American McGee loves Wii!

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
wii.gif

Mentok said:
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3635&Itemid=2

Uber-Designer American McGee has called the NINTENDO Wii the 'only true next gen console'. The x360 and PS3 are seen as 'mere upgrades'.

TOUGH TALK, FOR A GUY WHO'S BEEN SUPPORTED BY, AND HAS BEEN A SUPPORTER OF, 'MS' IN THE PAST. THE FACT IS, HE'S GLOSSING OVER SOME VERY KEY ISSUES......LIKE THE FACT THAT 'NINTENDO' "PROFITS" MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE GAMING BUSINESS, AND DOES SO BY MAKING MINOR....IF ANY...... CHANGES/UPGRADES TO THEIR PLATFORMS, RATHER THAN COMPLETELY REDESIGNING THEM......SOMETHING HE APPARENTLY IS SLAMMING 'MS' AND 'SONY' FOR DOING WITH THEIR "GRAPHICAL UPGRADES". THE 'WII' IS ESSENTIALLY AN "UPGRADED" 'GAMECUBE', FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT.

every next gen console is an upgraded version the previous generation.

GoldenAgeHero said:
every next gen console is an upgraded version the previous generation.

SURELY NOT........THAT WOULD MEAN 'MCGEE' IS FULL OF S**T. :eek: :o

Mentok said:
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3635&Itemid=2

Uber-Designer American McGee has called the NINTENDO Wii the 'only true next gen console'. The x360 and PS3 are seen as 'mere upgrades'.

Bold words.

THWIP* said:
....IF ANY...... CHANGES/UPGRADES TO THEIR PLATFORMS, RATHER THAN COMPLETELY REDESIGNING THEM......SOMETHING HE APPARENTLY IS SLAMMING 'MS' AND 'SONY' FOR DOING WITH THEIR "GRAPHICAL UPGRADES".

Complete and radical redesigns such as the Wii and Nintendo DS are only a recent phenomenon in Nintendo's history. But that doesn't mean that previous consoles didn't have the same creative/innovative intentions as these newer Nintendo platforms. Both the N64 and GC and, heck, even the GBA and SP were able to make ground-breaking innovations, redefining the gaming experience. And I trust your knowledge as a gamer enough to not list these innovations (it's too early in the morning anyway :O.) And I believe that this spirit of creativity is what McGee indentifies with Nintendo.

THE 'WII' IS ESSENTIALLY AN "UPGRADED" 'GAMECUBE', FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT.

But not from a creative standpoint. And with Wii's new patented motion sensing technology, I don't believe that even from a "technical standpoint" the Wii is "essentially an upgraded GameCube."

Anyway, I agree with McGee.

TheGrayGhost said:
Bold words.

Complete and radical redesigns such as the Wii and Nintendo DS are only a recent phenomenon in Nintendo's history. But that doesn't mean that previous consoles didn't have the same creative/innovative intentions as these newer Nintendo platforms. Both the N64 and GC and, heck, even the GBA and SP were able to make ground-breaking innovations, redefining the gaming experience. And I trust your knowledge as a gamer enough to not list these innovations (it's too early in the morning anyway :O.) And I believe that this spirit of creativity is what McGee indentifies with Nintendo.

But not from a creative standpoint. And with Wii's new patented motion sensing technology, I don't believe that even from a "technical standpoint" the Wii is "essentially an upgraded GameCube."

Anyway, I agree with McGee.

THERE'S NOTHING "RADICALLY" DIFFERENT ABOUT EITHER OF THE LATEST NINTENDO PLATFORMS. THE 'DS' IS ESSENTIALLY A 'GBA', WITH AN EXTRA SCREEN AND A STYLUS (WITH THE SUPPORTING SOFTWARE, OF COURSE). THE 'WII' IS A 'GC V.2', WITH A NEW CONTROL SCHEME, THAT HAS YET TO PROVE ITSELF IN "THE REAL WORLD".

Well, I can't take anyone seriously who believes that the Nintendo DS and the Wii aren't dramatic departures from the norm.

TheGrayGhost said:
Well, I can't take anyone seriously who believes that the Nintendo DS and the Wii aren't dramatic departures from the norm.

"DEPARTURES FROM THE NORM".......YES.........THAT WAS NEVER IN QUESTION. GREAT DEPARTURES FROM THEIR PREDECESSORS? NOT AT ALL.

I CAN'T TAKE ANYONE SERIOUSLY, WHO DOESN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. :o

Tech numbers can only take you so far in something that's being judged on playablity and enjoyment. The numbers are out the window, and that's why (despite my preferences) I still hold out judgment until I've played all three consoles. But if I had to go by what I've seen only, then the Wii is a sure winner.

Gammy79 said:
Thwippy....just love the Wii.
You know it's the right thing to do.

THWIP can't love. He's a robot. Like Michael Bluth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"