Alex Proyas to Direct Paradise Lost

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=69880

Source: Variety
September 16, 2010

Alex Proyas (Knowing, I, Robot, The Crow) is set to direct Legendary Pictures' Paradise Lost, an adaptation of John Milton's 17th-century English poem.

The movie is about the epic war in heaven between archangels Michael and Lucifer, and will be developed as an action vehicle that will include aerial warfare, possibly shot in 3D, says Variety.

Legendary's Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni will produce along with Vincent Newman (A Man Apart) through his eponymous banner.

Stuart Hazeldine developed the primary draft of the screenplay, which was written by Byron Willinger and Philip de Blasi. Lawrence Kasdan and Ryan Condal have both polished the script.

I wasn't interested until I read the "Aerial warfare" bit. :woot:

lol this is cool. We read an exceprt in class the other day and I was just thinking this would make a badass movie

but "an action vehicle" is kind of dissapointing. It should be like LOTR. Epic, with awesome fight scenes, but a character piece

I have faith in Proyas, i really like his work, Knowing was a ****ing under rated movie.

Sounds interesting. As long as it's faithful to the source I think it will be an awesome film.

Sounds great....actually, sounds amazing. Proyas doesn't make many pictures, and he's been wasting his time turning half-assed blockbusters into better-than-average blockbusters (I Robot, Knowing) but he needs to really cut loose with his imagination ala Dark City and The Crow.

I don't understand, will this be in our time or before Medieval times!

I would like to see a really olden version of this because everything that gets done in our time just looks off, legion for example.

Artistically im hoping for a wiiliam blake style really old mythic style.

This sounds right up my alley, I love heaven and hell stuff, and I havent seen a Proyas movie I havent enjoyed yet, count me as on board!

Um, I love the poem, but I just don't know about this at all.

It should be like LOTR. Epic, with awesome fight scenes, but a character piece

I don't know about that...

Alex Proyas + the Archangel Michael battling Lucifer = very excited. I wonder if it's involving not just them but the war between the angels.

i love every proyas movie..
im certainly intrigued by this.

"an action vehicle" sounds cool... but i hope its better than Legion was.

This was my favorite book in high school. And I like the action vehicle talk, just as long as they make this movie long enough without omitting a chunk of the important part.

Technically it's still the same one.
Still at Legendary, same producers...

WOnder why Scott Derickson isn't attached anymore.
But anyway , hopefully Proyas will make a excellent movie. Crow and Dark City are his best movies . We know that Fox interfered heavily with I ROBOT . Knowing is okay but Nic Cage really screws up alot of his scenes for me.

WB and Legendary are known to give their directors alot of creative freedom so hopefully Proyas won't screw this up.
I'd love to see some Angels vs Lucifer aerial fights :woot:

And Craig as Lucifer plz

Alex Proyas + the Archangel Michael battling Lucifer = very excited. I wonder if it's involving not just them but the war between the angels.

The poem happens long after that and begins with Lucifer and the other rebelling angels in the lake of fire. I'm not even sure if there is a battle between Lucifer and Micheal in the poem...I'm re-readng it now, slowly, but I don't think there is one.

Sounds like it will be a good movie. I remember reading this this in my 12th grade English class. I didn't understand it then (still don't) but it could make for a good action film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"