All Star Superman / BMR Question

SouLeSS

Superhero
Reaction score
Ok so, look at Ultimate Spiderman's Issue #1. It's worth quite a bit (more than likely the highest priced recent comic) more than most would think. Anyone happen to think All Star Superman/BMR will be anywhere like this?

I ask because I have the #1 of both of them, but they're in horrrrrible condition (They were in a box that got water damage and they're basically ruined). I wasn't planning on replacing them but I've been thinking about it a lot lately and maybe I should?

If you're that concerned about it, just go buy some new ones, they should still be cheap. My shop has both number ones for like $5 or $10.

My shop still has a massive number of #1s still on the new comic shelf.

Who cares? Comics are horrible investments.

Well I already sold all my Steve Irwin Scuba action figures, which no one thought would ever be worth any money. I bought 10 of them (10 of all his figures when they came out) and sold em the day after he croaked. Netted around 300$ a piece.

So I figure, if the USM #1's are pretty high up on the 'recent comic list' one of these might be 5 years down the road.

I have All-Star Batman and Robin 1# Which is, and utterly crappy comic.

I always by triples of number 1's, maybe in 20 years from know they'll be worth something...I hope.\
Otherwise the look good, staying mint.

SouLeSS said:
Well I already sold all my Steve Irwin Scuba action figures, which no one thought would ever be worth any money. I bought 10 of them (10 of all his figures when they came out) and sold em the day after he croaked. Netted around 300$ a piece.

So I figure, if the USM #1's are pretty high up on the 'recent comic list' one of these might be 5 years down the road.

Your screen name is rather appropriate.

I hope the money you got from capitalizing on a mans death helps you sleep at night.

You are what was wrong with the comic book industry in the nineties. Speculating on the next big thing to make a quick buck. You are what is wrong with the action figure market, keeping toys out the hands of children so you can sell them after-market for a profit.

It's September the eleventh. Might want to bring out all those American flags you've been hoarding. Preying on peoples patriotism wouldn't be morally objectionable to you. You're already making money off a mans death, why not 3,000 +?

Maybe you'll understand one day when you have children. When your kids only wish is a measly ten dollar toy, but you have to shell out several times that because some lonely shut in scooped up every single one so he could make a few bucks.

Get a real job, leave the toys and the comic books to the people who appreciate them more than money.

I know I probably came across as a big jerk, but I used to frequent flea markets with my father and I saw the same crap every single day. Toys R Us was sold out of my favorite Transformer, but I could get it at the flea market for double the price because the smelly old guy got to the store while my dad was at work making an honest living.

SouLeSS said:
Ok so, look at Ultimate Spiderman's Issue #1. It's worth quite a bit (more than likely the highest priced recent comic) more than most would think. Anyone happen to think All Star Superman/BMR will be anywhere like this?
No, because USM #1 is worth a fair amount because everyone was skeptical of the Ultimate line before it came out and under-ordered on it, then it was a big hit and the issue was in short supply. All Star everyone thought would be a big hit and ordered plenty of copies of it.

there's probably four times as many copies of All Star Superman and Batman #1 than there are of USM

so no, they will NEVER be as valuable as USM #1

Popularity when a book comes out means it won't increase significantly. Popularity AFTER a book starts is what makes them increase in value in today's Market. USM is the only Marvel/DC Mainstream book which has had a significant collectors interest like this. Every other book which has displayed this same appreciation in value come from smaller publishers and lines: Invincible, Walking Dead, Y-The Last Man, Mouse Guard, Sandman, Preacher - their first issues are all worth more now because no one noticed them when they started.

So if you want to invest, you've got to look for smaller books that are of high quality but have yet to be discovered and their popularity is just begining to rise.

Should have just lied to him. He deserves to waste his money on a few dozen copies of All Star Batman & Robin, let him sit on those for a few years, and watch him not break even on the deal.

Purple Man said:
Your screen name is rather appropriate.

I hope the money you got from capitalizing on a mans death helps you sleep at night.

You are what was wrong with the comic book industry in the nineties. Speculating on the next big thing to make a quick buck. You are what is wrong with the action figure market, keeping toys out the hands of children so you can sell them after-market for a profit.

It's September the eleventh. Might want to bring out all those American flags you've been hoarding. Preying on peoples patriotism wouldn't be morally objectionable to you. You're already making money off a mans death, why not 3,000 +?

Maybe you'll understand one day when you have children. When your kids only wish is a measly ten dollar toy, but you have to shell out several times that because some lonely shut in scooped up every single one so he could make a few bucks.

Get a real job, leave the toys and the comic books to the people who appreciate them more than money.

I know I probably came across as a big jerk, but I used to frequent flea markets with my father and I saw the same crap every single day. Toys R Us was sold out of my favorite Transformer, but I could get it at the flea market for double the price because the smelly old guy got to the store while my dad was at work making an honest living.

Which is why one day I'll be a million/billionaire and you'll be making 80k a year tops.

SouLeSS said:
Which is why one day I'll be a million/billionaire and you'll be making 80k a year tops.

At least you didn't try and justify or deny that you are a wretched excuse for a human being.

Here's what I see in my crystal ball. After a few bad investments you'll be left penniless. Your money grubbing and lack of morals keeping anyone from connecting with you on an emotional level. Leaving you to die poor and alone. While I on the other hand work hard for my money at a job I enjoy, feeling good because I know I help people instead of taking advantage of their interests. Being a good soul, I will find someone who wants more out of life than just money, have some children who I will teach to avoid ending up like you when they grow up.

I don't know who didn't love you, or loved you too much, when you were growing up to deem yourself Souless and worry about nothing other than the almighty dollar. I learned that no amount of money can make you truely happy. Happiness comes from the smile you put on anothers face. Not the sick satisfaction of price gouging.

Keep your dirty money, it's just more fuel for the flames of hell.

First off, as an Aetheist, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. Nor having a soul, or any of that religious mumbo jumbo. I work hard for my money, and I spend it in investments. Not always, as in the case of buying the Blue Beetle series or Nightwing, but when something catches my fancy I will drop a pretty penny if I think I'll be able to profit off it later in life.

It's all economics, not weather or not I'm a good person or not. I saw an opportunity to make some cash with Steve Irwin figures and I did. Did I go out and buy them when I heard he died? No. I bought them a year or so previous (whenever they first came out) because I knew one of these times he was going to get killed on the job, and his merch would skyrocket.

SouLeSS said:
First off, as an Aetheist, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. Nor having a soul, or any of that religious mumbo jumbo. I work hard for my money, and I spend it in investments. Not always, as in the case of buying the Blue Beetle series or Nightwing, but when something catches my fancy I will drop a pretty penny if I think I'll be able to profit off it later in life.

It's all economics, not weather or not I'm a good person or not. I saw an opportunity to make some cash with Steve Irwin figures and I did. Did I go out and buy them when I heard he died? No. I bought them a year or so previous (whenever they first came out) because I knew one of these times he was going to get killed on the job, and his merch would skyrocket.

Tell that to the kids who couldn't play with those toys because you wanted to sit on them to make some money.

When making money is above making other people happy, you have a problem.

I'm not expecting to get through to you, you're a dispicable person and you always will be until something happens where you have to face the truth.

Steve Irwin was a great man and believed in treating others with care and respect. What you did was neither respectful to him nor caring to others.

I'm an atheist as well, but that doesn't mean I'm a heartless money grubber like you. I used to collect action figures myself until I came upon the realization that most toys are meant for children, and that I would much rather them be in a childs hands who will actually appreciate them than on my shelf.

Maybe for your next trick you can go buy all the candy at the stores and sell it back to the kids for double the price. I'm sure that wouldn't bother you in the least.

If candy was a good market, then yeah, I probably would. So what you're saying, is you've never bought something for low, then sold it later on for a greater value?

Of course, I've had my share of garage sales in my day.

But the big difference is that I didn't buy the things I sold for the express purpose of making money. I didn't deprive other kids of toys for a financial investment. I bought those things because I enjoyed them, and when they no longer amused me or I wanted to pass them on they were sold for a fair price.

You're the person I wanted to punch in the face because they bought every issue of Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2 issue #36 they could get their hands on because it was the WTC issue, and knew they could make a quick buck.

It was nearly five years ago since that day and I can remember it vividly, I had a couple hundred dollars in my pocket that day and I was the first in line at the comic store. I could have picked up every single one and turned a handsome profit off it, but I had the morals to buy one and only one for my personal enjoyment, and let everyone who wanted to read the heart wrenching tale pay the same price I did.

In retrospect I know this was the wrong move, I should have bought every single copy, but not for the same reason you would have done it for. I should have bought them and handed them out, free of charge. Of course it would hurt my wallet, but at least I would keep them out the clutches of vultures like you.

I believe in people above money. You make me vomit with your open admittance that you would take candy away from kids if you could make some money off of it.

You'll find yourself leading a lonely life. Money can't buy happiness.

Please change your ways or shoot yourself. I don't care which one, just leave the kids alone.

Souless dont listen to them, its gonna explode in value. So are X-Men 2099, and all the other 2099 titles.;)

And anything with Rob Liefeld.

Also, burn anything to do with Grant Morrison. His stock will plummet when he is revealed to be the fifth dimensional messiah, and proves that all existence is just one of his drug induced illusions that will fade away when he sobers up sometime in the 853rd century.

Purple Man said:
And anything with Rob Liefeld.

Also, burn anything to do with Grant Morrison. His stock will plummet when he is revealed to be the fifth dimensional messiah, and proves that all existence is just one of his drug induced illusions that will fade away when he sobers up sometime in the 853rd century.

Sounds like a cool tv show to me!

PWN3R RANGER said:
Sounds like a cool tv show to me!

The only tv show that you watch with your sixth, seventh and sometimes eighth senses!

Beamed straight to your subconcious from the collective mass of super bugs that form the mighty Grant Morrison.

Solenna2.jpg

I hear Superpro is a great investment title

Buy every copy you can. This **** is getting scarce because retailers thought they wouldn't sell and only ordered a few copies.

Elijya said:
I hear Superpro is a great investment title

LOL. I found #1 at my shop for a buck, and hung that baby up on my wall. Classic.:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"