All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
I wouldn't want to generalize or even extrapolate for that matter, but my friend is the biggest nolan fan(we get in debates all the time) and the biggest supporter of the tdk trilogy(and inception) and he fell asleep during begins and has never revisited it.

TDK sure did a number on him.
Whenever it's on he watches it...begins, not so much. But that's just him.

I have to wonder how much of the GA suffers his symptoms.
Apparently, not too many.

Batman Begins is still my favorite.
TDK is a very good movie
I have an even greater appreaciation of it now, based on my dissapointment with TDKR.

Already on the second thread after I made a predication about a day ago that we'd be over on our third or fourth thread by the time MOS came out.lol

supers_75.jpg

we could have gotten a better logo than this.

This is terrible.

Embargo sounds like it ends June 10th.
At least according to Jett @ Batman on Film who saw the movie yesterday.

Do you guys think they might release the Comic Con trailer someday?

June 10th sounds good. :up:

TDKR embargo ended on the Monday before release.

Day of the premiere, makes sense. However it's a bit weird that there's going to be advance screenings next week. Aren't there like 3 people from this forum who will see it next week? So kind of a pointless embargo if there's going to plenty of people spilling the beans all over before that. Oh well. 11 days!!! :woot:

Batman Begins is still my favorite.
TDK is a very good movie
I have an even greater appreaciation of it now, based on my dissapointment with TDKR.

I have a real appreciation for what the Nolan brothers and Goyer did with the Batman franchise, but their take on the mythos still wasn't definitive for me. A lot of film directors, including Nolan, have gone on record saying that "anyone can be Batman"; and I don't think that's true just because he doesn't have any powers. In my eyes (and of course, the original source material), Bruce Wayne is a physical and mental prodigy. Can anyone put on an Einstein wig and just become that guy with "hard work" or effort? No. Einstein had a gift. Bruce Wayne is similarly gifted; that's one of the main reasons he's able to survive and keep up in a world full of supernatural oddities. Film directors have yet to acknowledge this aspect of the character, however. Because of his obvious humanity, they feel a need to ground him and make him as relatable to regular folk as possible. He's FAR from regular though. My thoughts.

Zionite1
Im not sure why Robot army is more realistic than a Clone army.Besides we are already getting a Robot army in MOS no need to rehash.By the way kudos the the team for keeping the robots under wraps.

Because robotics and mechanization are very big escalating developments happening in todays world right now. Nolan/Goyer always try to reflect on society in a way. TDK was very much a commentary on the Bush era (terrorism, torture, unethical phone tapping and surveillance). TDKR tried to have something to say about the Global Financial Crisis, albeit it was weak. Cloning is alot more far behind and much less relevant to today, let alone cloning godlike aliens. It wouldn't be making much of a strong social commentary in this case and defeats it's own point.

I don't think there's a robot army in MOS. The motion capture guy in Smallville we've determined to be Nam-Ek. The 3rd act is going to be Superman in a MMA/DBZ fight with Zod and then dealing with the Black Zero. There's also Faora, Tor-An and Dev-Em. The only robot of any kind is Jor-Els companion droid Kelex. The only mention of a robot army came from a concept toy commercial a year ago.

Even if there was a robot army in MOS, a Luthor developed army could be different. Plus it really continues the themes of MOS of fear and escalation. Everyone would be devastated by what happened in Metropolis. It's like a million 9/11s. The response would be pooring trillions into military research and development where Luthor can design and build a bunch of robotic mechanized infantry with Kryptonite fuel cells. This is so they can be better prepared for another attack of this kind, and comfort any that do not trust Superman.

That kind of seems like a poor move on Warner Bros. part. I may be wrong, but it seemed to me like the early reviews released for TDK were a great final part of the marketing/hype train. All the footage looked great and then 2-3 weeks before the movie comes out, you got all these insanely glowing reviews. If any of any of these hints from twitter can be believed, Warner Bros should start letting the cat out of the bag in my opinion, provided that the NDAs made certain requirements about what plot points can be included in the reviews.

That kind of seems like a poor move on Warner Bros. part. I may be wrong, but it seemed to me like the early reviews released for TDK were a great final part of the marketing/hype train. All the footage looked great and then 2-3 weeks before the movie comes out, you got all these insanely glowing reviews. If any of any of these hints from twitter can be believed, Warner Bros should start letting the cat out of the bag in my opinion, provided that the NDAs made certain requirements about what plot points can be included in the reviews.

it think its a good call to spread it out a bit, release a ton of tv spots and leave people wanting more. Wait a bit, then release all the early reviews. Too many people want everything right away, then the hype dies off too early.

it think its a good call to spread it out a bit, release a ton of tv spots and leave people wanting more. Wait a bit, then release all the early reviews. Too many people want everything right away, then the hype dies off too early.

Agreed. I'm not saying I want everything at once. It just felt like they did that with TDK (in terms of building hype gradually), but the reviews seemed to come in earlier. June 10 seems really late for some reason. But I guess that makes sense since it seem like everything in this marketing plan has been a little late (comparatively speaking). I don't know if 4 days is enough time for word to spread to the general audience about the reviews.

Agreed. I'm not saying I want everything at once. It just felt like they did that with TDK (in terms of building hype gradually), but the reviews seemed to come in earlier. June 10 seems really late for some reason. But I guess that makes sense since it seem like everything in this marketing plan has been a little late (comparatively speaking). I don't know if 4 days is enough time for word to spread to the general audience about the reviews.
The best thing for this film will be the word of mouth after June 14th coupled with the advertising onslaught.

Zionite1

Because robotics and mechanization are very big escalating developments happening in todays world right now. Nolan/Goyer always try to reflect on society in a way. TDK was very much a commentary on the Bush era (terrorism, torture, unethical phone tapping and surveillance). TDKR tried to have something to say about the Global Financial Crisis, albeit it was weak. Cloning is alot more far behind and much less relevant to today, let alone cloning godlike aliens. It wouldn't be making much of a strong social commentary in this case and defeats it's own point.
The fact you have Lex as the main boss is Social commentary enough.You have a man taking advantage of the paranoia and fear caused by a Alien terrorist attack?9/11 enough?

Have the Lex be a scientist who has secretly perfected Cloning years ago and has been using it for the Government-or so they think.Id imagine hed be replacing World leaders with clone puppets.When The Government asks for help he makes his move for power-trying to clone Aliens doesnt go so well and it ends with Lex having an army of various genetic freaks.Trouble time.

Plus there is such a rich Cloning mythology in Superman lore that cld be taking advantage of-Cadmus,DNALIENS etc
Zionite1

I don't think there's a robot army in MOS. The motion capture guy in Smallville we've determined to be Nam-Ek. The 3rd act is going to be Superman in a MMA/DBZ fight with Zod and then dealing with the Black Zero. There's also Faora, Tor-An and Dev-Em. The only robot of any kind is Jor-Els companion droid Kelex. The only mention of a robot army came from a concept toy commercial a year ago.

Even if there was a robot army in MOS, a Luthor developed army could be different. Plus it really continues the themes of MOS of fear and escalation. Everyone would be devastated by what happened in Metropolis. It's like a million 9/11s. The response would be pooring trillions into military research and development where Luthor can design and build a bunch of robotic mechanized infantry with Kryptonite fuel cells. This is so they can be better prepared for another attack of this kind, and comfort any that do not trust Superman.

Its been confirmed that Black Zero has Robot guards-So Supes will face them during his escape from the ship.

Every peace of Toy art depicting the scene of the Metropolis showdown,Shows Zod with an an Army of Flying Robots whilst terraforming. The trailers are just hiding it but its there

Sure a Luthor Robot army could be different form a Zod Robot army-However So could a Braniac Alien invasion be different from a Zod Alien invasion-But you dont want another Alien invasion so why another Robot army?

June 10th embargo is just like The Dark Knight Rises the Monday of release, 5 days before release. But, if I remember correctly some may not have to wait that long or will have to wait longer. The embargo for some may be different. I remember some embargo's being released later for TDKR, some where that Wednesday of its release.

Sure a Luthor Robot army could be different form a Zod Robot army-However So could a Braniac Alien invasion be different from a Zod Alien invasion-But you dont want another Alien invasion so why another Robot army?
I'm just brainstorming something that could appease everyone on here for their Superman-punching/action fix, as well as something that keeps with the grounded aesthetic laid down by Snyder.

Just to be clear I'm not saying humanoid size robots like what we might be getting in MOS, or like I,Robot.

I'm talking something like this (it doesn't even need to be a robot, it could be manned):
Mech_cyclops%28s%29.jpg

It's even glowing green cause it has a Kryptonite fuel cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"