G.I. Joe Movie Cobra Commander AKA The Doctor

Well they just ruined a cool character. By the look of his profile hes more Dr.Mindbender then CC. Wow and The viper isn't red, and Zartan looks boring.

I don't even like GI Joe that much yet I feel pissed.

Last edited:
Geez.

Whoever said it was going to be Dr. Satan from House of 1000 Corpses was right.

It's like Dr. Satan with hair.

Wow, I honestly didn't think I could be any more disappointed in this film.

I was wrong. :csad:

And it's not so much that they are so horribly "wrong", it's as deathshead2 said, that they are far more "boring" looking than I ever imagined. Pimp suits and a recycled Dr. Satan mask.

Cosmicherosa called it:

Dr_Satan.jpg

Paramount hired Larry Hama for no reason it seems. Sure the backgrounds of the characters make them interesting, but just like the transformers their looks make them the most impressive. The vipers look cool with bright red costumes, CC and his faceless mask, and the joes with differnet looks. Now their just bodies with interchangeable heads. Everything unique has been taken away.

The Dreadnoks are going to be a group of guys in nice suits. :csad:

Well they just ruined a cool character. By the look of his profile hes more Dr.Mindbender then CC. Wow and The viper isn't red, and Zartan looks boring.

I don't even like GI Joe that much yet I feel pissed.

He does not turn into CC until the end when he is ssen in his classic uniform.

I didn't see Zartan anywhere. Does he look alright?

i don't know know what to say about "The Doctor" unless he has another helmet/mask in the movie.

I highly doubt that's CC's official look. It's more like Pre-Cobra Commander if you ask me. He's only known as 'The Doctor' for now right? They won't give his full appearance away until the end, when he becomes their leader. I think.

I understand that this is a kid's show and that this movie is HOPEFULLY being aimed at little children. But I look at these pictures and I am embarrassed. I get the feeling it is going to more akin to the Mummy series of movies. Not good and cheesy. I will be totally shocked if I enjoy this movie.

I know it is hard to judge something before we've really seen anything from it...but yes, I too am a little depressed about one of my favorite childhood tv show comic and action figure lines being raped on the big screen by this Sommers guy.

I didn't mind the first Mummy, thought the second Mummy was pretty awesome (the action was great!) but Van Helsing and some of his other flicks Deep Rising was it?....friggin SUCKED! The CGI was so soulless and fake and the jokes were something that my 5 year old nephew would die laughing at.....

Everyone who loves G.I. Joe (and there are a few I'm pretty sure) has had their own vision of what a live action movie between the ruthless terrorist organization known as Cobra and the Real American action hero G.I. Joe would be like.....and so far? None of this was what anyone would have either a-imagined or b-wanted :(

Now not to say SOME of the designs are kind of cool to be honest. I do think that Sommers is like a big kid sometimes and has some really cool ideas for action and whatnot and who knows? Maybe everything has led up to this for him..maybe he will bang it out of the park and make a really awesome movie (......gulp....not holding my breath though).

What I THINK may happen is this movie will probably do quite a bit of business...and for Sommers and everyone else involved this is a trial thing you know? Everyone involved from Sommers to a butt load of morons who THINK they know what they are doing to people who are just dicking around with the property for the fun of it because they really dont care and know every fan will buy a ticket,, is going to put this movie out...and then listen to what people had to say and then if they get to a 3rd movie..probably do it somewhat right.

Just a theory but who knows.....so far the only thing that is really blowin up my skirt is Snake Eyes he truly looks awesome.

The Viper Soldier looks like the guys from Army of Two video game.

So basically, they've combined Overlord, the commander of COIL and Cobra Commander. because that is Overlord's look right there, just with longer hair.

overlordlq5.jpg

overlord2fcrf5.jpg

Is that... really the movie version of Cobra Commander? Couldn't there be a mistake or something?

Was I supposed to laugh?

Wow, i'm impressed...I didn't think I could be even more dissapointed and I am! :)

Wow. Just wow. Sommers has single-handedly destroyed yet another franchise.

then again, this is not the Doctor's 'final' form anyway; I'm still looking forward to it (for some odd reason).

I was really hoping that CC looks decent after the disappointment with the rest of the characters.
But man, wtf! I will like to know how did they convince JGL to wear that stupid costume.
But, i will still hope that the movie still have a chance to be good.

Last edited:
money, my friend.

Again, I think he'll wear something familar by the end.

I think Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow look decent. The Baroness looks about right. The rest are kinda generic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"