Kolker as Robin (age 12), Lexy Kolker as Robin (age 7), Jamal Akakpo as comms agent, Michele Tobin as Gretchen and Dusty Sorg as Mouse.

”The Last Day” was written by James C. Oliver and Sharla Oliver and directed by Nina Lopez-Corrado.

Young Robin ,Old Robin and Ava Morgenstern

Hmm 3 Robins?

Initially I figured "The Last Day" referred to the teams last day in 2091. Now I'm thinking TLD means the day Earth ended.

With 3 Robins credited, it seems flashback sequences will be told by elderly Robin.

Person from Shield's past. I wonder if it could be Franklin Hall or Ian Quinn.who has him?

If it's Ward I'm going to flip things.

So I was overthinking it. The person from their past is Robin.

could be a misdirect. If fitz gave them a quick run down on how he got to the future robin would have got a mention.... Or else he didn't.

C'mon ABC, it's Friday, can you please release the 2nd clip already?

The fact that the gravity storms are in 2018 is indicative, I think, that they're related to the destruction of the Earth.

So my predictions after watching this episode:

• Everything that is happening has already happened. It's essentially a time loop, one that will somehow be broken at the end of the season
  • They'll return to the present around the mid season and the season finale will focus on the incident that cause Earth's destruction, Likely Graviton with Daisy believing she's the only one who can stop it.
  • Flint will use his powers to collect the other fragments of the monolith so that they can get back to the present
  • Before they go back they'll kill Kasius and free the light house

I'm over all this "Daisy is powerful enough to destroy the world!" Nonesense.

Deke has to be FitzSimmons' grandkid or something, right?

Great episode really emotional. Sometimes i wish this was like Netflix so I can binge it all.

As much as I'm enjoying this story line, I just can't stop myself from asking on why aren't the Avengers ever brought up in cases like this? I mean with an apocalyptic event like the one portrayed in the current arc, you'd think that the Avengers and everyone else involved with them would have gone above and beyond to prevent that from happening.

I feel like the only way that I can enjoy this show at times is to just pretend that the series takes place in a different universe where the Avengers are no more.

As much as I'm enjoying this story line, I just can't stop myself from asking on why aren't the Avengers ever brought up in cases like this? I mean with an apocalyptic event like the one portrayed in the current arc, you'd think that the Avengers and everyone else involved with them would have gone above and beyond to prevent that from happening.

I feel like the only way that I can enjoy this show at times is to just pretend that the series takes place in a different universe where the Avengers are no more.

Perhaps the Avengers were busy fighting Thanos and just naturally assumed that they or Thanos were the cause of this. Perhaps AOS were somehow transported to an alternate dimension at some point and Enok is either playing dumb or knows exactly what went on and who was to blame.

Well from the glimpse of "today" with Daisy/Quake on the security feed from the incident location and then Agent May flying in survival mode there was nothing to call the Avengers in on or the time to do it. Presumably an outlaw SHIELD was investigating something when all went wrong and they ran to only crash at the Lighthouse.

It gets down to you fight with the army and information you have and not the one you wish you had. And if you wait for the perfect, in this case Tony Stark and Maria Hill with the Avengers see what is happening and get to the scene to relieve Coulson's crew it is too late anyway.

Yeah, I don't see an opportunity to call the Avengers. Certainly, there's no way to call them in the future. In the present, there doesn't seem to be a singular entity to fight. The only thing they seem to know is Daisy did it, but we don't know why or how. Do we call the Avengers to stop her from destroying the world? What if it wasn't her or if her fighting the Avengers causes the whole thing?

Because this show has to hammer in that Daisy is the most perfect and powerful person on the planet and they can't have anyone mentioning the Avengers because some of them are technically more powerful than her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"