Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches | AMC

Slick

Former apprentice of Kung Fu Joe
Reaction score
I don’t expect nearly any of the dark **** that I read on Wikipedia to be in this series but still looking forward to this. Also really liking the cast and the creative team seemed to work on some great stuff.

I loved these books. Hope the show can do them justice. :)

Can't wait!

Ok this snuck up on me. I read the books maybe 15 years ago pretty much across the span of 2 weeks and they …well they were deranged, but engrossing.

I’m here for this and I’m utterly terrified of Lasher.

Now coming to AMC and AMC Plus.

This seems to be popping up in places much more than IWTV did, understandable I guess. Mayfair would need more marketing as it's not quite as known.

So this is getting mixed reviews so far. I still am looking forward to checking it out for myself on Sunday so hopefully I like it but I have a feeling I will despite what the critics are saying.

It is a complex series of books. Can they do it justice? Who knows? I'm hopeful but cautious as well.

It's sad. I literally had this book on my shelf for years collecting dust and never read it

51YdxBRjP1L.jpg

Hopefully the show gets me to reading.

It's sad. I literally had this book on my shelf for years collecting dust and never read it

51YdxBRjP1L.jpg

Hopefully the show gets me to reading.
:eek: What a crime! Hope you do, the books go to unexpected places. :)

Quote from Dune at around 9min coming from an character with the eyes of Ibad (not really but still).
Will watch.

A very slow burn start but an interesting one as well as necessary to cover the backstory and present day storyline. Overall I liked it and looking forward in the way the series develops over the course of the season. It’s not perfect but a pretty solid start.

Yeah, so far so good. The changes they made were much more subtle here than in Interview, race changes to diversify the cast which is always fine by me. There was one notable absence --

Micheal Curry, Rowan's future husband, whose name i didnt even see on the castlistso next season, maybe?

As opposed to Interview I'm coming into this not having read the books.

I really enjoyed it and definitely feel the show can be on par with IWTV. I'm scratching my head at the harshness of the reviews.

As opposed to Interview I'm coming into this not having read the books.

I really enjoyed it and definitely feel the show can be on par with IWTV. I'm scratching my head at the harshness of the reviews.
I haven't read anything bad. I think it's doing well so far and I have read the books. I hope it keeps going. :)

I haven't read anything bad. I think it's doing well so far and I have read the books. I hope it keeps going. :)
This news bodes well then.

I hope it keeps going as well and am looking forward to episode 2 Sunday. :up:

So, I finally found some time to watch the first episode today and for a show that I pretty much had no expectations going into I have to say that I'm definitely hooked and onboard for the rest.

Alexandria Daddario is great in this so far and I'm really curious about Jack Huston's character. I am really enjoying the worldbuilding and the dark tone/atmosphere just feels appropriate.

I was hooked from the first book! Anne Rice was one of my favorite authors. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"