Any new marvel martial arts movies coming out?

Elektrafan3370

Civilian
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any good marvel, martial arts movies? I liked the fights in Elektra and Daredevil. I also like Spidy and X men. But are there any news on some new butt kicking martial art fighters in the movies yet.

Does anyone know if there are any good marvel, martial arts movies? I liked the fights in Elektra and Daredevil. I also like Spidy and X men. But are there any news on some new butt kicking martial art fighters in the movies yet.

Not really......Iron Fist has been in limbo for years, partly because it was planned to be a vehicle for Ray Park. Then they realised he couldn't act at all.

Shang-Chi (a Bruce Lee rip-off, let's face it) is in the very early stages. I doubt it will get made however.

LOL well that kinda sux. I was hoping for marvel would have something good and actiony to come out. and also

WHAT ARE THE RUMORS ABOUT HELLBOY 2? IS THAT REALLY HAPPENING?

LOL well that kinda sux. I was hoping for marvel would have something good and actiony to come out. and also

Yes. We have a Hellboy 2 forum, you can get all the information there.

Shang-Chi (a Bruce Lee rip-off, let's face it) is in the very early stages. I doubt it will get made however.

I believe one of the biggest obsticles is getting permission to use Fu Manchu. Is this your opinion too?

Isnt Fu Manchu public domain?

I don't believe so....I thought that the owners of the rights are who caused for Fu to be written out of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie.

Fu wasnt even REALLY in the LoEG comics...yeah, we all know it was him, but they couldnt call him Fu Manchu because he was still under copyright...

Fu wasnt even REALLY in the LoEG comics...yeah, we all know it was him, but they couldnt call him Fu Manchu because he was still under copyright...

I thought it was something like that.

So, it will be hard to make a movie about a character that is the son of Fu Manchu and teams up with Fu's greatest enemy to fight him....if you can make no reference to Fu.

i'm sure a clever writer could handle that

I still want a "Heros for Hire" with Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
That should have some good, urban brawling.

Wasn't Wesley Snipes involved in developing some martial arts comic book movie last year...or something?

God forbid another Elektra!

Btw, has Fu Manchu ever been played by an actual asian person before?

Wasn't Wesley Snipes involved in developing some martial arts comic book movie last year...or something?

He's talked about Black Panther....but I don't know of any others.

Hopefully he doesn't do that either :ninja:
I wouldn't have agree to that a couple of years ago....but now I do. Snipes has went way downhill in my eyes.

He's talked about Black Panther....but I don't know of any others.

It wasn't Black Panther, it was another movie. I think the cast was going to be all asian or something, and shot in Hong Kong. It was adapted from a comic book, or cartoon or something. I rememer reading about it on an old Blade/or Black Panther thread on here....to lazy to find it now.

Im hoping for another Elektra film.

Im one of the 10fans who actually enjoyed the film.

They need to get Shang Chi on this motherf***er. They'd need to get the rights to use Fu Manchu, but I think that's kind of impossible....just make Shang Chi's dad a Fu Manchu look-alike. I guess it'd be the first Marvel movie without super powers....

Or, they could make an Iron Fist movie.

I wouldn't have agree to that a couple of years ago....but now I do. Snipes has went way downhill in my eyes.

Yeah he's not as good as he use to be. That and I'd like to distinctly see him as Blade. He doesn't need to be greedy and be Panther too. Give someone else a shot.

They need to get Shang Chi on this motherf***er. They'd need to get the rights to use Fu Manchu, but I think that's kind of impossible....just make Shang Chi's dad a Fu Manchu look-alike. I guess it'd be the first Marvel movie without super powers....

Or, they could make an Iron Fist movie.

I want Sir Lee back as Fu Manchu, if not then get Nic Cage back

Those triscuits can't handle the yellow fever! Er, peril....I pity the Fu!

But, yeah....Rob Zombie's faux trailer one of the highlights of Grindhouse....

I want Sir Lee back as Fu Manchu, if not then get Nic Cage back

I have a couple of his Fu movies on DVD.....it would be fantastic to have him as Fu in a Shang Chi film.:woot:

I'm going to have to dig out my Fu Manchu paperbacks now and re-read them.

Iron Fist...

Hellboy 2 is filming as we speak, the release date is sometime in August(08).

Im hoping for another Elektra film.

Im one of the 10fans who actually enjoyed the film.

Ditto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"