APPLICATION: Future Marvel RPG

Blacklight

Revamped and Renegade.
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:
no one yet.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: no

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: no one yet

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: It's the same concept as the "Future DC" RPG, but it's Marvel. It goes by seasons and GM's will approve people.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer). I will come up with a GREAT backstory soon. Basic jist, Some guys are dead, some are alive, some are devastated, some guys are taking up some mantles.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): A no continuity futuristic Marvel Universe that isn't MC2 or 2099, but a new 616 with old, new and everything in between.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The "Marvel Universe: New Age" RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

"Marvel Universe: New Age" RPG Year One Character Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Hero/Villain:

Identity (Public/Secret?):

Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they are today):

Personality:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:
1)

2)

3)

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech:

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

For GM, I propose Johnny Blaze, MB or Syn and then they can pick the AGMs.

...Honestly, and I'm not trying to be mean, as you know I would've loved to see that MC2 RPG get up and running, but I think you should've thought it out a little more before applying.

Putting up an app without a backstory or even so much as a couple of selected moderators isn't nessacarily building confidence that you can be as organised with the actual game itself, which an RPG requires in order to run properly.

That said, I'm willing to wait until said sections are properly filled out, as you've said you will, for my final call on whether or not this should get my vote to be approved.

...Honestly, and I'm not trying to be mean, as you know I would've loved to see that MC2 RPG get up and running, but I think you should've thought it out a little more before applying.

Putting up an app without a backstory or even so much as a couple of selected moderators isn't nessacarily building confidence that you can be as organised with the actual game itself, which an RPG requires in order to run properly.

That said, I'm willing to wait until said sections are properly filled out, as you've said you will, for my final call on whether or not this should get my vote to be approved.
I am coming up with an Awesome Long backstory, but it might take awhile to do it. Like the Gods, Future and New Age, their backstories took about a day, and about the GM thing, I realized that I can't GM, I need someone good to GM. I realized that all the Applications I've submitted were RPG's that I wanted to play, not GM. I'm not ready. I'm still pretty new to it, and unless all the experienced RPers think I'm good enough to GM, I don't think I can. Please consider accepting this. This is a perfect combinaton of Marvel, MC2 and New Age. I can come up with an awesome backstory and a head and assistant GM's in no time. :woot:

Do you want to know how it happened? How we got here? To this place? It was the perfect storm.

When did it began? Maybe it began with the birth of mutants. Maybe it began on the ill-fated space flight.

All I know is now, I am not allowed to act. Just observe...

Just watch.

The Skrull Empire. Always at war with the SHi'ar, until there was no longer a shi'ar, until there was only a Vulcan Empire. Vulcan who returned to Earth to wage war against humanity, except the humanity he found had become enslaved to those very same Skrulls.

How? The Illuminati. Charles Xavier. Black Bolt. Namor the Submariner. Reed Richards. Doctor Strange. All replaced by Skrulls. Why? Because they were the keepers of the infinte gems.

Except the Hulk came back. And war was raged.

The end result? A feifdom. The entire planet came under the rule of the Skrull EMpire. Except Africa. The intial cradle of civilization. There the last vestages of humanity remain protected by Bruce Banner himself.

The 198? Scattered through the world, living as nomads. Some are turncoats having aligned themselves with the Skrulls.

Our other heroes? Our Avengers? reduced to guerilla warriors trying in vain to take back our planet, one splinter cell at a time.

All set against the coming return of Vulcan, Emperor of the High Vulcan Empire with Deathbird as his mate.

And me. Franklin Richards. The most powerful being in the universe...forbidden to interfere. Alowed only to watch.

Yes, this is the future of 616. This is its New Age.

if that sounds good to everyone i can flesh it out more, with a timeline. who lives, who dies, etc.

Do you want to know how it happened? How we got here? To this place? It was the perfect storm.

When did it began? Maybe it began with the birth of mutants. Maybe it began on the ill-fated space flight.

All I know is now, I am not allowed to act. Just observe...

Just watch.

The Skrull Empire. Always at war with the SHi'ar, until there was no longer a shi'ar, until there was only a Vulcan Empire. Vulcan who returned to Earth to wage war against humanity, except the humanity he found had become enslaved to those very same Skrulls.

How? The Illuminati. Charles Xavier. Black Bolt. Namor the Submariner. Reed Richards. Doctor Strange. All replaced by Skrulls. Why? Because they were the keepers of the infinte gems.

Except the Hulk came back. And war was raged.

The end result? A feifdom. The entire planet came under the rule of the Skrull EMpire. Except Africa. The intial cradle of civilization. There the last vestages of humanity remain protected by Bruce Banner himself.

The 198? Scattered through the world, living as nomads. Some are turncoats having aligned themselves with the Skrulls.

Our other heroes? Our Avengers? reduced to guerilla warriors trying in vain to take back our planet, one splinter cell at a time.

All set against the coming return of Vulcan, Emperor of the High Vulcan Empire with Deathbird as his mate.

And me. Franklin Richards. The most powerful being in the universe...forbidden to interfere. Alowed only to watch.

Yes, this is the future of 616. This is its New Age.

Sounds good, if you need help fleshing stuff out, or have more thoguhts, just let me know!

id rather get some peoples input on the premise before investing that amount of time in it.

Hmm...I get the feeling the there are already enough Marvel-related RPG's and the whole section is a bit slow right now. Perhaps this should be held off until people can better prioritize themselves.

Hmm...I get the feeling the there are already enough Marvel-related RPG's and the whole section is a bit slow right now. Perhaps this should be held off until people can better prioritize themselves.
theres 3, Dawn, Ultimate, and the other one.

i dont play in ultimate, or the other one. but my understanding is those should be going to hiatus soon. this could be played before the next season starts.

in any event, there could be 100 marvel rpgs and if there are people willing to play in them they should be allowed to.

As for the death list Kaboom, I have a couple suggestions:

Nick Fury
MJ (cliche, I know)
Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Daredevil
Some X-Men, maybe even Wolvie
Jessica Drew
Moon Knight
Falcon
and Iron Fist.

Hiatuses? If you are refering the a gap between seasons, that doesn't last longer than a week, if that.

The truth is the RPG community is a small minority of Hype and there aren't enough of us to spread over all the RPG. You yourself are in what seems like 6 RPG's, I'm sure you can't commit to posting once a day for each. Everyone is spreading themselves too thin, and another RPG especially another Marvel based one, will not help matters.

'Course this is all my 2 cents, you're free to do as like.

As for the death list Kaboom, I have a couple suggestions:

Nick Fury
MJ (cliche, I know)
Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Daredevil
Some X-Men, maybe even Wolvie
Jessica Drew
Moon Knight
Falcon
and Iron Fist.

how do you come up with death lists? and how can i kill Hulk when he's humanity's leader?

This in continuity with Spider-Man reign?

This in continuity with Spider-Man reign?
right now there is no real continuity. i was extrapolating to the end of the world war hulk and the coming skrull war to create a world where human kind and mutant kind have been taken over. it would be a whole new spin. im not real familiar with spider-man reign, but it either could be or could not be included.

Death lists should be up to whoever plays what character. Say someone wanted to play Spider-Man. They and they alone should have the option of whether or not MJ or Aunt May are dead. (Though I can't imagine Aunt May actually still being alive, by this point.) The lists should be added to as characters are taken up, not before... that limits the options of who can be used and who can't.

At least, that's what I think.

Death lists should be up to whoever plays what character. Say someone wanted to play Spider-Man. They and they alone should have the option of whether or not MJ or Aunt May are dead. (Though I can't imagine Aunt May actually still being alive, by this point.) The lists should be added to as characters are taken up, not before... that limits the options of who can be used and who can't.

At least, that's what I think.
i agree--unless the death of the character factors into the backstory but at this time since the backstry is loose, if someone wants to reserve a character then we can cut that problem off at the pass.

I agree with MB, but there should be some Deadlists of X-men, villians, and heroes so it shows how bleak the world is.
Though it doesn't mean those people are truly dead.

You know I'd love to, but like everyone's said - I'm stretched too thin.

Granted, the Movie RPG is looking to be going down the pooper, so that's two less characters for me to worry about. :o:csad:

how do you come up with death lists? and how can i kill Hulk when he's humanity's leader?
Sorry, forgot about the Africa part. I bet BP is pi$$ed about that.:woot: and I thought that some heroes would be dead so other people could take up there mantles, like in New Age DC.

BL and Kaboom, either of you have ideas for what characters you're reserving?

The essential story seems to be the skrulls win the skrull war and take over earth. All humans have been moved to africa where they are protected and ruled over by Hulk who has essentially bartered with the Skrulls to keep Africa free---kind of like a penal colony for humans.

and this is set against the Vulcan Empire returning to earth.

The only people who are presumed dead are the illuminati, seeing as how thats integral to the story (since they were replaced by the skrulls and were the ones who sent hulk off world).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"