G.I. Joe Movie Cobra Commander AKA The Doctor

I know this is not his final look..but I still think this looks like crap.

Is it possible to screw out the director through online petition or something? Seriously, this is embarrassing and NOT acceptable.

LOL yeah, do that and let me know how far you get. Seriously, if you don't like it don't see it. It really is that simple. As for some of us, I'm happy to see what we get and reserve judgement until then.

The CC outfit is pretty horrible, but it's the little blue monocole that takes it from lame to hillarious. I really don't understand how JGL could've said all that stuff about CC's classic outfit never working on film, yet he ends up wearing something like this...

I laughed even harder at Zartan.

Completely agree. I thought the same thing when I first saw the photo.
Here's hoping it works out in the end...

Yeah I mean, something like what CC's worn in the more recent Devil's Due comics wouldn't have been quite as silly as the movie look.

Whereas, not to say there won't be a look like that at some point in the future, but the early look of CC/The Doctor is rather silly looking and outlandish.

People complain about the look of the Dr, but they are also in an uproar that CC isn't wearing a silver reflective mask or a bag over his head? I don't get it.

Anyone notice that the Cobra Viper looks a lot like that dude from Army Of Two?

hockeyboy, the point is, Joseph Gordon Levitt in an interview said that Cobra Commander's regular classic outfit would be too silly, outlandish and ridiculous for a movie.

And I agree with him, especially for a military leader. As for the Dr's look, we'll have to wait and see. I'm saying it silly that people are up in arms over costumes that were never designed to be made into a live action movie. But they then complain when Snake Eye's has a mouth just like in source material. They can't have it both ways.

Yeah.......hockeyboy, because THIS would have not looked realistic and a zillion times better then the Doctor look

GI%20Joe%20-%20Cobra%20Commander.jpg

Also SE didnt have a mouth in source material.

I have copys of the pics, they are cards. I would post them but hasbro had them removed from hisstank.:brucebat:

Yeah.......hockeyboy, because THIS would have not looked realistic and a zillion times better then the Doctor look

GI%20Joe%20-%20Cobra%20Commander.jpg

Also SE didnt have a mouth in source material.

I'm not saying I don't like it, but I just don't see it translating well onscreen. It's just my opinion.

Then why does my Snake Eyes with Timber have a mouth???

Cuz you took a knife and carved it in? Does he also wear slacks?

I'm not saying I don't like it, but I just don't see it translating well onscreen. It's just my opinion.

Let me guess, your also one of those people that when they made Hellblazer, said that a brown/tan trench coat wouldn't/dosen't look good on film. (Y'know, regardless of the fact that Ford wore one in Blade Runner and it looks good.....:whatever:)

An article I read on Joblo.com, that came from Hisstank.com, could possibly shed some light on 'The Doctor' character. Read at your own risk, 'cause it does contain possible spoilers. It also might make a few of you happier.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=24909

Don't know if it's been posted or not, but I just read it for the first time today.

An article I read on Joblo.com, that came from Hisstank.com, could possibly shed some light on 'The Doctor' character. Read at your own risk, 'cause it does contain possible spoilers. It also might make a few of you happier.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=24909

Don't know if it's been posted or not, but I just read it for the first time today.

Wait, what?

The link says ""The Doctor" actually turns out to be Cobra Commander" yet "The Doctor IS NOT Joseph Gordon Levitt/Cobra Commander."

How's that work?

This seems way to complicated an introduction for a guy who basically is a comedic yet menacing character.

This movie is going to seriously destroy my childhood memories. Although I will hold out a sliver of hope it doesn't.

This movie is going to seriously destroy my childhood memories. Although I will hold out a sliver of hope it doesn't.

:facepalm You know, these are the stereotypes we fanboys get and you're proving them right.

Ok,

let me get this straight.

So the Doctor IS NOT and WILL NOT BECOME Cobra Commander???!!!

It's a separate character??

I really hope so!!!

I'm confused. Is JGL Mindbender or CC? That article was just plain confusing. It says he becomes CC but he's NOT CC. WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"