Al Ghuls and The League of Assassins

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
So. Regarding the topic of the Al Ghuls, how should they be portrayed in general terms of story and characterization? Who should play them? Should they go back to their roots on stories like the Son of the Demon/Birth of the Demon or should they be more psychotic like in Morrison's run?

They should do full on comic book Dennis O'Neil/Neal Adams Ra's. Lazarus pits and immortality, and the environmental terrorist aspect (which is more global then the Nolan movies Ra's who made Gotham is main target).

Embrace the old school James Bond aspect of the character, with the big lair and the vast resources and bat **** crazy plan, and Talia should be the conflicted Bond Girl. She should send Damian to Bruce because she wants to get him away from his grandfather (which fits Damian's entire arc where being a kid sidekick for a superhero is actually a normal life compared to what his status quo was).

I’ve seen a few people casting Alexander Siddig as Ra’s. That would be fun. He’s not, like, an a list actor but he is perfect

Medalion Rahimi has the look for Talia IMHO…

55022a6ad8f6d4340c3172c7226a1031623905d2.jpg

a06cdaa92cd66d352612d1e7e3c81552460db1a1.jpg

I’ve seen a few people casting Alexander Siddig as Ra’s. That would be fun. He’s not, like, an a list actor but he is perfect
He was actually super disappointing and not intimidating at all as Ra’s in Gotham. I liked a lot of what they were doing with the Ra’s flashbacks though . Navid Negahban or Ghassan Massoud or Faran Tahir maybe?

Negahban is the move, but I also really like Reda Kateb for the role.

Payman Maadi would be great, he has the look as well
MV5BZDY3MWMwY2EtN2E0Yi00ZTA3LTgwMWUtYjA1ZWQ4YTZiZmQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI5NDA3NTI1._V1_.jpg

Maybe Golshifteh Farahani for Talia? But idk if she'd want the exposure of a big movie like this

My picks are: Viggo Mortensen, Antonio Banderas, Mads Mikkelsen, Pierce Brosnan and Javier Bardem.

I'll probably be alone on this one, as I think it's pretty much an "out of the box" kind of thing, but there's something about Ray Wise that just clicked with me for the role of Ra's Al Ghul.
If we were a few years back in time, I'd be very tempted to seriously throw his name in the hat...

I want a Denny O’Neil/ Mike Barr-inspired Al Ghul portrayal. The Demon Trilogy are maybe my favorite Batman Comics aside from Lonely Place of Dying.

I could see Jack Ryan’s Ali Suliman as Ra’s:

upload_2023-7-10_10-30-45.jpeg

Niv Sutan as Talia:

upload_2023-7-10_10-38-54.jpeg

Lior Raz as Ubu:

upload_2023-7-10_10-36-36.jpeg

Any Chinese Arab actors out there for Ra's?

What about Numan Acar for Ra’s?

Also, Art Malik, 70 from The Little Mermaid & True Lies depending on what age they’re aiming for Ra’s:

129328.jpg

MV5BNDgwNTZlNjItMDg0Ni00OTM1LThlYTUtYmEwMWVmZTZjYTZlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE4MDg3NTIz._V1_.jpg

p18061447_e_h8_aa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"