• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Batman series on HBO is more plausible.

Kinda doubt they'd do that with Fox doing Gotham though. Would be awesome though, I think tv is a much better environment for superheroes than film, and I think pretty soon almost all superheroes will be doable since tv special effects are getting better and better.

Flying is going to be a big added insurance to the Supergirl show (assuming it sees the light of day), but I think it could be doable.

IF someone would be so kind, can someone who's familiar with the Batman mythology let me know if the comics has ever given a reason as to why Joe Chill never killed Bruce on the night of his parents murder? I mean the dude had no qualms killing both Wayne members, but lets Bruce go who can serve as a witness against him in the crime?

Man I've heard good reviews of it all around. I can not wait until Monday night.

IF someone would be so kind, can someone who's familiar with the Batman mythology let me know if the comics has ever given a reason as to why Joe Chill never killed Bruce on the night of his parents murder? I mean the dude had no qualms killing both Wayne members, but lets Bruce go who can serve as a witness against him in the crime?

Well Bruce was just a child. Chill payed him no mind. Why would he need to?

Well Bruce was just a child. Chill payed him no mind. Why would he need to?

No reason really. I mean it's just that I've heard of real life muggings ending with the criminal killing off everyone that may have been present at the scene of the crime, regardless of their gender or age so I was just wondering if there was any particular reason for why Bruce was spared in the comics.

With Burton's first Batman film, Joker was going to kill Bruce but only left because the cops were coming, whereas with Nolan's version...Joe killing the Waynes seemed it was more inspired out of his own fear and anxiety over the situation and just bolted out of there as soon as he got the stuff.

Now I have a reason to want mondays to get here quicker.

No reason really. I mean it's just that I've heard of real life muggings ending with the criminal killing off everyone that may have been present at the scene of the crime, regardless of their gender or age so I was just wondering if there was any particular reason for why Bruce was spared in the comics.

With Burton's first Batman film, Joker was going to kill Bruce but only left because the cops were coming, whereas with Nolan's version...Joe killing the Waynes seemed it was more inspired out of his own fear and anxiety over the situation and just bolted out of there as soon as he got the stuff.

You bring up a good point nonetheless. I really never thought of it.

Originally as in golden age Batman, it was because Joe Chill was frightened by the look young Bruce gave him.

All the clips I've seen of Gotham make me think it'll be average, but watchable.

I'm really going to have to see it for myself. I kinda wonder if, being this contains so many corporate franchise characters, if they will really allow it to be a good, gritty crime drama. I worry that it'll be half assed as all get out. But I hope for the best.

I'm not really interested all that much. It goes too far back in time for my liking. I think it would've been more interesting with a young Batman we never or rarely see, but hear about. Gordon and the police could've still been the main characters and overall focus.

All the clips I've seen of Gotham make me think it'll be average, but watchable.

I havent decided if I will watch the show regularly, but I will definitely be checking out the first few episodes to see if the hype surrounding the series is justified or not?

Its a Fox show so who knows how long it'll last.

But they do seem to be throwing all their eggs in the Gotham basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"