G.I. JOE movie formula a la TRANSFORMERS movie: Joes/Cobra + BILLY = box office gold?

have one of the female Joes captured by Cobra. maybe Scarlett, and her connection with Snake-Eyes can then really be noticed.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to see that, because Scarlett's no damsel in distress. She can handle herself as well as almost any guy in the Joe team. That's what makes her cool, IMHO.

If you are going to have Scarlett captured (in a sequel) then I want Snake Eyes to save her...and I want it to have a LONG ninja fight with Stormshadow where there is no music or talking...like a silent interlude in the middle of the film.

Stupid, I know...but throw me that bone!

I don't think any female in the Joe team is the damsel in distress type; neither Lady Jaye nor Jinx.

^ Agreed. About the closest you can get is Cover Girl.

I'd say, the most popular GI JOE character of all time is Snake Eyes, the second being Cobra Commander.

I always thought that Storm Shadow is the most popular Cobra character. At least, he is my absolute favorite (and I've been trying to collect all the Storm Shadow I can get).

Storm Shadow was obviously huge with the comic reading crowd, but not so much with the cartoon fans (which I imagine was much larger than the comic book base). I would give Cobra Commander, Destro or Zartan the nod over Stormy on that front.

If you are going to have Scarlett captured (in a sequel) then I want Snake Eyes to save her...and I want it to have a LONG ninja fight with Stormshadow where there is no music or talking...like a silent interlude in the middle of the film.

Stupid, I know...but throw me that bone!
"Silent Interlude"...One of the greatest comics EVER!

Cobra Commander is my favorite. Why must the focus always be on the hero's??? Do the villains origin, do Cobra's rise as a REAL threat which establishes the need for GI JOE

Cobra Commander is my favorite. Why must the focus always be on the hero's??? Do the villains origin, do Cobra's rise as a REAL threat which establishes the need for GI JOE

That was the original idea years ago. However, in my opinion, it was really bad. At least for me, part of what makes a villain truly menacing is if you keep them largely mysterious, at least until later. True, establishing their origins would help make them more rounded but I feel that should be given to the protagonists (at least for the first movie) since they are the ones we are supposed to be rooting and caring for.

At least for me, part of what makes a villain truly menacing is if you keep them largely mysterious, at least until later.

I'm in complete agreement with you on that one. I have little problem with CC being treated as a Palpatine type figure as rumored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"