Are movies being spoiled by the internet?

RedIsNotBlue

Agree to disagree
Reaction score
I think this would be a good discussion but probably a thread on it as been made already and its going to get pointed out to me but oh well. Do you think these days with the internet movies are spoiled? With all of the trailers, pictures, rumors, announcements, interviews, script leaks and reviews, etc. that a certain aspect of the excitement of films in the older days is gone? Does it in anyway ruin it on some level to know certain things that you already know are going to happen, see or hear? Could it be related with a chunk of movies being poorly recieved and even with the box office decline is that we are being overly spoiled?? Like for example with The Dark Knight going into production I am thinking about personally cutting myself off from certain things such as footage, pictures, and rumors to let me have a more surprise experience. Discuss.

I know I should try and not look at spoilers for movies I´m excited to see, like the Spidey or Batman movies, but I´m weak... Anyway, we have a choice not to look into spoilers... Unless these occasions where some bastard posts them without any warning...

Yeah, we're definitely spoiled with this stuff. That's why I'm keeping myself away from the Spidey 3 board from now on.

ultimatefan said:
I know I should try and not look at spoilers for movies I´m excited to see, like the Spidey or Batman movies, but I´m weak... Anyway, we have a choice not to look into spoilers... Unless these occasions where some bastard posts them without any warning...

Yes I know it is a choice but its a very difficult one. Its too tempting it is like a drug addiction. I am really going to try it for The Dark Knight. Chances are am going to slip up when the first Joker pics comes out. :(

If it means I see less and less movies each year, because I hear about ****ty ones in advance, I see no reason for me to complain

If people want to spoil a movie for themselves, that's their business. I do it because I know years from now It won't matter..

Possibly, but if the all the publicity on the net is bad, then the internet is hurting films, not spoiling them.

Well the spoilers are there but you have a choice of whether you look or not. It does hurt films because too many out there let the opinions of others dictate how they are going feel about a movie before they view it for themselves. To me thats just silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"