DC Animation Are we overdue for a new Batman animated show?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving Harley Quinn, love Young Justice, am really looking forward to the Aquaman animated project (and think a Wonder Woman series is long, long overdue)... but isn’t it about time we got a new Batman animated show? Beware the Batman ended in, what, 2014?

Is it too much to hope The Batman might provide just the opportunity to get one off the ground?

I mean, with the CW transforming into what it is now, there really hasn't been a place for a new Batman cartoon. And who the hell knows about DC Universe.

And I will pass on a BTAS revival. Bruce Timm needs a certain amount of Standards and Practices oversight that I am not confident that he will get.

I can see them doing one the year the Batman releases.

I mean, with the CW transforming into what it is now, there really hasn't been a place for a new Batman cartoon. And who the hell knows about DC Universe.
CW doesn't make cartoons though

A new one would be great. I really wish we could get a show in the same universe of the Under The Red Hood movie.

Give us Oracle, Professor Pyg, Zsasz, a whole ton of villains we haven’t seen animated yet.

B: TAS revival?
I mean, I definitely wouldn’t say no to it, but I kind of want an animated take on Batman that’s a little more of the moment and a new way into the character/mythology for this generation. Not to make anyone feel old or anything, but if they just freshened up BTAS it would be like if they were still churning out Superfriends cartoons in the early 2000s.

Dini and Burnett and Ty Templeton are doing a new comic in that universe and tbh that’s good enough for me.

Beware the Batman ended in, what, 2014?

If anything, I'd rather see a Beware the Batman revival, whether that means more episodes, a movie, or even comics. It and Green Lantern: The Animated Series both got robbed big time, and unlike Young Justice, we never got anything else from them to make up for that. It didn't help that the closest we got to a Batman cartoon afterwards were those bland Batman Unlimited shorts and movies.

CW doesn't make cartoons though

They sort of do in the CW Seed site. They've done Vixen, Freedom Fighters, Constantine, and currently Deathstroke.

I'd love a new Batman animated series but only if it were on the more serious side and featured the Bat family more. Honestly....he could be a prime time animated series. Or HBOMax? They need as much content as they can get.

They sort of do in the CW Seed site. They've done Vixen, Freedom Fighters, Constantine, and currently Deathstroke.

They dont have the budget for anything outside of 3 minute cartoons.

I’d prefer this. Especially with the announcement of the series continuing in comic form. Just turn the comic into S5 of BTAS :D
Yeah, between that and the new wave of 90's revivals (not to mention the HD transfers for BTAS and Beyond) it makes me think that a BTAS revival is more likely now than before

If you guys go to Dollar Tree, they sell Beware The Batman DVD's for $1. If you can find both volumes, you have the complete series.

There's so much Batman material out there already but I wouldn't mind another one.

Batman's been done to death, lets move on to Booster Gold!

Meld Gen:Lock’s style of animation with Mikel Janin’s art and go from there. Boom. Done.

One of the best ever animated comicbook shows is the current harley quinn one.

Please go tweet and post #renewharleyquinn to get more seasons of this amazing show.

Remember to @thedcuniverse @hbomax @lakebell @dcuharleyquinn @pmschumaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"