Anime Movies?

Da Games Elite

Civilian
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if any more American anime movies have been announced/confirmed aside from Dragonball Z, Robotech, Speed Racer, and Astro Boy? I heard rumors somewhere else about an Evangelion movie in the works, so...

And this isn't just for American flicks. So adaptions like Casshern that are from Japan I'd like to hear about if you know of any. Thanks!:woot:

There is currently a "Gatchaman" movie that is being made by Imagi Animation Studios as a CGI film that is set to be released in either 2008 or 2009. Evangelion was in the works, but is currently on hold for the time being, but my hope is that it will get back up and running soon. I have a lot of faith in Speed Racer and am really excited about Robotech as well. Oh and FYI, Imagi Animation Studios is also the company behind the upcoming Astro Boy, too.

I believe the Japanese are actually making a live action Gatchaman movie.

There's also the Batman Anime project that was announced recently.

Was'nt there a live-action Akira in the works or was that cancelled?

Besides DBZ, and potential sailor moon adaptations, I've never heard of anything else.

They'd be wise to pursue a ghost in the shell live action project directed by ridley scott. That'd make my life complete.

I would also love to see a live action Cowboy Bebop and Trigun (westerns in space, star wars but with kung fu).

And i have sort of conceptualized in my mind a Naruto film starring Dakota Fanning. Nope, not as Sakura, but as the boy himself. Why? Because boys are traditionally played by girls in japanese animation and because she's an incredible actress.

Oh and though it's not technically Anime (though it's obviously heavily influenced) M Night Shamylan is doing a live action Avatar the last Airbender (best nick cartoon ever)

...You just Ruined Naruto for me...:down. There's a difference between a woman voicing a prepubescent boy and a girl playing one. He's thirteen when the series starts. It's quite obvious Naruto isn't a girl.

You sure?

naruto%20sexy%20no%20jutsu.jpg

The only Anime series I can see as live action are ones involving giant Robots.
Gundam, Robotech, Gigantor, Big O, Voltron, and Mazinger Z would work very well as live action films.
I can't see Dragonball Z working out in the end.
Cowboy Bebop and maybe Outlaw Star could work as live action films, and maybe Sailor Moon. Tenchi Muyo could make a good comedy/action film series too.

I believe the Japanese are actually making a live action Gatchaman movie.
This is true. There has been a lot of debate concerning this in terms of if/how these movies might conflict or if the Japanese film would be released in America. As of lately, there has been no news concerning the Japanese film, but the American film still seems to be moving ahead, so we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"