Any chance of toys based off the movie?

4NutzinYoface

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know that's a silly question I'm half joking..I know so far we've seen a Baroness and M.A.R.S. Trooper figures (which don't really look like their on screen counterparts but...) but check out these pics man HASBRO is brutal!!!

What in the sam hell are they thinking repainting stuff for a BRAND new movie! You better believe Star Wars wouldn't dare get this treatment! Why are G.I. Joe action figure fans gettin the bums rush over here!

attachment.php

This thing is clearly a repainted Duke Resolute and a friggin' tank that came out previously that isn't even going to be in the movie!

attachment.php

Despite the extreme lack of detail at least the vehicle seems to be new..but the apparent 'Terra Viper' is nothing more than a repainted Killer Croc!!!

CHRIST Hasbro stop being a bunch of lazy pricks! Maybe they figure all the hard core G.I. Joe fans aren't havin' any of the new character designs so they are after all of the little kids who dont know the difference or just dont care....man...I wish I was one of those kids because I wouldnt be making this thread and sparing everyone else the rant LoL!

But seriously there has to be some others that agree with me here? I mean I for one think the designs (...well excluding 'The Doctor' so far..kinda lame) are wicked and would make great toys! Especially after seeing them in action in the trailer!.....not too impressed with Hasbro at the moment..idiots.

They look horrible.

AMEN MAN!!! Correct me if I'm wrong....but Hasbro, pretty much created G.I. Joe and have ownership to this property right?.....well it would stand to reason that the makes of the film didn't say:

Stephen Sommers:
"Ohhhhh no you don't Hasbro you can't see the designs for this film just yet it's a secret!"

so then Johnny Hasbro (or nameless suit who works for Hasbro) says:

"Darn! What are we going to do here guys? This is a dilly of a pickle we're in! Hmmm what to do what to d....OH I know what to do here guys, lets just take all the existing stuff and pass it off as 'new', no one will no the difference! People are stupid! Haha...stupid toy collectors and kids won't know the difference! They are all ******ed anyways...I'll tell you what I'm SO glad those morons don't pay MY paycheque am I right? Eh?! Haha, am I right Larry? (slaps other suit on the back, guy chokes a bit, and nods his head and agrees)

...let's make it happen boys! Here's an Idea...lets take...ummm take Snowjob right? Annnnnnd lets just paint OVER his beard and mustache and slap the name 'Arctic Duke!'...cuz...I think the write up for the movie said something or other about Arctic something I dunno....right Larry?"

Larry:
"Ummm..yes, yes sir, that is corre---interrupted by another slap from Higher Up suit--- OOOOFFF!"

Johnny Hasbro:
"You're goddamn right I'm right!....OH and lets take the Roadblock in the Animated DvD Gift Pack and make him.....lets make him Scarlett! Can we put some red hair on that figure and slap a 'Scarlett' on the package?"

Larry:
"But....sir....umm Roadblock is .....bla--

Johnny Hasbro:
"........" --says nothing---

Larry:
"...sigh....right away...sir"

FIN

That IS a repainted Croc Master!!

Wow, that's absolutely terrible. :down

Those aren't very impressive. But the last Toyfare did have pics of the actual movie based figures that have the more original sculpts.

Just remember, that Hasbro's going to be phasing out 25th for the movie and it's going to be strictly movie figs for a while before 25th comes back.

Yeah, because (snicker) G.I. Joe action figures (snicker) were just so well crafted (guffaw) to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"