• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are there certain kinds of Fanboys that annoy you? - Part 1

Another for my list:

Community Fanboys who insist on needlessly bashing on The Big Bang Theory when there is absolutely no reason to compare the shows whatsoever(just because they're on at the same time doesn't justify any of this). Whining about another show just because it gets better ratings isn't going to save Greendale, Starburns.

I say this as someone who enjoys both shows.

Ohh I got a good one: fanboys that speculate on movie plotlines

Now that The Avengers has become a hit we all know that a sequel is being planned without a doubt so today I'm at this comic book convention and I overhear a dealer talking to a customer that the Avengers sequel will be based on the Infinity Gauntlet, but the way he was talking it's as if he was assertive and that his word was final.

I mean who is this random guy? he doesn't work for Marvel, he doesn't have insider connections, and the sequel could go through many rewrites that it might not even have Thanos at all.

I mean it's ok to talk and speculate on sequel possibilities, I do that to, but don't geek out and suddenly take it personally when it's wrong.

Bat fans. Apparently a film making 200 million dollars OW isn't a big deal. Yea, but i'm sure you'd make a song and dance about it if it was Batman right? And apparently Marvel should be applauded, not because Avengers is a great film, but get this, "because they packaged a so so movie and made it into an event". :dry:

Good lawd i hate them so much.

I'm dreading the Hype crashes when TDKR comes out. I already know how much Avengers bashing is going to continue and heighten then.

I'm a batfan, and I love Nolan movies. But I'm glad that Avengers is doing so great at the box office. I really liked it, and It's great to see that a lot of people are watching super heroes movies now. I don't care if TDKR makes more at the BO or not. all I care about is having a great time with all those movies. the better they are, the happier I am.

I'm dreading the Hype crashes when TDKR comes out. I already know how much Avengers bashing is going to continue and heighten then.

If TDK does better than Avengers I will cry:dry:

Something tells me it won't. It will come close, but it won't beat Avengers. :sixthsense:

If TDK does better than Avengers I will cry:dry:

Did you make Avengers? Why do you even care? The rabid Batman fans are annoying. But so is the victimization act that bitter Avengers fans carry around. I liked Avengers. And I also plan to see TDKR when it comes out. And I don't give a crap which does better. Because it doesn't affect my life one iota.

Did you make Avengers? Why do you even care? The rabid Batman fans are annoying. But so is the victimization act that bitter Avengers fans carry around. I liked Avengers. And I also plan to see TDKR when it comes out. And I don't give a crap which does better. Because it doesn't affect my life one iota.

Absolutely. and i'll also watch the amazing spider-man. I may even watch those movies several times.

Calm down...you'll give yourself an... ulcer.:oldrazz:

It's normal for fans to root for something. It's not a sign that they're insane or anything.

In my opinion, it's no different than rooting for your fav sport team to win.

Only it's very different, since the movies aren't in direct competition.

Léo Ho Tep;23179687 said:
I'm a batfan, and I love Nolan movies. But I'm glad that Avengers is doing so great at the box office. I really liked it, and It's great to see that a lot of people are watching super heroes movies now. I don't care if TDKR makes more at the BO or not. all I care about is having a great time with all those movies. the better they are, the happier I am.

The more money super-hero movies make, the more movies we will get.

I am looking forward to seeing TDKR, maybe not as much as TA but I still want to see it and I don't really care which makes more as we all win with Superhero movies topping all-time lists.

Sadly, I am not feeling TAS even though I am a big S-M fan. I haven't decided on whether I am going to watch in theatres or wait until it comes out to rent. I will probably end up going to the theatres but I usually only go to the theatres 2 or 3 times a year for big movies and I am planning on watching he Hobbit when it comes out.

The more money super-hero movies make, the more movies we will get.

I am looking forward to seeing TDKR, maybe not as much as TA but I still want to see it and I don't really care which makes more as we all win with Superhero movies topping all-time lists.

Sadly, I am not feeling TAS even though I am a big S-M fan. I haven't decided on whether I am going to watch in theatres or wait until it comes out to rent. I will probably end up going to the theatres but I usually only go to the theatres 2 or 3 times a year for big movies and I am planning on watching he Hobbit when it comes out.

That's exactly how I feel. I'll watch TAS in theater as well, as I often go to theaters, and I'm really waiting for this one. In the end, TDKR is the one I'm more waiting for, but I'm glad to have the chance to watch three new (and hopefully great) super heroes movies this year.

I just don't get why we cant route for both movies to do well. I'll admit I did this years ago with the SR vs. X3 and it was banal and stupid at best. I love the characters in both films why not cheer both films to do well?

And didn't they come out the same weekend? or one after the next? That's why it had a little feud plus the Rothman & Fox studios vs. Singer & Marsden idiocy.

Not so much a "fanboy" but.. I really get annoyed by people who make a lengthy review of a game/comic/tv show/movie/etc... on a message board and write it as if they're a critic in an entertainment magazine.. 1) about 2 people read that all the way through, 2) it sort of just makes people seem like they need to feel important

i get the same vibe when people create a blog, or pinterest board, rant on facebook, tweet, or write in their tumblr account... I mean doesn't facebook do all of this? you don't have to go create a separate account somewhere more isolated to see how much attention you can get....

Not so much a "fanboy" but.. I really get annoyed by people who make a lengthy review of a game/comic/tv show/movie/etc... on a message board and write it as if they're a critic in an entertainment magazine.. 1) about 2 people read that all the way through, 2) it sort of just makes people seem like they need to feel important

i get the same vibe when people create a blog, or pinterest board, rant on facebook, tweet, or write in their tumblr account... I mean doesn't facebook do all of this? you don't have to go create a separate account somewhere more isolated to see how much attention you can get....

Yup, I usually shut off when someone needs to write a many paragraph tome on their thoughts on something. Besides, it's usually inefficient writing that dances around 1 or 2 real points and 7 paragraphs of blather.

But, I always enjoy when people are passionate enough to go on so it's really not that bad in the end.

Yup, I usually shut off when someone needs to write a many paragraph tome on their thoughts on something. Besides, it's usually inefficient writing that dances around 1 or 2 real points and 7 paragraphs of blather.

But, I always enjoy when people are passionate enough to go on so it's really not that bad in the end.

i'm glad people have passion. Just annoys me when it's lengthy, and when it's worded as if they're a high paid movie critic. lol. I'm like... really? no one really cares but you. I don't know... just rubs me the wrong way. Like they're tring to feel like a celebrity, or important, or something.. not sure if i'm describing it correctly. Almost a touch of arrogance and narcissism to confirm their own self-worth.

Pretentious fans annoy the ever living heck out of me.

Yeah, comic book stories can be amazing and the characters can be intriguing. In the long run, though, they're still dudes and dudettes in spandex. Little kids enjoy these characters and stories too. People just need to get over themselves and have fun sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"